+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92
Like Tree8Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tempest crystal STR bonus, change it, please Trion.

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Just make it the same as oscillation. Triggered from CP and torrents. Done.

  2. #17
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    638

    Default

    About the wording of it... "Triggering Dual Pulse increases Strength..." Does that mean its procs when CP has been casted, rather than when DP is?

    Warrior noob here. It's my newest Level 60, haha.

  3. #18
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    globalizing it to proc off of tempest abilities would be the best way seeing how the spec rotates over so many different abilities and hardly has a consistant spam in it now.
    Heck Shock Pulse isn't even used, Skyfall once a rota, Delayed Pulse every 30, Charged every cd etc.

    On the other hand going by the hybrid trends recently I'd have to agree with charged and torrents, that's what any spec involving temp uses anyway.
    (Apart from 2-5 point offsouls in other spam specs which wouldn't use this crystal anyway)
    Last edited by Godgrinder; 11-25-2013 at 05:06 AM.

  4. #19
    Prophet of Telara Havors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    About the wording of it... "Triggering Dual Pulse increases Strength..." Does that mean its procs when CP has been casted, rather than when DP is?

    Warrior noob here. It's my newest Level 60, haha.
    You're confusing Dual Pulse and Double Pulse.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

  5. #20
    Champion Beanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Vladd, acknowledge you have read this thread, please.

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    yes - i agree with the OP.

    just make it tempest attack point generating ability like the warlord crystal.

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    Vladd, acknowledge you have read this thread, please.
    Acknowledged.

    I read the forums quite a bit. There isn't much that is said on here or the rogue forum that I don't see.

  8. #23
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    I read the forums quite a bit. There isn't much that is said on here or the rogue forum that I don't see.
    He's watching me...he knows my every move, word.../shudder

  9. #24
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Just make it proc off Tempest Finisher

  10. #25
    Champion Beanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Just make it the same as oscillation. Triggered from CP and torrents. Done.
    This or direct damage Tempest finishers. (SF, OB, EC)
    Last edited by Beanster; 12-13-2013 at 02:02 AM.

  11. #26
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    Hey,

    No other warrior DPS soul need a 51 points invested in the tree to trigger the first bonus of their synergy crystals.
    Come on Aillion, please make it fixed in the next hotfix. Anything other than 51 point skill to trigger the strength buff, please.
    I don't understand this request.

    You're basically saying "My lower point tempest hybrid can't trigger this crystal and I would like it to because the alternative is using a the synergy crystal of the other soul I'm creating this hybrid with(Paragon or Warlord, essentially) and that is not preferable because _____________________" I can only assume ______ amounts to "120 strength is so good, and would out preform the *other* crystal's 2-pc bonus".

    So, long story short, you're asking for a dps increase under the guise of a QoL change.

    Two issues with this: One, warriors are already in an extremely good place with many specs that excel at a variety of things when it comes to DPS; more damage is simply not warranted. Two, there is an extremely fine balance, atm, between the warrior's 61point souls and hybrid souls; 54/22para/champ, wl/para and wl/tempest hybrids are all very competitive with either some utility trade off, different disconnect mechanisms, different scaling weights, or ease of use. They're all extremely close to 61Para. The fact that such an awesome balance has finally been achieved for hybrids is reason enough to simply not touch anything, unless it's completely unrelated to hybrids(for instance, 61WL could use some love, but changes should be directed HIGH TIER).

    Please feel free to correct me if I'm misguided in my attempt to understand your request.

  12. #27
    Champion Beanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Please feel free to correct me if I'm misguided in my attempt to understand your request.
    Tempest crystal strength bonus requires 51 points used in tempest soul. No other warrior DPS soul synergy crystal strength buff trigger requires that much invested in a tree and other non-tempest hybrids can use the best crystal and get strength bonus uptime 100% with minimal invest in a tree.

    What part of the above you didn't comprehend?

  13. #28
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    I can only assume ______ amounts to "120 strength is so good, and would out preform the *other* crystal's 2-pc bonus".

    So, long story short, you're asking for a dps increase under the guise of a QoL change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    other non-tempest hybrids can use the best crystal
    Happy to see my initial assumption was correct.

    Feel free to attack my argument with something other than a copy/paste of the original post, ty.

  14. #29
    Prophet of Telara Seranov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Happy to see my initial assumption was correct.

    Feel free to attack my argument with something other than a copy/paste of the original post, ty.
    Your argument is flawed because every single other hybrid can do the same thing. There is no reason Tempest hybrids shouldn't be able to, as well.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

  15. #30
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Your argument is flawed because every single other hybrid can do the same thing. There is no reason Tempest hybrids shouldn't be able to, as well.
    My argument went right over your head.

    Bottom line is he's asking to use the better of the two crystals with his lower point tempest hybrid. By doing so he's asking for more damage, damage that isn't warranted. Warrior is already extremely versatile with a number of highly preforming specs, almost to the point that some need to be brought down in line as-is.

    Again, there's no basis in asking for another damage increase, no matter how you spin it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts