+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: So now that we are getting a Heal soul what are peoples thoughts!

Default So now that we are getting a Heal soul what are peoples thoughts!

heh who saw this one comming after the "we are never getting a healing soul" comment?

I hope it means it's melee heal soul that requires us to HIT the people that need heals! healing off boss pfft I wanna smack peoples faces to heal them!
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gorem View Post
    I hope it means it's melee heal soul that requires us to HIT the people that need heals! healing off boss pfft I wanna smack peoples faces to heal them!
    If anyone is going to make it happen it would be trion. They already hae this mentality with the chloromancer, so I think this is a real possibility, I even expect it.

General of Telara

Would love if gamestyle would be similar to old senticar, but with less ranged and more melee focus.

Plane Walker

If they're gonna give us a healing soul, they'd better balance it right. I don't want to end up with another BM/support debacle, where on paper it looks ok, but due to being melee gets blown out of the water by both bard and archon, so it's never used in raids over them.

On the plus side, lets hope we get some synergy with our tanking souls, so we can spec into some tank/healing hybrids. Hopefully the healing soul won't be penalized like warlord is with endurance/resist scaling being half that of the tanking souls.

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/03...-healing-spec/

On a more serious note, Simon said the soul was named Liberator.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-21-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Question is, when will this be happening?
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Soulwalker

Default My Thoughts

Please noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axtor View Post
    Please YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fixed it for you...................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer View Post
    Question is, when will this be happening?
    In patch 3.0.

I am a rogue and think Warriors and Rogues getting healing souls, a mage a tank soul and a cleric a support soul are simply BAD ideas.

There are a host of issues regarding balance...finding slots in raid for various callings etc but what it really comes down to what is the ffing point.

My only hope is since they kept using the term "we are looking at...." a lot during the reveal this means the idea was a trial balloon and not written in stone because it will, imo create more head aches than it solves and the mantra will be... come 3.0... for many "be careful what you wish for."

Hell I think half the reason for it is just to stop people from crying about it anymore...one of them even said exactly that with the "now warriors in pvp can stop fudging crying for people to heal them."

Now I get why they may also do it financially. the people who are crying will have to by the souls from the cash shop. Don't forget that little tid bit.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-21-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

sick its not like they didn't break the game enough with tempest now let's heal too. how about one viable melee soul in pvp u know since we r warriors not mages

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    sick its not like they didn't break the game enough with tempest now let's heal too. how about one viable melee soul in pvp u know since we r warriors not mages
    Riftblade and Warlord say hi.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Looking forwards to it even though it would be most likely water or life based soul for healing, always preferred the idea of a death/life based healing soul. Which would attack enemies for a resource they need that fuels their healing abilities, or that they can gain this resource by sacrificing either their own hp or allies hp as well, such as a blood pool that fills with each attack or use of the ability.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for a healing soul that is either water, life, or a mixture of both for the warriors. An i still find it funny to hear people say that tempest has ruined much, i still see melee warriors both in pvp an pve content, while i do see people using it to by-pass issues (like fight mechanics) that is more people either being lazy, or bad fight design that would have been just as bad without temp.

Warriors will just get a melee version of chloromancer with combo points.

RIFT Guide Writer

Don't label me a healer!
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast