Closed Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Sounded like you meant incoming to me, my bad :-P
    haha yea that wouldnt be OP at all, sid will probably suggest it soon

I would have said the facepalm is strong but then I realized who you're talking to.

Telaran

reaver gtae hmm cant see point in that -- tank pulls tank fights mobs keeps mobs on him ? why have gtae finishers? cast it mobs come at tank whats the point -- lost effect just thrown to the wind-- mob movement effects lost if used at range thats assuming you have the points up to use -- make the effects center on tank and with a shorter pulse , -- trouble with ranged finishers that are gtae -- dam hard to control if you have movement plus fact the dps is part of the tanks aggro thing .
    worst issue for the reaver is power -- or rather total lack of it -- you think warlords rough on power -- he has it easy to compare with reaver tempest is loaded with spair power by comparison -- actually compared with blue bar casters any melle class is really at a disadvantage as we havnt half the tools to keep power regen up or regen it the same way naturally.
    given tanks have a bloody awefull time getting close enough to do anything in pvp would be soo nice if they had insta full or 2/3 manna drains to use (actually 2/3 would put casts on same par as melle after 3 hits and a finisher)-- ok i hear you all cry not fair on poor old casters as wfs will be full of tanks -- sorry that will not happen -- thing is casters have the tools and do use em to make tanks poo in pvp anyway -- so hell give the tank something to make em worthy , and on that note reducing the buffs on vk -- ok in pve but well pvp hes very debuffed before he even gets close enough to go boo -- so perhaps not the best idea

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    I would have said the facepalm is strong but then I realized who you're talking to.
    you're cute but you're not my type

Prophet of Telara

Great post

Edit: I mean that genuinely btw. Rereading my post I realize it sounded sarcastic.
    Last edited by Poochymama; 12-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Quote Originally Posted by pennyred View Post
    reaver gtae hmm cant see point in that -- tank pulls tank fights mobs keeps mobs on him ? why have gtae finishers? cast it mobs come at tank whats the point -- lost effect just thrown to the wind-- mob movement effects lost if used at range thats assuming you have the points up to use -- make the effects center on tank and with a shorter pulse , -- trouble with ranged finishers that are gtae -- dam hard to control if you have movement plus fact the dps is part of the tanks aggro thing .
    worst issue for the reaver is power -- or rather total lack of it -- you think warlords rough on power -- he has it easy to compare with reaver tempest is loaded with spair power by comparison -- actually compared with blue bar casters any melle class is really at a disadvantage as we havnt half the tools to keep power regen up or regen it the same way naturally.
    given tanks have a bloody awefull time getting close enough to do anything in pvp would be soo nice if they had insta full or 2/3 manna drains to use (actually 2/3 would put casts on same par as melle after 3 hits and a finisher)-- ok i hear you all cry not fair on poor old casters as wfs will be full of tanks -- sorry that will not happen -- thing is casters have the tools and do use em to make tanks poo in pvp anyway -- so hell give the tank something to make em worthy , and on that note reducing the buffs on vk -- ok in pve but well pvp hes very debuffed before he even gets close enough to go boo -- so perhaps not the best idea
    Gtaoe pros for Reaver
    1)CQ
    2)Those mobs that spawned over there while I am tanking and can't move.
    3) Leaves Dot on targets. The 5th dot. Reaver doesn't have a fifth dot atm.
    4) Creeping Corr the healer at the back without having to go out of my own healer's reach
    5) Applies aggro instantly. No more w8ing for Reavers to build aggro.
    6) Dots gets boosted by souls in Reaver.
    7) If you Corrupt and move, your finisher didn't go to waste
    8) Moving 5m to the side no longer prevents 90% of a finisher's dmg in pvp
    9) Can also be cast on your feet like they do now.
    10) Reaver/Temp could actually be our only ranged aoe spec (don't expext it to even go near champ though)
    11) Para/Reaver can now shift a 5dot infestation. (Don't expect this to hit as hard as...anything tbh)
    12) If dmg is an issue, Reaver now gets 1 less global he had used to apply his 5th dot since Corrs are OGCD
    13) No more waiting with 3 AP ready till you reach the "perfect spot" to drop a corruption.

Rift Disciple

Default what about riftblade?

don't see anyone talking about it

I personally love the burst in Warlord, and I don't want it to give way to some lame cool down mechanic.. I don't like cool downs. I don't like alacricity, but I use it because I need to. I like the way Warlord is right now, a lot, and I don't want it to change. Riftblade needs a change, it just feels clunky and inefficent. Rift Implosion specifically feels terrible to use. Beastmaster is a bloody mess. Tanking changes look okay.

Edit: I do like where Riftblade is DPS wise, though. It's not great at either (aoe or st), but it's a good in between.
    It's just annoying to use for ST. Rift Implosion just feels like it's an interruption more than an ability.
    Last edited by Rusken; 12-18-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    I used to be good at this game.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #219
    Rift Team

Figured I'd give you guys an update on where things are currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Paladin: Adding a 1% increase to healing received on Protector’s Fury. Max. stack count remains at 5.

Protector's Fury is now a buff that increases life damage by 25%, reduces damage taken by 5%, and increases healing taken by 5%.

Reaver: A fundamental change to corruptions.
      • Change from PBAoE to GTAoE with a cast range of 20m with a 7-10m affect radius. Range is augmented by Binding of Shadow.
      • Corrupted areas grant debuffs to the mobs/players that enter it. These last for 20 seconds base and duration is augmented by Vile Affinity.
      • Corruption debuffs cause threat instantly when applied and have a DoT component. Threat is augmented by Sinister Intent.
      • Corruption debuffs would share a global stack count per caster and be limited to 1-2 max.
      • Cooldown would stay at 30 seconds for now. Can be altered based on playtesting.
      • Corruptions remain finishers with their damage augmented by attack points spent during casting.
    Update:
    • Dire Corruption, Stumbling Corruption, & Decaying Corruption changed into GTAoE with 20m cast range. Their AoE range remains unchanged.
    • Creeping Corruption is now single target instead of self-targeted with a 20m cast range. Other effects remain unchanged.
    • Corruptions now deal damage instantly. Previously, they had a 3 second delay before the first DoT tick happened. Their damage has not be reduced so this is a slight dps increase.
    • Binding of Shadow and Binding of Devouring Darkness have been updated to increase the cast range of all corruptions.
    On Hold: With the change that corruptions do instant damage now, I’d like to see how that pans out before proceeding with the proposed debuff change.

• Void Knight: Several QoL changes…
      • Accord of the Rift grants the effects of the other Accords similar to Dominating Bearing in Champion.
      • Unstable Void grants the effect of Void. With the above change, this reduces the amount of buffs cast from a VK soul from 6 to 2.
      • Ambient Engorgement provides pacts all the time and not just while in combat. Note: This effect might be moved to another ability higher in the VK tree based on playtesting.
      • Protective Shield repurposed into a high cooldown ability that grants max pacts.
    Update:
    • Accord of the Rift grants the effects of the other Accords.
    • Unstable Void grants the effect of Void.
    • Ambient Engorgement provides pacts all the time. Surge is only triggered when in combat.
    On Hold: I'd like to see how the Ambient Engorgement change plays out before making any changes to Protective Shield to provide max pacts.

Plane Walker

snip
    So anything more PVP specific for the tank souls or for any of the other souls in general?

Still looking like QoL changes rather than PVP / utility / hybridization changes.
    Last edited by Ranik; 12-18-2013 at 04:28 PM.

General of Telara

On Hold: I'd like to see how the Ambient Engorgement change plays out before making any changes to Protective Shield to provide max pacts.
    Don't think it would be needed at all. The frustrations came from having to ask people for heals before pull, and the change should sort that nicely.

Any thoughts on buffing vk's purge ad cleanse a wee bit? Purge removing just 1 buff with 10 sec cd in particular, 2 buffs to make it equal to inquisitor's and as it looks future MM's purge would make sense, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    Don't think it would be needed at all. The frustrations came from having to ask people for heals before pull, and the change should sort that nicely.

Any thoughts on buffing vk's purge ad cleanse a wee bit? Purge removing just 1 buff with 10 sec cd in particular, 2 buffs to make it equal to inquisitor's and as it looks future MM's purge would make sense, no?
    The cleanse needs some serious help. I'm not sure why it does not behave the same way the other cleanses in the game do, but it seems like "cast @group01" etc. in a macro do not work unless it targets you for the cleanse.

Update:
    • Dire Corruption, Stumbling Corruption, & Decaying Corruption changed into GTAoE with 20m cast range. Their AoE range remains unchanged.
    • Creeping Corruption is now single target instead of self-targeted with a 20m cast range. Other effects remain unchanged.
    • Corruptions now deal damage instantly. Previously, they had a 3 second delay before the first DoT tick happened. Their damage has not be reduced so this is a slight dps increase.
    • Binding of Shadow and Binding of Devouring Darkness have been updated to increase the cast range of all corruptions.
    On Hold: [I][COLOR=red][FONT=&quot]With the change that corruptions do instant damage now, I’d like to see how that pans out before proceeding with the proposed debuff change.
    There are 3 Reavers atm that I know of: Khronos, me, and a dude that I run onto once in a WF bout a week ago. All three of us go that deep in RV to AoE debuff healing in CQ and Port scion. In the later case only if there is heavy bridge zerging going on.
    I am not that good.
    The other dude was worse than me, so unless he got a lot better....
    Khronos is to blame for Reaver PvP Nerf!

Seriouly now.
    I guess you could say that reaver can't be buffed in pvp as long as he has a 15% aoe heal debuff. But the amount of buffs required for 61 Reaver to be an average pvp spec is now in the "far too many" area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortadelas View Post
    There are 3 Reavers atm that I know of: Khronos, me, and a dude that I run onto once in a WF bout a week ago. All three of us go that deep in RV to AoE debuff healing in CQ and Port scion. In the later case only if there is heavy bridge zerging going on.
    I am not that good.

Seriouly now.
    I guess you could say that reaver can't be buffed in pvp as long as he has a 15% aoe heal debuff. But the amount of buffs required for 61 Reaver to be an average pvp spec is now in the "far too many" area.
    at least reaver has a purpose in cq. it fills that roll well and will be even better with these changes. the rest of reaver though is worthless. only reason its good is heal debuff for cq and GW

Quote Originally Posted by Mortadelas View Post
    I am not that good.

Seriouly now.
    I only go deep enough to get infestation's cooldown down to 15 secs. no heal debuff. no corruptions at all - they have zero value in pvp. damage is too low, and too easily avoided (just take a few steps to the left), ticks too far apart to hinder objective caps/pickups...

if the heal debuff was at 25 points, or even 35 points, it might be worth it. maybe. if the situation permits.
    because you'd still need to go deep, where the enemy healers are, and therefore out of your own healers range.

the current state of rift pvp is not melee friendly, and even tanks feel the fury of tab targeting ranged dps. when it comes to a tank souls ability to take a beating in pvp, reaver performs the worst out of all of our tank souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast