+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Warrior tanks on PTS for 2.3

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    Would 58vk/18pal be viable now in a raid setting for the added AoE taunt from sweeping. I ask because I only carry the one tank spec atm and VK has been my go to. This may be a mute point come 2.3 because of the added role slots but I'd prefer to use those for other things than different tanking specs.
    Well with 3 points lost in VK you lose 5% endurance, and 5% mit from unstable void, as well as the massive DPS boost that it gives. With 3 more in paladin you gain 3% mit, so no. 61 VK > 58. AOE threat isn't very difficult in VK anyways.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

Just adjusted some numbers and made additional changes to Warrior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Just adjusted some numbers and made additional changes to Warrior tanks.
    Any specifics? And are they on the current build of PTS?

58 Reaver/18 Paladin is, in my mind, dead.
    Since Pacification is now 3% across the board and some Spell Mitigation has been transferred from Binding of Death to Binding of Shadow (meaning you can't have both unless 61 Reaver) the additional 5% Endurance Modifier and 5% Healing received modifiers given by Binding of Devouring Darkness make 61 RV the way to go. It is slightly inferior to 58/18 in Non-Spell mitigation but 58/18 is too far behind 61 Paladin in that area to be a worthwhile choice anyway.

The way I see it is:
    61 Paladin: Fights requiring high Effective Non-Spell HP or needing Life's Rapture
    61 Void Knight: Fights with non-extreme burst where additional DPS or Utility is useful
    61 Reaver or 38 Void Knight/38 Reaver: Fights with heavy Spell damage, choice depends on which CDs are more useful for a given encounter.

58 Reaver is not the best choice in any situation.

If you're curious my current testing spreadsheet can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QTMtbGc#gid=14

Take note: Only the Tier 4 Relic sheet is updated with PTS changes (some which haven't gone up yet), everything else is Live.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    /shirtless bahmi flex
    My health e-peen has been too flat since SL release.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It is slightly inferior to 58/18 in Non-Spell mitigation but 58/18 is too far behind 61 Paladin in that area to be a worthwhile choice anyway.
    Pretty much what I said to you on Skype. It's not the best at anything, but it's also not the worst. It's kind of the middground also considering it does more DPS than Paladin but less than VK. Problem is that we generally don't need a middleground spec, just look at how many people currently use Reaver.

With having to go 61 into Paladin now it's getting a slight DPS buff. Other tanks be jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    With having to go 61 into Paladin now it's getting a slight DPS buff. Other tanks be jelly.
    Slightly, the 25% is only life damage, remember that. It's not a flat 25%...meaning pretty much everything but Righteous Charge, Pacifying Strike, and Retaliation if I'm not mistaken.

see , strike like iron needs to be "melee abilitie damage" and not just "damage"
    because I forsee another problem with shock pulse
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    see , strike like iron needs to be "melee abilitie damage" and not just "damage"
    Come off the PvP ********, no one cares. Furthermore, SLI is all damage now and it does't affect SP enough to make it OP. You're failing to realize that SP is great in pvp wit RB because of other things besides SP

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    This is for tank discussion, go away.

Edit: To keep my post somewhat on topic, I'm loving the hybrid 38/38 spec. Haven't done extensive testing with it, but the fact that it exists and is a viable tanking spec with decent mitigation is awesome.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-26-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Edit: To keep my post somewhat on topic, I'm loving the hybrid 38/38 spec. Haven't done extensive testing with it, but the fact that it exists and is a viable tanking spec with decent mitigation is awesome.
    44/32 looks to be a better spread of points imo. You'd lose a little dps but the utility gained would make up for it without losing any of the mitigation

I honestly haven't tested the DPS on this. I've only looked at the numbers Primal has posted considering he does a much better job than I do with the heavy math and spreadsheets. However I can say I am very good at utilizing tank's abilities and getting a maximum DPS rotation out of them. I have not yet played the hybrid spec to test it out, but I was imagining that since low VK doesn't have all of the tools from high VK (damage modifiers) and low reaver lacks all of the abilities and other tools, it would probably be on par with current 58 Paladin. Is this about accurate or am I wrong? I still need to test it, so I might be, I'm just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I honestly haven't tested the DPS on this. I've only looked at the numbers Primal has posted considering he does a much better job than I do with the heavy math and spreadsheets. However I can say I am very good at utilizing tank's abilities and getting a maximum DPS rotation out of them. I have not yet played the hybrid spec to test it out, but I was imagining that since low VK doesn't have all of the tools from high VK (damage modifiers) and low reaver lacks all of the abilities and other tools, it would probably be on par with current 58 Paladin. Is this about accurate or am I wrong? I still need to test it, so I might be, I'm just wondering.
    I imagine it's a noticable dps loss, but at least it's not the normal 61 or nothing ******** we've been dealing with since 1.11

The dps loss is definitely noticeable. It's about the same as 58 Paladin, like you mentioned. Just the fact that viable hybrids exist again is a good step in the right direction. Having Fusion of Flesh and Crest of Entropy in the same spec is great, but missing out on the 20% cd that's on a short cd timer may hurt for fights with lots of spike damage. I guess that's why there are healer cds too, though.

Edit: Just looked at the 44/32. Looks just as good as the 38/38 but with more utility like you mentioned. I'll test out the dps on both as soon as I find some time where I can sit down and actually parse it out.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-26-2013 at 03:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast