+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ulthran
  • 1 Post By goebs86

Thread: With patch 2.3

Soulwalker

Default With patch 2.3

What do you think is the best leveling build for Warriors? I am struggling with RB, and I am only level 36 :\
    Will Paragon or Champion be better?
    This is the guide I was using:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...est-guide.html
    Last edited by Jiggley; 06-12-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

The one with which you have the most fun.

QED [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggley View Post
    What do you think is the best leveling build for Warriors? I am struggling with RB, and I am only level 36 :\
    Warlord/Champion is very strong for levelling.
    Chains of Life and Recovery Posture is a strong sustain; as well champion carries some defensive and AoE damage benefits.

WL/Champ

Put 12 points in Warlord to be able to block without a shield and the rest in Champ. At level 50 there is a couple of guides for soloing/leveling. At level 60 you can run pretty much whatever you want.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8mF8/7kkkE4whw/V

something like this at level 36...
    Beware the Penguin...

Soulwalker

Does that also deal a lot of dps in dungeons? :\

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggley View Post
    Does that also deal a lot of dps in dungeons? :\
    Til you get to 50, yes - since there's an abundance of trash in pre-SL dungeons.
    At 50, not so much, since it requires more ST damage.

really a soloing leveling build...never tried in dungeons.

get your marks up. get your bleeds up. then aoe aoe aoe finish aoe...etc. Throw in a cornered beast. Use Proper Timing on Finishers.
    Beware the Penguin...

WL/CHM and maybe some pal but yeah. I had fun leveling up with reaver but this was some time ago....

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Leveling is not even remotely hard. I really don't understand why there are so many post asking these things, everyday almost. Just level what you want to play, then worry about specs at endgame.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    Leveling is not even remotely hard. I really don't understand why there are so many post asking these things, everyday almost. Just level what you want to play, then worry about specs at endgame.
    Well having just returned to rift again there are so many options. When I first played I chose my souls terribly so struggled until I read some guides and found better builds. A lot of the prebuilt roles right now will work but they obviously aren't the fastest or have the most survivability but just good enough to get by. Currently I am around level 40 and I am still looking for better builds which I assume is the case for many people. I for one for more fun playing a class that can perform well even if it takes more effort than struggling through.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by goebs86 View Post
    Well having just returned to rift again there are so many options. When I first played I chose my souls terribly so struggled until I read some guides and found better builds. A lot of the prebuilt roles right now will work but they obviously aren't the fastest or have the most survivability but just good enough to get by. Currently I am around level 40 and I am still looking for better builds which I assume is the case for many people. I for one for more fun playing a class that can perform well even if it takes more effort than struggling through.
    Gain 1 level then go 41 points warlord, rest in champ.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthran View Post
    The one with which you have the most fun.

QED [x]
    QFE

This

Quote Originally Posted by goebs86 View Post
    Fair enough. My original post was referring more to the generic request for warrior leveling specs that happen very often. And if you take a few mins and dig around the forums I am sure most will find that the same specs continue to get mentioned over and over. I guess someone should make a guide for it lol....actually I think there is one, its a few patches old but in terms of leveling not to much has changed since Storm Legion came out (aside from the healing nerf to Tempest that happened early on in the expansion, and I think they nerfed some other warrior healing buffs in the other specs don't quote me on that though).

Since you took the time to give me your current level...The 2 main leveling specs for levels 40(ish) to 60 are Warlord/Champion, and Champion/Warlord. For early levels (1 to whatever) you could almost play anything and make some progress. I leveled my warrior as a tank(Reaver), and as Beast Master for a while, but that was over a year ago so I am not sure whats best for the early levels atm.

I personally prefer and used the Champion/Warlord/Tempest over the deeper Warlord versions. The point spread I linked is pulled off the top of my head. I do not have the spec anymore since 61RB does just fine for open world content at 60 with some raid gear. The point spread is probably not optimal, but will work just fine. You are basically just trying to get Recovery Posture from WL, and the Fight or Flight talent from Champion so you can spam heal, and dps with Cornered Beast. Each hit of CB (per mob i think unless they fixed it) procs Recovery Posture from Warlord which will heal you for a small amount, but with a large group of mobs it adds up to a nice amount of healing. The spec is not really built for one mob at a time is all about AoE. Also as you gain levels you will want to continue to fill out Champion, I would take Iron Strikes first or even something like Mark of Exclusion or Juggernaut's Bearing if you are taking to much damage. If they did fix CB procing like crazy with Recovery Posture, then I just wasted my time lol.

A full Tempest build also works really well for open world content. You have a self heal(low cd), shield, feign death, Jump back, reflect(not to useful really), AE stun, interrupt, with decent AE and ST damage. If you do an Arc>Charged Pulse/Double Pulse>Dual Pulse>Skyfall most mobs will be dead in a matter of seconds. But, its a ranged soul so you are a mage in plate armor basically. If you prefer to melee I don't blame you. The only dps spec I would not run for leveling would probably be Paragon. Not that it cant be used, just that paragon was not designed to handle multiple mobs at once really. And the tank souls are obviously going to be pretty slow compared to an AE dps spec. When leveling in Rift, I would recommend you get a few extra role slots, and just make up some specs as you go. Have fun with the soul system before you get to endgame and have to use 1 or 2 specs for most content (if you want to do the damage you should be doing).
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 06-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread