Closed Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes

Ascendant

As an alternative to fiddling with Shadow of Dread if it's preferable to just leave it as a charge ability and not a rotational one:

Remove Immunization
    Replace with Dire Infection - Dire Blow now refreshes Blood Fever, Necrotic Wounds, Soul Sickness and Flesh Rot if they are already on the target.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-08-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    how about, just for starters...

give each tank a "voice" that gives taunts an added effect, different for each tank.
    these would apply to both single target and aoe taunts.

Reaver: Voice of Entropy. taunts increase enemy players GCD by 0.5 seconds and cast times by one third (a three second cast becomes a 4 second cast).

Void Knight: Voice of Abnegation. enemies effected by the taunt have a XX% chance for abilities to miss (dodged/resisted/whatever) for X seconds. (heals would be effected too)

Paladin: Voice of Retribution. whenever an effected enemy uses an ability they suffer X damage and deal Y damage to surrounding players.
    i am totally against taunts. they would really make the game miserable for players who a tank focused. would much rather have self cds low in tank trees and high in tank trees have intercepts to protect your team along with the current healing and defensive cds. taunting would open up a whole other can of worms that would ruin the game IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i am totally against taunts. they would really make the game miserable for players who a tank focused. would much rather have self cds low in tank trees and high in tank trees have intercepts to protect your team along with the current healing and defensive cds. taunting would open up a whole other can of worms that would ruin the game IMO
    would those intercepts be on par with defiler links? would they stack with defiler links?

I don't see the intercept option as viable simply because they've already given that traditional tank job to clerics, and its OP with just one soul having such abilities. it would only get worse if it was added to another three souls.

taunts are currently just sitting there begging to be given a purpose in pvp.
    the question isn't "should we use taunts or not?" but rather "what can we make taunts do?"

they could even do the intercept thing;
    single target taunts: 20% of the taunted enemies damage/healing is redirected to the tank.
    aoe taunts: 5% of the taunted enemies damage/healing is redirected to the tank

note: this is interception at the other end of the line. instead of intercepting a friendlies damage taken, you intercept an enemies damage done. it also works as a heal debuff/leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

would those intercepts be on par with defiler links? would they stack with defiler links?

I don't see the intercept option as viable simply because they've already given that traditional tank job to clerics, and its OP with just one soul having such abilities. it would only get worse if it was added to another three souls.

the question isn't "should we use taunts or not?" but rather "what can we make taunts do?"

single target taunts: 20% of the taunted enemies damage/healing is redirected to the tank.

note: this is interception at the other end of the line. instead of intercepting a friendlies damage taken, you intercept an enemies damage done. it also works as a heal debuff/leech.
    Taunts are a good idea and a fundamental ability all tanks have. It should have relevance in pvp. If they make it so it requires a target to focus the tank for a period of time would have a huge impact on pvp. Also, a damage output debuff would be nice as well.

The main issue is that none of these abilities would reduce damage to the tank.

I like the idea of a shield wall type ability that reduces damage taken to the tank and protect the team behind them. It should be a cast that makes it so you cannot use other abilities while it is up but you are almost invincible to kill during this time period. It would be cool to have a line of tanks in front a big zerg of players in CQ.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    RB is actually only about 2k sustained DPS lower than Paragon with much, much higher AOE capability. It needs a bit of buff imo, maybe a Burst Synergy change, but honestly it's not extremely far behind. I play RB on every fight where I DPS and it's perfectly fine, Abominus included.
    Why are you using RB on every fight? I think on the practice dummy you are spot on but in raids I believe the difference is much greater. It is more than 2k dps in raids. This is for single target. On some bosses it can have more than paragon. For instance, fights like Regulos with eyes and etc. Also, some bosses seem to be hit harder with RB than others. I know this sounds silly but on Ultane for example RB seems to always parse unusally high compared to other bosses. I am not sure why.

I am talking pure single target on a boss with no AOE. This needs a buff. My issue is how can we make the arguement that RB should have less single target damage because of AOE when we have...

SHAMAN (AOE and Single target)...

That destroys this argument. In fact, Shaman get much better numbers in both categories. Saying RB has ranged is just as stupid because of the melee buffs you need to apply to have good dps.

I don't mind variety but is has to make logical sense. This does not make sense.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 12-08-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

Finally some long due attention into warrior tank souls.

Looking forward to those changes in Reaver and lets see what happens with VK..

Rift Disciple

how about, just for starters...

give each tank a "voice" that gives taunts an added effect, different for each tank.
    these would apply to both single target and aoe taunts.

Reaver: Voice of Entropy. taunts increase enemy players GCD by 0.5 seconds and cast times by one third (a three second cast becomes a 4 second cast).

Void Knight: Voice of Abnegation. enemies effected by the taunt have a XX% chance for abilities to miss (dodged/resisted/whatever) for X seconds. (heals would be effected too)

Paladin: Voice of Retribution. whenever an effected enemy uses an ability they suffer X damage and deal Y damage to surrounding players.
    You want Vladd to remove an ability from each of the tanking souls and replace it with a pvp only ability? Sorry but this is just a silly idea, abilities have to have some use in PvE to be added to the soul tree like that.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    I understood it like Repster, although I'm not so sure any more...

I dont think removing that 20% reduction would make any sense, considering they specifically added one of those skills to every Tank soul, and removing a cooldown from a Tank soul wouldnt be a QoL change but rather a major nerf.

Some clarification on that would be nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    Umm you realize that Vladd intends to remove Power Shield from VKs. That means we would no longer have a 20% dmg reduction CD, and only have Fusion of the Flesh. That would be a bad thing and that's why I'd much rather lose Rift Sheld than Power Shield.

Yeah VK shields, aside from FoF are kinda useless. Frankly they really need to scale of endurance not AP.
    He was meaning Protective Shield I believe, we got the two names confused, Power Shield should most definitely not be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Why are you using RB on every fight? I think on the practice dummy you are spot on but in raids I believe the difference is much greater. It is more than 2k dps in raids. This is for single target. On some bosses it can have more than paragon. For instance, fights like Regulos with eyes and etc. Also, some bosses seem to be hit harder with RB than others. I know this sounds silly but on Ultane for example RB seems to always parse unusally high compared to other bosses. I am not sure why.

I am talking pure single target on a boss with no AOE. This needs a buff. My issue is how can we make the arguement that RB should have less single target damage because of AOE when we have...
    I run RB for two reasons

1: It really is only about 2-3k behind Paragon (me vs Jopok, me being undergeared) in a raid setting, single target. The difference is very little and in case I need to AOE it is a huge help.

2. I'm bad, Jopok talks like he is on crystal **** and is impossible to understand ( <3 Jopok ), I can't figure out how to Paragon for the life of me. So I stick with RB. It works just fine, I'm just a bit lower on the meters...not like it matters since we have Abominus on farm.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 12-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.

He was meaning Protective Shield I believe, we got the two names confused, Power Shield should most definitely not be removed.

I run RB for two reasons

1: It really is only about 2-3k behind Paragon (me vs Jopok, me being undergeared) in a raid setting, single target. The difference is very little and in case I need to AOE it is a huge help.

2. I'm bad, Jopok talks like he is on crystal **** and is impossible to understand ( <3 Jopok ), I can't figure out how to Paragon for the life of me. So I stick with RB. It works just fine, I'm just a bit lower on the meters...not like it matters since we have Abominus on farm.
    So what you're saying is that you get carried Rough .

@Sidvader, how many times do you have to be told that RB doesn't need to do the same thing as Shaman. Come off of it for ****s sake.

Ascendant

If it is indeed just a confusion about the name, tossing protective shield for gain 10 pacts would make perfect sense. Renaming it would also be a thing that would prevent future confusion as there would no longer be 2xskills call P.Shield.

Would also make power shield feel less bad if you can pop +10 pacts imidiatly after it. Defensive cool down costing packs has never felt right. With the bigger shields, and dps abilities, sure, but not so much power shield. At least with something that's instant pacts it's not to bad. Unstable reaction is a bit of a janky way to get around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroman View Post
    You want Vladd to remove an ability from each of the tanking souls and replace it with a pvp only ability? Sorry but this is just a silly idea, abilities have to have some use in PvE to be added to the soul tree like that.
    I want no such thing.
    taunts can stay exactly as they are, with an added effect just in pvp.
    this can be done, and in fact Daglar has in the past asked for ideas doing exactly that.

nor does this need to be limited to taunts.
    if you have any ideas that could be added to any tank ability, giving it additional purpose in pvp, I'm sure Vladd would be glad to hear it.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 12-08-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #87
    Rift Team

This is why I have the huge disclaimer at the bottom of the post about how anything can change at any moment and for whatever reason. In this case, it is because someone (cough RR cough) was saying to me how POWER shield was worthless and never got used.

Protective Shield might actually be a lot better too if its pact functionality was reversed. Instead of losing pacts per second and gaining shield/attack points, what if it granted pacts over 6 seconds as well as giving the shield/ap? That would allow a VK to have a lot more options on how to begin an encounter, and people wouldn't have to worry about Ambient Engorgement randomly picking up mobs they happen to pass by because of Surge in the open world. With this kind of functionality you will always have a small 15s absorption shield, max attack points and a healthy amount of pacts to either begin a fight with Discharge > Unstable, or just go straight into Unstable. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 12-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.

quoting myself with additional ideas...

the next 3 abilities used by taunted enemies effect the warrior instead of their original target.
    save an ally: taunt his attackers and receive the damage meant for the ally.
    out of range of your healers? taunt an enemy healer and receive his heals!
    extra lols: when a taunted enemy defiler casts unstable transformation on you!

quoting myself with additional ideas...

the next 3 abilities used by taunted enemies effect the warrior instead of their original target.
    save an ally: taunt his attackers and receive the damage meant for the ally.
    out of range of your healers? taunt an enemy healer and receive his heals!
    extra lols: when a taunted enemy defiler casts unstable transformation on you!
    yea that sounds better i just dont want anything that forces someone to attack the tank. there should also be a solid counter to taunts

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast