Closed Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Ignore my previous post...after speaking with Vladd everything I said was wrong :-P

Plane Walker

The change to GTAE, for corruptions...im assuming that this is meant to give warrior tanks the ability to pickup adds from range? Would you consider extending that out to 30m? Also can you please change Shadow of Dread's range to 0-20m. It would be a QoL change for reavers since the range is currrently set at 3-20m, which means we have to backup in order to use the ability when tanking.

Plane Walker

I would also like to please request one non GTAE finisher. Having all reaver AE finishers be GTAE is going to get old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    [*]Corrupted areas grant debuffs to the mobs/players that enter it. These last for 20 seconds base and duration is augmented by Vile Affinity.
    When u say mobs and players u are talking about pvp right? I know a lot of player who run into my Corrupted areas to attack mobs in pve.

Vhar for one of the new BM pets. *sagenod*

Champion of Telara

We had a discussion at lunch a few weeks ago where we threw around some ideas about how to get tanks relevant in PVP. Some stuck, some fell flat. However, none of them were what could be considered elegant solutions where we were positive that we would get the desired results. So, the thoughts are still there... mulling around.
    Tanks -> An ability that reduces damage and increases damage mitigation like dodge and resists for all players behind the warrior. Yes, there was something simliar in a game called warhammer. Forgot the ability name. The warrior (chosen) would get extremely high defense and essentially be in front of his team. All the friendly players in the back would get a boost to defense and the warrior would be very hard to kill. He could not attack or do other things as this was a cast. This would work in CQ.

It worked because it created a front line in large scale pvp. The tanks were near unkillable and offered a huge buff to other players. The cast had a limited about of time based on running out of energy. Another idea is a taunt that forces and enemy player to lock on you and only attack you during a short period of time. The last thing I can think of is a tank specific detaunt. The tank would be able to reduce the damage of an opposing player. Like a heal debuff but for damage. All would have cooldowns and be situational.

Finally, Mages have dominator. If you retool some void knight skills or add addtional effects to ones currentlly in place to drain mana/energy it would be a great help. Make void knight a melee dominator. Also, if you go this route adding healh regen to gaining pacts would be great.

Warlord -> Warlord burst is fine in pvp. In fact, againist competent healers the burst is actually low. No, I am not eating paint. It is nothing near tempest, paragon, or pyro. The issue is it does run out of energy but this is not as much an issue in pvp as it is in pve. If that makes sense. You run out of energy in pvp but the fights are not as long. It would be nice for warlord to have less issues with energy.

Beastmaster -> It has a host of problems. First, it needs more unique buffs that are not shared with other souls like archon. Enrage is unique but 48 points into the soul. The biggest drawback to the soul is the melee requirement in conjuction with the bleeds and dots. It is horrible for target switching, has no AOE, and less damage than a pyro/chon but must be in melee. The heals from BM are pathetic. I have an unusal suggestion for BM. It would be good if we could mix BM with tempest or paragon and have it work effectively. In this vain I would suggest buffs or traits that might add the effect of a bleed to other abilites. An example is the ability that makes a dot when you crit. If we could mix BM with tempest it would open up a whole world of possibilities.

Riftblade -> RB needs to be brought back to its pre-nerf state. The surviavilty would be fine for pvp if it was a melee/ranged hybrid with burst damage. For pve, the single target and AOE is pathetic and uncalled for. RB needs a buff to single target and AOE.

The problem are souls like Shaman. RB is the most like the shaman soul with its ability to do single taget and AOE but is thousands behind and this is not good design, logical, or even reasonable. RB needs a dps boost (for both pve and pvp) to single target and AOE damage. This boost should apply to both but be greater for AOE because it would be a mistake to make the single target more than paragon. You could say the trade-off would be the fact RB has some ranged but it currently has horrible range so this does not work. You guys need to fix outlier souls like Shaman btw. Either give it single target and nerf to the AOE to make it on par with paragon or vice versa but you cannot leave it. It just does not work.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 12-06-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Hi Vladd, some points cause you got some of the **** wrong.

1. GTAE's are bad for PvE and ranged tanking, at least leave some of them as PBAE that permeate out 30M and snap threat. If you're intent on making them GTAE they damn well better be a 30m range on top of that 20m bubble....just saying.

2. Power Shield is an awesome CD so don't change it. And I have to ask, why give high VK a way to generate all it's pacts back when it has no issues with pact generation to begin with. The change to Engorgement is solid.

3. Stop being so intent on making us go 61 into all of our tank souls. We should have raid viable hybrids that don't require us to be overgeared or are overly taxing on the healers. Some might say 38/38 is viable but it's not, seeing as there isn't a soley magical encounter i the game, and 41/35 requires some crazy overgearing.

4. Before you start throwing out changes for BM you need to understand that it needs a COMPLETE overhaul. Might be a good idea to take a play from the Kervick playbook and make a post asking for suggestions lest you **** it all up...just sayin.

5. RB has a niche and it's called cleaving with decent ST. It needs more QoL changes than anything and Burst Synergy was a stupid change that Ailion did on the way out.

6. WL needs energy retention yes. It already hybrids well with everything and it's ST is where it should be.

7. Tempest needs some energy retention put onto Wavelength. It was stupid that Ailion rebalanced it around the 1.5 but what do I know. At least let the damn soul use it's optimal rotation without running out of energy during it's CD block.

8. Turn the Blade needs to move to 0pt Paragon. WTF was the point of Ailion doing that change to give us options when it's gated eight points into a soul that may or may not determine if what you can conjure up is optimal. To hell with "would require a soul reset" and just do it already.

9. Ailion was on the right track, hope you don't jack it all up. Welcome to the Warrior forums my friend.

Champion of Telara

Also, we do not need three tank souls. Make Reaver a ranged AOE DOT soul. Again, open up a host of options.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Riftblade -> RB needs to be brought back to its pre-nerf state. The surviavilty would be fine for pvp if it was a melee/ranged hybrid with burst damage. For pve, the single target and AOE is pathetic and uncalled for. RB needs a buff to single target and AOE.
    RB is actually only about 2k sustained DPS lower than Paragon with much, much higher AOE capability. It needs a bit of buff imo, maybe a Burst Synergy change, but honestly it's not extremely far behind. I play RB on every fight where I DPS and it's perfectly fine, Abominus included.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    RB is actually only about 2k sustained DPS lower than Paragon with much, much higher AOE capability. It needs a bit of buff imo, maybe a Burst Synergy change, but honestly it's not extremely far behind. I play RB on every fight where I DPS and it's perfectly fine, Abominus included.
    In his mind he thinks RB should be doing the ST and AoE of Shaman while failing to understand we have melee options that Cleric doesn't. Don't bother with him RR. I agree with you that it needs some QoL more than a boost. Synergy is dumb and it's pretty snore just spamming searing in the 1s GCD over and over and over ....and over. If it takes a boost it should be on Rift Implosion since it's definitely not a clear increase over just spamming Searing anymore. Tack on some damage to the front end and for gods sake fix the crystal. It's a pita to track that damn thing now since it's got the same name as the crystal buff from Searing and get's refreshed all the time.

Plane Walker

Of that list, the pet options is probably the only one that won't happen since that requires a ton of art time to model and animate. That doesn't mean that I won't champion for it though!
    You know, I'm pretty sure that they do have the technology to do a palette shift and call it a different animal. And we've all seen the spindrels to prove it.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure that they do have the technology to do a palette shift and call it a different animal. And we've all seen the spindrels to prove it.
    Who cares about the pet when BM has many many more important issues

Default As a exclusively PVP oriented player...

First of all, I do not have a single tank soul in any of my PvP souls. That speaks volumes as to how much of a drag they really are in PvP. You could go tank in PvP but you might well as be a traffic cone at best in PvP - to get ignored and go around you. It's not unusual for tanks in a warfront to get tagged with the "Laughing Face" symbol by the other team so they know who to totally ignore.

Void Knight needs to have their mana drains returned. While it wasn't much of a damage dealer, it's surviviability and ability to drain mana over time made it a huge pest for casters. It's a much needed hard counter for those overpowered clerics. MUCH NEEDED. At this point, healing is far too strong in PvP especially if there's more than one of them on the same team and I've seen a single cleric last literally minutes on end with four DPS on him. And they do not have the same resource (mana) problems as warriors do (notably Warlord's power starvation issues) unless you're fortunate enough to have a dominator on hand to deal with that. You should consider resurrecting Lingering Wounds for Paragon, Champion and Warlord.

I have to disagree with a previous poster's comment on Warlord burst being good..I'd rate it significantly inferior to a Paragon's. The spec simply isn't good enough to take down a competent healer (a paragon can *barely* do it) and power starvation is just icing in the cake for the Warlord spec. For this reason, it's really only useful as a secondary soul at best in PvP in my opinion. I've played Warlord enough to state without hesitation that power starvation is a enormous problem for a Warlord..even in PvP.

Beastmaster. I haven't heard about this class in a long time. I'd be very shocked to actually see a Beastmaster in PvP (LOL) As PvP goes, I'd call it one sad class.

Riftblade is definitely substandard in PvP. Even Tempest is superior to it in terms of DPS. It's not really of much use as a primary soul in PvP anymore. Secondary or tertiary at best if at all.

You also need to address the melee versus range disparity that plagues Rift PVP..it's devolved into a "World of Range" pvp game now due to poor surviviability for warriors if they go melee DPS. And don't mention taking tank souls as that'll just get you that Laughing Face icon over your head by the other team.

Can you take a look at tempest burst in PVP? at the moment it is almost unhealable. I would love to see their sustain get overhauled in exchange for it though.

get to the burst with arc > charged pulse dual pulse double pulse, reset CDs, arc again, spam previous abilities.
    Last edited by Orangu; 12-06-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Also, we do not need three tank souls. Make Reaver a ranged AOE DOT soul. Again, open up a host of options.
    Totally disagree. We have more than enough DPS souls already. Reaver just needs a bit of attention to give it a niche in tanking, and the changes to corruptions will do that in terms of ranged tanking and picking up adds.

Killian is right though, in that all the finishers should not be GTAE. It's an extremely clunky and cumbersome thing to have to do in PVE.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast