Closed Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    I know you like to think you're the best DPS in the game, but when you actually play a real DPS spec and perform to respectable standards then come talk to me.

Chances are , RR, that you tanked every fight minus Proteus because your better off there due to a lack of real DPS rather than because Warriors are in line with where they need to be.
    Edit: Nevermind, you aren't worth my time, just make sure to keep being so naive so I can keep having someone to laugh at.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 01-04-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hi everyone.

I've been promising to do a State of the Warrior type post for a few weeks now so here are some changes that Iím considering:
    <snip,snip,snip!>
    [*]Beastmaster: There are a host of QoL issues when it comes to this soul that are on the list to be addressed such as target switching, reliance upon bleeds, ability management, and access to only one pet while all other pet classes have three options.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
    Of that list, the pet options is probably the only one that won't happen since that requires a ton of art time to model and animate. That doesn't mean that I won't champion for it though!

What does being under the Eye of Vladd mean? This means that Iím keeping a watchful eye on them or that they are on my to do list.

And now the standard disclaimer partÖ

Just because Iíve mentioned something here or anywhere on the forums doesnít mean that it is set in stone and will come to pass. Testing on PTS, issues found during implementation, or aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made or in some cases unmade. Also, just because I donít have a bullet point for every single soul doesnít mean that Iím not working on them either.
    Just a thought, there are plenty of beasties in Telara that could qualify as a pet. A little tweak here and there... Maybe put it up for a contest? What would be the top three candidates for a BM pet?
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

guys lets focus on our class in this thread and leave the epeen to the other 1000 threads we go at it.

things that are wrong with the class right now

3 tank souls that in are below par to cleric and rogues tanks souls since they get pretty much the best of our gifts from all 3 put into one. dps is the only unique thing we bring.

pvp: OP burst in temp and para, very boring and dumbed downed specs. little to no viable hybrids. energy issues in any wl build or with 61 temp. no good 1 v 1 builds and uselessness of tanks. synergy between specs especially low point investments is atrocious. easily countered and very little to counter other classes outside of burst

dps builds. to heavily dependent around burst which makes them OP in pvp. need to be balanced out to have slightly less burst and slightly more sustained and most importantly utility added. RB is a lost puppy, needs major work for both pvp and pve considering its behind tempest in dps and behind other classes similar souls and even range souls. WL, BM and reaver need energy fixes.

lack of an range aoe soul

lack of a control soul

lack of a st healing soul
    Last edited by dday; 01-04-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    we have good raid dps that's about it. I've never disliked my class this much ever. every decent pvp build (outside lol tempest) is either starved or outclassed by everyone else. it's a disgrace

I think it's unfair to blame just rr but our community leaders who talk to the devs need to step up
    I feel like ive heard this once ... or twice... or seventeen times before during other phases of the game

lets not get carried away.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

energy issues?

stop spamming macros in pvp

problem solved

I feel like ive said this before.......
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

oh great bishop is back. like it wasnt bad enough.

great suggestion with not attacking to play correctly im glad you havent changed .

can a new game come out for the love of god

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    As opposed to one 61 point build for Clerics and Rogues? I used to have respect for you, go away now please and stop misinforming people with your lies and filth.
    I also agree with Kill on this and this is how you respond. What a joke you are! How the devs take feedback from such an immature individual is an absolute insult to everyone who plays this game. Your elitist attitude and disrespectful manner is actually the filth on this forum.

You should perhaps find a life, maybe read a book on how to react to people trying to discuss issues with our class instead of throwing out one liners to everyone like a little 10 year old whiny girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    You should perhaps find a life, maybe read a book on how to react to people trying to discuss issues with our class instead of throwing out one liners to everyone like a little 10 year old whiny girl.
    And maybe you should perhaps do a bit of research regarding previous threads and posts? I'm usually constructive in what I say. I give loads of feedback regarding multiple roles and classes. No matter what though, there's always the salty few who try to make it personal with me, and that doesn't fly.

So what did I mean by "do a bit of research"? Well, there were previously five, yes five threads made QQing about Liberator and people pointing fingers at me that I was the cause of its failure even though only a select few have played it and no one knows how it will even turn out yet...despite the fact that it's still in pre-alpha...all of these threads were closed by being against the ToS due to the fact they were discussing forum moderation and making new topics about closed threads.

After these five individual threads about the same thing were closed, a certain few people decided to take it here.. So once they take it here, what do you want me to do? I'm not going to ignore personal attacks, that **** doesn't fly with me. So as I said once more, do a bit of research before flat out insulting me on something you probably had no knowledge of prior so you don't get added to my **** list of people who have personal vendettas against me, I know exactly how to act, and I base my reactions upon how I'm treated.

Treat me like garbage, I treat you like garbage.
    Show some respect, I show respect.

See how it goes?

Prophet of Telara

dps builds. to heavily dependent around burst which makes them OP in pvp. need to be balanced out to have slightly less burst and slightly more sustained and most importantly utility added. RB is a lost puppy, needs major work for both pvp and pve considering its behind tempest in dps and behind other classes similar souls and even range souls. WL, BM and reaver need energy fixes.
    Couldn't disagree with this more. We have 2 burst specs and 5-6 sustained specs. Our burst specs are 1 min burst specs that are almost exactly in line(if not less than) with the burst from TT, PM, RoTN, EE. Please don't turn our only 2 burst specs into sustained specs, we already have enough of those.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    Couldn't disagree with this more. We have 2 burst specs and 5-6 sustained specs. Our burst specs are 1 min burst specs that are almost exactly in line(if not less than) with the burst from TT, PM, RoTN, EE. Please don't turn our only 2 burst specs into sustained specs, we already have enough of those.
    they dont need to be turned into sustained specs they need to be toned down and no they are not on par with any burst even in pve. they are over tuned that's why you see such swings in parses because of how reliant we are on critting during those burst phases. im not saying remove the burst, burst is key. something as simple as lowering combat focus to 20% extra damage and reducing the cd to 15 secs would balance out the soul. through in some utility and maybe a slight bump to death touch, less reduction of TTB and the spec plays almost the same and still has great burst and more well rounded.

for temp lower arc to 75%, increases double pulse, make WL have abilities cost 0 energy, remove stealth and give us a purge and snare. remove faint death and add run speed.
    Last edited by dday; 01-05-2014 at 05:30 AM.

3 tank souls that in are below par to cleric and rogues tanks souls since they get pretty much the best of our gifts from all 3 put into one. dps is the only unique thing we bring.
    Paladin: st heals, aoe stun, Life Rapture and Reverent Protection(if it wouldn`t be crap and finally buffed or changed)

VK: st+aoe purge+dispell, st+aoe silence, summons, can shield other people(Rift Shield)

Reaver after the upcoming patch: best aggro management in the game probably, st armor debuff

Guess this is more than dps.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 01-05-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Paladin: st heals, aoe stun, Life Rapture and Reverent Protection(if it wouldn`t be crap and finally buffed or changed)

VK: st+aoe purge+dispell, st+aoe silence, summons, can shield other people(Rift Shield)

Reaver after the upcoming patch: best aggro management in the game probably, st armor debuff

Guess this is more than dps.
    meh 3 tank souls is too much if u ask me. would much rather have two condensed ones that did it all like other classes and with one specializing in healing and one in shielding both with good mit vs physical and magical and one with really good st threat and one with really good aoe threat.

3 souls is an overkill and they get watered down because of it. especially for pvp where the low level abilities are key. i mean rs alone has similar shielding to vk(passively), pallys 41 point cd, break free, ports and added damage all in sub 32 points. plus the 50 meter port which is awesome for defending points.

Prophet of Telara

no they are not on par with any burst even in pve.
    Yes they are. Paragon dps relies more heavily on its burst cooldown than Shaman, but less than Harb or NB, and about the same as Sin. Sins and Paragons burst to very similar levels during their big cooldowns, and subsequently fall back down to very similar levels afterwards; don't believe me? Go to the golem foundry and parse out a Paragon and Sin over 10-15 minutes and look at the dps graphs in ACT afterwards. A NB graph will be even more spikey, as they burst even harder.

they are over tuned that's why you see such swings in parses because of how reliant we are on critting during those burst phases. im not saying remove the burst, burst is key.
    The wild swings don't come as a result of the burst being over tuned, they come as a result of so much of that burst being tied to one hit - and to a lesser degree the following 3 rh hits. Compare that to Sin or NB, who burst to similar levels, yet spread that burst out over more individual attacks(over the same time frame) and it's easy to see why Paragon is more vulnerable to RNG. Any time you have so much of your dps dependent on 1 hit, you're going to be heavily subject to rng. The sample size per minute is just far too small.

something as simple as lowering combat focus to 20% extra damage and reducing the cd to 15 secs would balance out the soul.
    Something like that may work. Instead of reducing the cooldown, they could reduce the damage and make it autocrit the next attack. That would go even further to reducing Paragon's vulnerability to rng. With +20% and autocrit, you wouldn't even need to increase DT or reduce the penalty of TTB. Paragon would lose ~400 dps on it's high end parses, but gain it back on its low end parses.

for temp lower arc to 75%, increases double pulse, make WL have abilities cost 0 energy, remove stealth and give us a purge and snare. remove faint death and add run speed.
    I disagree with Temp gaining more utility. I think you underestimate the utility it has.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Reaver after the upcoming patch: best aggro management in the game probably, st armor debuff.
    I Highly doubt that, The "specialty testers" will make sure that its as watered down so that it maintains the warrior handicap. Just like all the other ability's, Less health, Less mitigation and less survival cool downs. I believe they call that balance

Quote Originally Posted by Grimburn View Post
    I Highly doubt that, The "specialty testers" will make sure that its as watered down so that it maintains the warrior handicap. Just like all the other ability's, Less health, Less mitigation and less survival cool downs. I believe they call that balance
    Reaver changes aren't sweeping Warrior tank changes. The other ones will come with time. Gotta break things into pieces and do em one by one...you can't just simultaneously do everything.

And regarding "specialty testers", Reaver changes have been up on the PTS for about two or three weeks now, have many times have you bothered to test it and send in your feedback? If your answer is zero, then you have no need to post anything in this thread regarding the people who actually do take the time and send in feedback.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 01-05-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast