Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 597
Like Tree170Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default Upcoming Warrior Changes

    Hi everyone.

    I've been promising to do a State of the Warrior type post for a few weeks now so here are some changes that I’m considering:
    • Paladin: Adding a 1% increase to healing received on Protector’s Fury. Max. stack count remains at 5.
    • Reaver: A fundamental change to corruptions.
      • Change from PBAoE to GTAoE with a cast range of 20m with a 7-10m affect radius. Range is augmented by Binding of Shadow.
      • Corrupted areas grant debuffs to the mobs/players that enter it. These last for 20 seconds base and duration is augmented by Vile Affinity.
      • Corruption debuffs cause threat instantly when applied and have a DoT component. Threat is augmented by Sinister Intent.
      • Corruption debuffs would share a global stack count per caster and be limited to 1-2 max.
      • Cooldown would stay at 30 seconds for now. Can be altered based on playtesting.
      • Corruptions remain finishers with their damage augmented by attack points spent during casting.
    • Void Knight: Several QoL changes…
      • Accord of the Rift grants the effects of the other Accords similar to Dominating Bearing in Champion.
      • Unstable Void grants the effect of Void. With the above change, this reduces the amount of buffs cast from a VK soul from 6 to 2.
      • Ambient Engorgement provides pacts all the time and not just while in combat. Note: This effect might be moved to another ability higher in the VK tree based on playtesting.
      • Protective Shield repurposed into a high cooldown ability that grants max pacts.
    Souls that are under the Eye of Vladd:
    • Beastmaster: There are a host of QoL issues when it comes to this soul that are on the list to be addressed such as target switching, reliance upon bleeds, ability management, and access to only one pet while all other pet classes have three options.

      Of that list, the pet options is probably the only one that won't happen since that requires a ton of art time to model and animate. That doesn't mean that I won't champion for it though!

    • Warlord: There have been a lot of complaints about energy starvation with Warlord. This is the designed drawback of the burst that they do now. They are great for bursting but not so great for sustained. What falls under the Eye of Vladd is this design effective and fun? Probably not based on the complaints. Any improvements would be centered around changing it from a starvation mechanic into a cooldown mechanic.

    • Riftblade: Again, this soul has been a hot topic as of late particularly as to what it brings to the table compared to other souls that have better survivability. My gut tells me that Burst Synergy might be behind some of it. Still, I’d love to hear more suggestions to get the Riftblade back in line. As always, you can either post in this thread or PM me.
    What does being under the Eye of Vladd mean? This means that I’m keeping a watchful eye on them or that they are on my to do list.

    And now the standard disclaimer part…

    Just because I’ve mentioned something here or anywhere on the forums doesn’t mean that it is set in stone and will come to pass. Testing on PTS, issues found during implementation, or aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made or in some cases unmade. Also, just because I don’t have a bullet point for every single soul doesn’t mean that I’m not working on them either.
    Last edited by Vladd; 12-08-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Ooohh big shiny post.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Should've rolled a warrior I knew it.

    Can mages have a kitty?
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

    Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Vladd walks walkings into trions HQ, bypasses all future Work mates and sits down to a computer showing all warrior souls.

    "Hi you must be the new warrior dev, welcome to the company im *insert name*"
    Vladd looks at *insert name* blankly and beings breaking his brain on what needs to be done.

    Good job Vladd finally tank souls are getting so much needed love, im 100% behind you and your future development ideas.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post

    Just because I’ve mentioned something here or anywhere on the forums doesn’t mean that it is set in stone and will come to pass. Testing on PTS, issues found during implementation, or aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made or in some cases unmade. Also, just because I don’t have a bullet point for every single soul doesn’t mean that I’m not working on them either.
    Out of curiosity Vladd are you going to be focusing on QoL, PVE or PVP?

    The current notes are just a summary and I understand that but I'm just curious since the primary field warriors are suffering in is PVP. The Tank damage tax and zero use taunts for example.

    Either way thanks for the post. It's a nice read.
    Last edited by Ranik; 12-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Beastmaster: There are a host of QoL issues when it comes to this soul that are on the list to be addressed such as target switching, reliance upon bleeds, ability management, and access to only one pet while all other pet classes have three options.

    Of that list, the pet options is probably the only one that won't happen since that requires a ton of art time to model and animate. That doesn't mean that I won't champion for it though!
    Heck, even if they looked the same variants might be useful.

    That said: My biggest issue with Beastmaster has been the very very very limited selection of ways to attack more than one thing at a time. Most other specs have some options for dealing with multiple targets, but I was finding very few on BM. ... This may have changed since I last tried, though. Haven't looked.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Power Shield repurposed into a high cooldown ability that grants max pacts.
    A) Yay, pacts!
    b) So, what happens to having a 20% cooldown like every other tank soul. (preferably a new one that does not consume pacts)

    access to only one pet while all other pet classes have three options.
    Only having the one pet is fine, it's the quality of the pet that's the issue. It has 3 abilities. Single target bite, AoE bleed, charge. A 4rth ability would allow some more use of the pet, to make up for the ability to chose from the semi specialized versatility of the other souls pets. single target bleed, a single target double claw attack, An AoE claw swipe, an armor debuff, basicly a brutal strike for the pet? Something.

    Elementalist, Necromancer, Ranger, and Druid also can get pet GCD down to 1 sec. Beastmaster cannot. Pretty sure the Beastmaster's pet is not powerful enough to make up for it either. 4rth ability could do it.

    A new 61 point talent that buffs your with all the calls would be nice as well. 5 buffs is a bit much.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    edit nevermind
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 12-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    Out of curiosity Vladd are you going to be focusing on QoL, PVE or PVP?

    The current notes are just a summary and I understand that but I'm just curious since the primary field warriors are suffering in is PVP. The Tank damage tax and zero use taunts for example.

    Either way thanks for the post. It's a nice read.
    We had a discussion at lunch a few weeks ago where we threw around some ideas about how to get tanks relevant in PVP. Some stuck, some fell flat. However, none of them were what could be considered elegant solutions where we were positive that we would get the desired results. So, the thoughts are still there... mulling around.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    We had a discussion at lunch a few weeks ago where we threw around some ideas about how to get tanks relevant in PVP. Some stuck, some fell flat. However, none of them were what could be considered elegant solutions where we were positive that we would get the desired results. So, the thoughts are still there... mulling around.
    By all means share some of them with us Or at least the general ideas.

    I'm the type who likes to brainstorm. So even though you probably can't talk shop. I have to ask
    Last edited by Ranik; 12-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    20% dmg reduction, restoring pacts. vs. 20% reduction, removes pacts, weak group shield.

    Yeah okay. That's a bit of an improvement .

    Hmmm. Rift shield, protective shield, power shield. With unstable reaction to stay topped off. It would be a bit of a decent thing. Make VK better against bursts.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Some of these ideas look great already Vladd.

    I've been toying around with 61 Warlord in Tier 1 content as of late,and it seems pretty solid but just a bit behind, especially with the energy starvation you mentioned.

    I'll play around some more this weekend and see if I can come up with any ideas!

    P.S. I like the idea of tacking increased healing received onto Protector's Fury.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Unstable Void grants the effect of Void. With the above change, this reduces the amount of buffs cast from a VK soul from 6 to 2.
    Is this real life?

    <3
    !

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Gaining a pact goes us passive threat I believe, so doesn't that mean that a VK will constantly be placed in combat by aggroing mobs that are in range with ambient engorgement?
    Last edited by Sorano; 12-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Heck, even if they looked the same variants might be useful.

    That said: My biggest issue with Beastmaster has been the very very very limited selection of ways to attack more than one thing at a time. Most other specs have some options for dealing with multiple targets, but I was finding very few on BM. ... This may have changed since I last tried, though. Haven't looked.
    Agreed. BM was the ONE class I was super excited for prelaunch. I always love pet classes, just Rift doesn't seem to do them very well, BM especially. I thought since BM's main attraction was the pet, it would be a genuine pet class like White Lion was in WAR. The pet just seems to.. exist, I guess. I was hoping the change to Support would make it at least a viable class, but now it just doesn't seem to be very useful at all. The one thing I think it could benefit from is additional pets with different purposes. Obviously, new artwork would be nice but... why can you use artwork from within the game already? Just repurpose it for a BM pet.

    I guess I just don't understand how every pet in the game got a complete makeover, but the devs can't find time to add another one or two BM pets? Just seems like Trion has kicked this class to the curb (it's been pretty crappy since launch, except for when the bleed effects were glitched and it did ridiculous damage LOL).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts