+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Warrior tanks on PTS for 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Several changes to Warrior tanks that will go up onto PTS shortly. The goal is to spread out mitigation more evenly across levels and reduce the reliance of specific talents and top tier abilities to reach the mitigation goals.

Paladin: Reverent Protection: Now applies absorption to group members with the lowest HP by percentage. The amount absorbed has been increased.
    Paladin: Pacification: Now causes Pacifying Strike to reduce damage taken by 1-3%.
    Paladin: Protector’s Fury: Now also causes Righteous Fury to reduce damage taken by 1% per stack.
    Paladin: Light’s Benediction: Now deals Life damage and reduces damage taken by 7%.
    Paladin: Unyielding Defense: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 3-9%.

Void Knight: Protective Shield: Absorption from Protective Shield has been increased.
    Void Knight: Unstable Void: Now reduces damage taken by 5%.
    Void Knight: Rift Distortion: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 4%.
    Void Knight: Surging Touch: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 1-2%.
    Void Knight: Accord of Shifting: Now also reduces damage taken from spell by 0.5% per Pact.

Reaver: Crest of Consumption: No longer increases healing done by Soul Feast by 20%. Now, it increases healing received by 20%.
    Reaver: Binding of Shadow: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 3%.
    Reaver: Power From the Masses: Now reduces damage taken by 1-5%.
    Reaver: Ethereal Bond: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 1-3%.
    Reaver: Crest of the Shadow: Amount absorbed has been increased.
    Reaver: Walks with Death: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 2-6%.
    Ailion, thx for the changes, however, I'm pretty sure there will always be a "cookie-cutter" warrior tanking spec because of the way you treat the tanking souls.

Imo, the problem was never which combo mitigates more. We ended up to this argument simply because none of the souls had a clear purpose.
    Trying to make VK better against spells or pala better against physical was a really wrong way of trying to give purpose to the souls.

Imo, bring all warrior tank spec passive mitigation to the same level and then give a unique purpose to each one of the souls.
    For example, Paladin as "support healing" (within reason, like cler tanks), Reaver as "support DPS" (i'd dare to say it needs to be able to pull around BM/archon or slightly less dps) & VK as active mitigation (all combos having same passive miti but VK has more self-shielding).

That way raids would decide if they want their warrior tank to: support with some aoe healing, do some serious DPS on the boss or just be very tough and able to take lots of damage due to poping CDs (shielding)

Until then, think of me saying "i told you so" every time a warrior tank spec becomes the new cookie-cutter due to the simple fact that it offers the "best buy" of miti,dps,utility like VK is atm.
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Tested 44/32 (includes Destructive Forces) for a while and it comes out about even with 61 Paladin as far as dps goes. I do like having FoF and Crest of Entropy as cooldowns though, especially when CoE lasts 12s.

Soulwalker

Meh. Going 61 Points in a Tankspec always eliminates the possibility to have a second 10-Target-Hit Ability like Sweeping Strike.
    If they really force us to spend 61 points in Pally, I demand reducing the required Points invested to gain a 10-TargetAE. Otherwise we won't be able to handle Adds well. And considering Clerics can have an unlimited amount of Adds bound to them, over a range of 35 Meters with their heals, this seems unacceptable.
    Last edited by Khanarac; 05-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.

By 44/32 I assume you mean 44 VK/32 Reaver, take note that misses 6% Spell Mitigation from Walks with Death, hence why you need a 38/38 split. Since Spell Mit is the purpose of the hybrid spec it seems like you would want to maximise that. 44/32 definitely would have much better utility, but if you lose the 6% Spell Mit then you'd be better off playing 61 VK.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-30-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Nope.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khanarac View Post
    I demand reducing the required Points invested to gain a 10-TargetAE.
    Lol at "I demand".

Quote Originally Posted by Khanarac View Post
    Otherwise we won't be able to handle Adds well. And considering Clerics can have an unlimited amount of Adds bound to them, over a range of 35 Meters with their heals, this seems unacceptable.
    You aren't very good at tanking then if you require two non-target AOE threat abilities to establish threat on a pack of mobs. I recommend you learn your abilities and how to properly utilize them, if I can grab aoe threat in 41/35 you sure as hell can do it in any 61 or 58 spec.

Plane Walker

Ailion, the patch notes indicate that you've linked some VK spell mit to pacts:

Accord of Shifting: Now also reduces damage taken from spell by 0.5% per Pact.

VK is the only tanking class that has to sacrifice mitigation in order to use defensive CDs. It shouldn't have to do this, because defensive CDs are 'oh **** buttons', yet VKs have to make themselves weaker in order to use them. Can you please look into allowing the buffs gained by pacts to apply at twice the amount per pact, but cap out at 5? So for instance something like:

Accord of Shifting: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 1% per Pact, to a maximum of 5 pacts.

That means a VK will be left with a 5 pact buffer when using CDs, and isn't stripped of any mitigation.

Sorano's idea is a good one
    Nope.

Honestly VK shouldn't lose pacts when using a defensive CD at all. Offensive stuff like Discharge and what not I can understand though

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    Honestly VK shouldn't lose pacts when using a defensive CD at all. Offensive stuff like Discharge and what not I can understand though
    It's intended to be a tradeoff, sacrificing mitigation for DPS, which I like in principle. But the implementation is lacking.
    Nope.

I just said that primal

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    Ailion, the patch notes indicate that you've linked some VK spell mit to pacts:

Accord of Shifting: Now also reduces damage taken from spell by 0.5% per Pact.

VK is the only tanking class that has to sacrifice mitigation in order to use defensive CDs. It shouldn't have to do this, because defensive CDs are 'oh **** buttons', yet VKs have to make themselves weaker in order to use them. Can you please look into allowing the buffs gained by pacts to apply at twice the amount per pact, but cap out at 5? So for instance something like:

Accord of Shifting: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 1% per Pact, to a maximum of 5 pacts.

That means a VK will be left with a 5 pact buffer when using CDs, and isn't stripped of any mitigation.
    Been asking for this for a long long time. Also can has fix to my HP e-peen as a warrior tank Ailion? As far as i know there isnt a pill for it.
    Last edited by DarkFalls; 05-31-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

With these changes please consider some tweaks to low point Reaver and vk. Currently you have to waste 4 or 5 points picking up stuff like increased death damage and pact duration. Please consider moving some of the more useful tank stuff down one tier and moving some of the soul specific stuff up a tier to compensate. I would suggest moving the end increases down and destructive forces and one of the Reaver damage increases up.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    With these changes please consider some tweaks to low point Reaver and vk. Currently you have to waste 4 or 5 points picking up stuff like increased death damage and pact duration. Please consider moving some of the more useful tank stuff down one tier and moving some of the soul specific stuff up a tier to compensate. I would suggest moving the end increases down and destructive forces and one of the Reaver damage increases up.
    This would probably be enough to get our HP back in line with cleric tanks.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's intended to be a tradeoff, sacrificing mitigation for DPS, which I like in principle. But the implementation is lacking.
    Anything ever get done about this? Or are we just going to deal with it?
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If you're curious my current testing spreadsheet can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QTMtbGc#gid=14
    Hey mate.

Is this up to date? Would love to stick some builds together for tomorrow nights raid

Though it looks like I could get away with a slight adjustment to Pally build and keep 61 VK?
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 06-12-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast