Closed Thread

Thread: Tempest and warrior pvp

Soulwalker

Default Tempest and warrior pvp

I've been reading the warrior forums for a while now and it seems that tempest is in 99% of people's builds, and they seem to be in a part of every warrior pvp build that has been posted. Is Tempest absolutely necessary for warriors in pvp? I can see the obvious benefits of just having it on without even putting many points into it or any at all, but is it absolutely a must have? Are there no other viable substitutes for tempest?

I'm leveling a warrior and i am a free-to-play scrub right now but i want to at least get a character to max level and mess around with endgame content before i decide to put any cash into this game. Am i going to have to shovel out money to unlock the tempest soul or am i better off just rerolling now?

In short, does Tempest make or break the warrior in PvP?

Champion

I think what you are seeing is mainly shock pulse, so not really tempest as a whole. For pvp at level 60 the most i'd go is 5 points for the 61 RB build. Most people use 0 tempest or 2+ points in tempest as its great for disconnects (shock pulse > skyfall ) But.. you are not pigeon-holed into using tempest. there are other builds that do not require tempest at all. For example warlord/paladin or riftblade/paladin(open world). So, my guess you are seeing alot of shock pulse spam, not tempest builds per say.
    Last edited by istrikeanywhere; 06-25-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Osteo

Champion of Telara

Tempest = best sub soul. You will see it in ALL the builds.

Shock pulse is life. Shock pulse is death. He who controls the shock pulse controls the universe. Etc, etc, etc.

We don't have relable slows, roots, stuns, etc. So, it's shock pulse, or don't hit a thing for a bit. In WL paladin I have two charges that I spam above shock pulse, and it still goes off all the time.

Can you play without tempest? Of course you can. We all did until Storm Legion. There is nothing wrong with it, and except for pvp, you should not be outperformed by someone with shock pulse to much. In PvP however... While your not completly screwed, things get more difficult. Kiting is far easier then catching up to someone who is.

Buy/make insoles, your going to NEED them.

Soulwalker

so . MELEE WARRIOR = death ? nice trion . If u go Tempest for ranger pvp , just go mage , it's better .
    Last edited by mmfm; 06-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Shadowlander

should try paragon/paladin/warlord

2 charge with root
    death touch snare
    warlord pull

atm im doing melee burst paragon/tempets/riftblade
    lots of fun high burst when i do my combo macro properly under 3 second in pvp
    Last edited by lavexis; 06-25-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mmfm View Post
    so . MELEE WARRIOR = death ? nice trion . If u go Tempest for ranger pvp , just go mage , it's better .
    no no, melee warrior in pvp = destroy everyone in sight. if they run away, shock pulse their *** til they are dead lmfao
    Osteo

Soulwalker

anyone have a build for this?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lavexis View Post
    should try paragon/paladin/warlord

2 charge with root
    death touch snare
    warlord pull

atm im doing melee burst paragon/tempets/riftblade
    lots of fun high burst when i do my combo macro properly under 3 second in pvp
    Care to share your build & macros?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
    Care to share your build & macros?
    for paragon/riftblade/tempest melee burst i use the macro that was on guide here

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...gon-seppy.html

just change death touch with the charge atk or up to you really i usually use death touch manually.

and aim for squishies ( you can tell squishy ppl by their buffs and hp )
    spam shock pulse till you get 3 ap, cast shifting blade and then burst someone either charge at them, use fleet of foot or just simply atk them..after that use fleet foot or thunderous leap to run

very fun when you hit high crits pure glass cannon lol.. but then again im not 60 im playing 50 - 59 pvp but been using para/pally/temp or full para/rb/temp to pvp since lvl 20 pvp and i do just fine

Closed Thread