+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ulthran

Thread: About Beastmaster and Warriors in general

Rift Disciple

Default About Beastmaster and Warriors in general

I know that it is the Buff time of the year for us(Armour ignoring DoTs yay!), but I still have to complain. Why not make a bm into a decent solo soul that can Support as well(calls, commands, DoTs) by giving us BACK that which you took Trion(Defensive stance that was called "Protective Companion")? I mean, really we are a nerf soul. Let's just compare our gift to the druid's gift. We get +0,5% dmg and +2,5% pet dmg/lvl while druids get +0,5% dmg, +3% pet dmg and +2% pet Heal/lvl. Other pet classes outclass us by even wider margin(+1% dmg, +4% pet dmg/lvl). Ok, I get it that we are more useful to the group than Necros/Eles can ever hope to be, but a bit of help in solo? Hell, even Healing Souls solo better than us. Then there is the fact that all other pet souls have a multitude of pets. Nec has ranged+melee DPS and a tank, Ele has got a full house(Tank, DPSs, CC) and Druid has got literally a royal flush(Tank, Healer, DPSs). Meanwhile we get...yeah. A single spec pet that is by itself nerf.

Just bring back stances. Ok?

Why were they cut in the first place? Some dimwit objected that Beastmaster was too akin to the White Lion from WAR lol(nothing wrong with that!)?

Now, onto the second part of the question. What's up with Warrior survivability outside tanking Souls? While I am leveling, I can barely feel recovery posture(8% AP is just too damn low, can we get at least 20%?), both chains and primal Heal can and will miss at the most inopportune times and no permission to die can be used only once per minute(I know it is awesome but...). If we take 12 points in Paladin, then by wasting a GCD(not to mention 12 points!) we are allowing ourselves to get in the worse position than we started from(let's say I don't want to lug a Shield around). Meanwhile, all the other classes are well off. Mage has got Chloromancer for any kind of emergency, Elementalist for Tank pet and Ice Shield, Necro for feign death, Dominator for CC and Warlock to top it all off. Not to mention Harb/Chloro combo. You simply can't fail as a mage in solo. Then there are Clerics-Shamans that are gods of solo, druids which are awesome as well, justicars that work superbly with a fairy healer, Def/Cab combo and healers which are unkillable(today I soloed 3 mobs 5 levels above me lol!->can't do that on Warrior!). Concerning Rogues, I don't like Rogues that much. Still, tactician is a four point wonder, bladedancer is mega powerful, riftstalker is a good addition to most builds, Sins and NBs have got their tricks to escape(and cut foe's TTK down to minimum to boot), MM when paired with bard can have perma +50% ms and awesome damage+Healing and Rangers pets.

In short: why must we languish while leveling, just because we are op(nerf RB-Buff everything else, we were hostages of RB long enough!) in one soul and because we are useful in raids? Make us FUN dam it!

Signed: Warrior fan.
    Last edited by Ulthran; 06-08-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Agreed. I'd like to see that imposing-looking pet working side-by-side with the warrior in solo situations.

Rift Disciple

Oh come on! The DPS parser nonsense is answered, but the FUNDAMENTAL problems with games aren't?

No surprise that nothing's changing when the community keeps talking about nonsense. WE should've pushed them to do multicore support, rebalance the whole classes, etc a LONG time ago. Sometimes, complacency is the greatest sin.

Telaran

i agree that BM needs a defensive stance , BM is in akward position

is a support soul
    is a pet class
    is a melee
    does dmg based on dots (bleeds)

isnt that fun to play with...u get a cool looking pet (that u will hate after 1 week , i want a tiger )

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthran View Post
    I mean, really we are a nerf soul. Let's just compare our gift to the druid's gift. We get +0,5% dmg and +2,5% pet dmg/lvl while druids get +0,5% dmg, +3% pet dmg and +2% pet Heal/lvl. Other pet classes outclass us by even wider margin(+1% dmg, +4% pet dmg/lvl). Ok, I get it that we are more useful to the group than Necros/Eles can ever hope to be, but a bit of help in solo? Hell, even Healing Souls solo better than us. Then there is the fact that all other pet souls have a multitude of pets. Nec has ranged+melee DPS and a tank, Ele has got a full house(Tank, DPSs, CC) and Druid has got literally a royal flush(Tank, Healer, DPSs). Meanwhile we get...yeah. A single spec pet that is by itself nerf.
    lets compare roles next time.
    archon has no pet, bard has no pet. both are the same role as beastmaster.
    in that comparison, BM wins. every time.

sentinel has superior heals to the warrior riftblade soul. trion, I demand a significant buff to our dps souls healing to match that of cleric healing souls!
    then there is the fact that riftstalkers have better survivability that riftblade. I mean wtf? both souls have rift in the name, they should have equal survivability!
    trion, please make my role specific soul better at different roles from different classes so I can do things with them that other souls I already have are far better suited for and are actually designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

I agree that BM is in a weird place. I like the buff-on-finisher, makes it easy to keep up buffs. The pet is sort-of cool looking, but doesn't seem to do as much damage as my tanking Necro pet does.. they gave us 'heals', but they're kinda laughable. The heal for as many bleeds would be a lot better if we could choose to put it on someone else.

For the damage aspect, I like what was suggested along the lines for mages - fix how many points spent increases your dps. Currently, it makes even picking up 4 points for the bleed worthless. Beastmaster would synergise well with warlord / paragon if not for losing so much dps.

I have used a BM based build for soloing, but it relies heavily on the other souls for dps/healing, and generally does worse dps/heals... so it's kinda pointless to use it the I think it could be fun if it did a bit more dps, and the heals could be used more effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    ... but it relies heavily on the other souls for dps/healing, and generally does worse dps/heals...
    what a surprise, since it is neither a dps nor a healing soul

trying to use a support soul for solo play makes about as much sense as trying to drive a semi trailer on a skateboard ramp, and then complaining that you don't get as much air as the other kids on their skateboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Um, you did read my next line, where I said it makes it kinda pointless?

But yeah, I have tried different combos, to little effect, to find something outside of a full BM used for support.
    Last edited by kickn4fun; 06-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Shield of Telara

The main problem with bm is that it takes nearly 40 pts to be useful, and doesn't synergize particularly well with the other souls. Really you go 61 pts, have worse buffs than bard/archon, heals worse than bard/archon, and do OK dmg (pve only, garbage dmg in pvp).

In order for bm to actually be viable, it needs to have one or two must have abilities in its first 25 points.
    Last edited by oddiescell; 06-12-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    The main problem with bm is that it takes nearly 40 pts to be useful, and doesn't synergize particularly well with the other souls. Really you go 61 pts, have worse buffs than bard/archon, heals worse than bard/archon, and do OK dmg (pve only, garbage dmg in pvp).

In order for bm to actually be viable, it needs to have one or two must have abilities in its first 25 points.
    Not sure how its buffs are worse, enrage is arguably one of the best buffs in the game, command to attack is equal to flaring power and doesn't take charge, command to stand ground can be a raid saver (matriarch consume with Childe up, hm zaviel when she does discharge after conducers with high energy) not to mention you can run a hybrid archon if you have a bm and get a significant raid dps increase if you do it right. I do agree that its healing is crap, but for a raid a bm is a perfectly viable choice.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Rift Disciple

Well yes. I'd agree with odiescell that it is too late blooming. If he was actually fun to play in early/mid game, you'd see A LOT MORE BMs! Fact.

Also, it doesn't make sense that pet doesn't have any stance but current. You can twist and turn however you wish, but the fact stands that all the other pet souls have got at least an offensive and a defensive pet. Let alone utility pets or flavour of dmg(melee or ranged) pets.

Concerning safety, all the other supports are ranged(which lets them kite all they want) and all the other pet classes are ranged as well(kiting+hiding behind a tank pet). We are...yeah. Nothing exceptional.

BM is just... compared to the other pet users.

+ Reply to Thread