+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Paralord Sustained PVE DPS, easy mode

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Paralord Sustained PVE DPS, easy mode

    Hi all. We've been testing hybrids in my guild recently, trying to find some stuff that will work effectively and give us some solid utility at the same time and this spec has come to light.
    main credit for this goes to Aroo, for doing the main leg work, though we've had several of us test it rather extensively and look at variations.

    posting it here to see what you all think of it before I even think of tossing it up in the guides section.

    First off the spec
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...w/38hiwllmGy/V

    buffs -
    Turn the blade
    Deadly Posture
    Way of the River
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Focus of body (if not in a raid)


    rotation - very simple.. Start with 3 AP. use Battle Surge on your way in
    setting moon, RW, RH
    Piercing Thrust, RW, SB
    Tranq, RW, RH
    KotH, RW, RH
    PT, RW, RH
    DT, RW,RH
    PT, RW, RH
    SM, RW, SB (depending on lag the last pt/sm block could swap)

    refresh battle surge when its about to run out, keep SB firing on CD.

    that rotation almost looks tough up above, until you realize its a SB macro, a spam macro, and a SM just for on inc (u can separate stuff if you want but its really not much of a difference)

    macros
    Setting moon (only use this on inc - SM refreshes itself every 15s in the normal spam macro unless u disconnect often/lag bad)

    #show Setting Moon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    Cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

    spam macro
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Death Touch
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

    shifting blades macro
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Tranquility
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest


    other buttons for your bar. Flurry, Grasping the Horizon, Forced March, Thread the Trees, Neck Punch (interrupt), Brothers in Arms, Sergeant's Order, Battle Surge, Eye of the Storm, Predictable Movements

    The utility on the spec is nice, having a sprint, solid disconnects (same as 61 paragon), Brothers in Arms which can help a lot, and you have about 2.5-3k more hp then 61 dps specs and higher resists which can be handy for progression. You have a pull that wont taunt, so you can help reposition adds for your tanks. Only thing I wish it had was an absorb shield, but you can get that from paragon if u want to give up some strength.

    Can drop the interrupt and sprint for more dps too but I find those too valuable.


    For how it parses -- its pretty similar to 61 paragon/13 champ/2 tempest for me. Ill let you guys be the judges because I KNOW how it parses for me, but I would like to see some other peoples opinions on it. Its a little bit lower but very close, just doesn't have the burst cooldowns (combat focus/alacrity) but the sustained is there.. and its super easy mode rotation should likely appeal to a lot of people.

    anyhow. looking forward to getting some other people's thoughts on it, but just for practical raid dps for example - I was pulling 21k thru the end of breaker in IG (even after all the disconnects and downtime), and the same dps on twins as well, which is pretty competitive with all the 61 paragons Ive seen at my gear level anyhow. While providing brothers in arms to help keep key healers alive thru their own derpiness :P

    I have a feeling it will scale really well with high CP due to all the bonus crit chance it has, but Im only at 911 cp so cant tell for sure yet.

    This spec WILL starve on dummies within about a minute, its energy neutral as long as you have fervor/living energy though
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Just threw it together and tested it on live dummy and ye, it definately parses high enough to be viable in T2 raids compared to 61 paragon - gives dem theorycrafters something new to bite into after tempagon nerf

    Good find!

    Edit: Though i was using KotH to proc shifting, my tooltip says it hits harder
    Last edited by Kodlak; 11-22-2013 at 02:15 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Axarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Certainly looks interesting.

    Some things that need looking into:
    - 2/5 Trained Defenses vs 2/2 Disorient, 2% damage taken on the mob seems superior to 2% damage done
    - 0 Tempest vs 0 Riftblade
    - Only using 2/3 Force of Will (4/6% CP) atm, might be better to only get 4/5 Devoted Training (8/10% Str) or 2/3 Deadly Parity since the spec has 28% critchance increase
    - Deadly Parity vs Double Jeopardy

    Damn you guys for always coming up with specs when I want to go to bed

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...y/38huE5llay/V

    This would be a slightly better point spread. Maybe 5/5 devoted training is better than 3/3 one two punch, its 2% str over 5% rw base damage, but not sure on that
    Last edited by Weenz; 11-22-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    841

    Default

    I'll add another question: 5/5 Shatter (mix in a breaking blow in rotation) vs 3/3 tactical advantage and 2/2 calculating

  6. #6
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    I'll add another question: 5/5 Shatter (mix in a breaking blow in rotation) vs 3/3 tactical advantage and 2/2 calculating
    Not enough Proc Abilities to over-throw the gain of 6% in both Builders and Finishers (5% Everything vs 6% Builders + Finishers). Breaking Blow also doesn't hit as hard, even if by some odd unforeseen reason it is a DPS gain, I doubt it'd make much of difference.

    =====

    If you are lagging a lot and cannot fit in the 15th GCD.

    Code:
    Opener: TT > SM > RW > SB
    
    DT > KH > TQ
    RW > RH
    PT > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    PT > RW > SB
    
    Repeat
    I've squeezed about as much as I could out of the spec, it is behind 61 Paragon by about 500 - 1,000 DPS. I don't have the precise data to back this up seeing as I tested it when I was extremely tired thus forgetting to end encounters properly, so don't trust me word for word. You might be able to squeeze a little more out somehow (uncertain).

    Great find!

    PROS
    - Slightly better "pure" sustain than 61 Paragon.
    - Easy to play (2 Core Rotation Buttons).
    - Good Utility.
    - Increased HP (Good for Progression).

    CONS
    - Less burst than 61 Paragon (it's not non-existent, there are "some" bursts).
    - Slightly less DPS than 61 Paragon.
    - 1 Combat Buff to keep track of (Not even a Con).

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Certainly looks interesting.

    Some things that need looking into:
    - 2/5 Trained Defenses vs 2/2 Disorient, 2% damage taken on the mob seems superior to 2% damage done
    - 0 Tempest vs 0 Riftblade
    - Only using 2/3 Force of Will (4/6% CP) atm, might be better to only get 4/5 Devoted Training (8/10% Str) or 2/3 Deadly Parity since the spec has 28% critchance increase
    - Deadly Parity vs Double Jeopardy

    Damn you guys for always coming up with specs when I want to go to bed
    I think you are right with the disorient versus trained defenses. The reduced damage taken from disorient should out weigh the bonus to armor and resists from train defenses as well, I think at least
    And ya. should have maxed out force of will, wasnt thinking when I linked this last night

    Thanks for the feed back so far everyone. I definitely feel its viable, so just wanted to share it
    Probably give it a few more days for tweaks here then I'll get it in the guides section
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    In PTS test gear i was parsing about 26.5k average, which is about the same as 61 para (maybe a little higher?). I know I got a good few parses over 27k as well.

    I feel like this spec has potential to scale harder with raid buffs and gear than 61 para given the crazy high passive crit chance and bonus contributions from battle surge.

    And also, as kodlak said, use king of the hill to proc SB instead of tranquility.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 11-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Axarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    Not enough Proc Abilities to over-throw the gain of 6% in both Builders and Finishers (5% Everything vs 6% Builders + Finishers). Breaking Blow also doesn't hit as hard, even if by some odd unforeseen reason it is a DPS gain, I doubt it'd make much of difference.

    =====

    If you are lagging a lot and cannot fit in the 15th GCD.

    Code:
    Opener: TT > SM > RW > SB
    
    DT > KH > TQ
    RW > RH
    PT > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    PT > RW > SB
    
    Repeat
    I've squeezed about as much as I could out of the spec, it is behind 61 Paragon by about 500 - 1,000 DPS. I don't have the precise data to back this up seeing as I tested it when I was extremely tired thus forgetting to end encounters properly, so don't trust me word for word. You might be able to squeeze a little more out somehow (uncertain).

    Great find!

    PROS
    - Slightly better "pure" sustain than 61 Paragon.
    - Easy to play (2 Core Rotation Buttons).
    - Good Utility.
    - Increased HP (Good for Progression).

    CONS
    - Less burst than 61 Paragon (it's not non-existent, there are "some" bursts).
    - Slightly less DPS than 61 Paragon.
    - 1 Combat Buff to keep track of (Not even a Con).
    Using all of the hard hitters in SB is certainly a dps boost for me compared to using KotH-> RW->RH.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    I think you are right with the disorient versus trained defenses. The reduced damage taken from disorient should out weigh the bonus to armor and resists from train defenses as well, I think at least
    And ya. should have maxed out force of will, wasnt thinking when I linked this last night

    Thanks for the feed back so far everyone. I definitely feel its viable, so just wanted to share it
    Probably give it a few more days for tweaks here then I'll get it in the guides section
    Well thanks for coming up with the spec!

    Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    In PTS test gear i was parsing about 26.5k average, which is about the same as 61 para (maybe a little higher?). I know I got a good few parses over 27k as well.

    I feel like this spec has potential to scale harder with raid buffs and gear than 61 para given the crazy high passive crit chance and bonus contributions from battle surge.
    PTS test gear has horrible CP and quite decent AP, the 25% boost from WL might just make it look better in that gear than it is. That being said I can constantly beat my 61 Para parses or atleast be in the same 100s even without LE (maybe I just suck at 61 x_x)

    Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    And also, as kodlak said, use king of the hill to proc SB instead of tranquility.
    Using DT, Tranq and KotH in one SB seems like higher dps though.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    [QUOTE=Byaku;4602820]
    =====

    If you are lagging a lot and cannot fit in the 15th GCD.

    Code:
    Opener: TT > SM > RW > SB
    
    DT > KH > TQ
    RW > RH
    PT > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    SM > RW > RH
    PT > RW > SB
    
    Repeat
    in your opener make sure you use piercing thrust before you do the shifting blades rotation
    Otherwise you are missing out on 12% damage from thick of battle, will also let you get an added stack of unleashed to further bolster your burst
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

  11. #11
    Champion Thargrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    Not enough Proc Abilities to over-throw the gain of 6% in both Builders and Finishers (5% Everything vs 6% Builders + Finishers). Breaking Blow also doesn't hit as hard, even if by some odd unforeseen reason it is a DPS gain, I doubt it'd make much of difference.
    Isn't the Shatter buff multiplicative (since it is a debuff on the target, and not a buff on you)? If so, that 5% should pull ahead of the 6% to builders/finishers. Can't test now (at work), but definitely intrigued.

    5% multiplicative vs. [6% additive + (RH-BB)]
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

  12. #12
    Champion Thargrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    in your opener make sure you use piercing thrust before you do the shifting blades rotation
    Otherwise you are missing out on 12% damage from thick of battle, will also let you get an added stack of unleashed to further bolster your burst
    I'd open with:

    (3AP) BS>TtT>PT>SM>RW>SB
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

  13. #13
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thargrom View Post
    Isn't the Shatter buff multiplicative (since it is a debuff on the target, and not a buff on you)? If so, that 5% should pull ahead of the 6% to builders/finishers. Can't test now (at work), but definitely intrigued.

    5% multiplicative vs. [6% additive + (RH-BB)]
    I was actually thinking of this after I made the post too. It might pull ahead, but I'm still worried about the general loss of one RH for a BB. Will test it when I get the chance.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Axarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Hmm getting rid of Three Moves Ahead (Piercing Thrust +25% damage) might actually be better since it's only one weak skill. With Calculating(6% Finisher) removed too you could get 5/5 Shatter. Could also use A Quick Death in the spam macro since you will be refreshing buffs every 15s (or on target swap) anyways.

    Macros for that spec would be:

    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

    #show Setting Moon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Setting Moon

    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Death Touch
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Tranquility
    cast Reaping Harvest

  15. #15
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    in your opener make sure you use piercing thrust before you do the shifting blades rotation
    Otherwise you are missing out on 12% damage from thick of battle, will also let you get an added stack of unleashed to further bolster your burst
    Yeah I mis-typed it, sorry. It's meant to be what Thargrom posted. This is why I don't write guides! *shakesfist*

    Code:
    Opener: TT > PT > SM > RW > SB
    Last edited by Byaku; 11-22-2013 at 09:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts