+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Warrior tanks on PTS for 2.3

You're totally wrong Bara :P
    Nope.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Fantastic.

Small request: tweak Paragon to make native finishers a clear dps gain over RB finishers and some of us would be eternally grateful.

Oh, and bring back our beloved PotW/PotR(H) if you're feeling jaunty.
    totally agree with this

Rift Disciple

Well it was worth the attempt Maybe i extrapolated too much haha
    Notable screamer of things such as:
    "REDMACHINE!!!!", "REDMACHINE TROLLLLL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

Void Knight: Protective Shield: Absorption from Protective Shield has been increased.
    Void Knight: Unstable Void: No longer reduces damage taken from spells by 15%. Instead, it reduces damage taken by 5%.
    Void Knight: Rift Distortion: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 5%.
    Void Knight: Surging Touch: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 2-4%.
    Void Knight: Devourer: Spell damage reduction on Void is increased by 5-10%, up from 4-8%.

Reaver: Crest of Consumption: No longer increases healing done by Soul Feast by 20%. Now, it increases healing received by 20%.
    Reaver: Binding of Shadow: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 5%.
    Reaver: Power From the Masses: Now reduces damage taken by 1-5%.
    Reaver: Ethereal Bond: Now also reduces damage taken from spells by 2-6%.
    Reaver: Crest of the Shadow: Amount absorbed has been increased.

Absorbs scale based off ap? hmmm I didnt know this!

for the VK change of taking away the 15% from void but then basically giving high spec VK 19% spell mitigation from other talents..yep im ok with that. this stops people from just taking 0 points in VK.
    Last edited by BishopX; 05-24-2013 at 07:57 AM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Can't hop on the PTS right now to see some of the changes, but how do the absorption increases look on our current shielding abilities? Reverent Protection may actually be a (more) useful finisher if the shields it gives are actually significant instead of close to nothing.

It looks like not much changes for end game content. A raid tank will still need the %dr talents of a full soul tree, and the remainder points will not get you to the lowered magic mitigation talents (which seem to be in the level 30's and 50's range for all souls, and I don't see a good path for a magic mitigation split spec). Plus making the last 3 points in paladin more useful to a tank than 3 points into +%resistances in Reaver or +%armor in VK is a nice touch, though I will miss having sweeping strike and cyclone strike back to back for ez-mode pally aggro.

For a leveling warrior tank in the mid 30's through 50's, quicker access to magic mitigation should make them considerably less explode-y when facing magic heavy fights. They're good changes.
    The warrior formerly known as Cleareyes. Then Cyann when that was lost in a server downsize. Then Krishna when that was lost in a server downsize. Then Bluehawk when that was lost in a server downsize. Now Bluesky since that was lost in a server downsize. Check back next week for my new character name!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cyann View Post
    It looks like not much changes for end game content. A raid tank will still need the %dr talents of a full soul tree, and the remainder points will not get you to the lowered magic mitigation talents (which seem to be in the level 30's and 50's range for all souls, and I don't see a good path for a magic mitigation split spec). Plus making the last 3 points in paladin more useful to a tank than 3 points into +%resistances in Reaver or +%armor in VK is a nice touch, though I will miss having sweeping strike and cyclone strike back to back for ez-mode pally aggro.

For a leveling warrior tank in the mid 30's through 50's, quicker access to magic mitigation should make them considerably less explode-y when facing magic heavy fights. They're good changes.
    It would be nice if the aoes were at 12 points (even just 15 points) instead of 16. Right now warriors are fairly low on the totem pole when it comes to aoe aggro, and that is typically with 2 5s CD aoes.

61 Paladin would take the brunt of this change, being left with a 5s aoe and a 12s aoe.
    VK would retain its 5s aoe, 8s "weaker aggro" aoe, and passive aoe generation every 3s.
    Reaver... Reaver is just a walking puddle of anger, no problems there.

My main concern isnt so much with E-peening against rogues and clerics with their near constant aoe hate, but that with 1 reliable aoe... if you somehow manage to miss a mob, you have to very quickly find it and grab it, or wait 5s for your single aoe to refresh. (Yes, aoe force taunts and all that, but we cant always rely on those)

As far as mitigation goes, at first glance it seems like Paladin and VK gained some melee mit, while Reaver lost some melee mit. Magic mit seems to be "mostly" unchanged, the big difference is that you must now go 61 Reaver for decent magic mit, killing the current 58/18/0 RV/PL/VK spec... but we need to wait for these changes to hit PTS before we can get hard numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    Absorbs scale based off ap? hmmm I didnt know this!

for the VK change of taking away the 15% from void but then basically giving high spec VK 19% spell mitigation from other talents..yep im ok with that. this stops people from just taking 0 points in VK.
    Absorbs have always been based on AP. You are mistaken, there have been 0 changes to Void (the 0pt ability), the changes have been to Unstable Void (the 61pt ability.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Can't hop on the PTS right now to see some of the changes, but how do the absorption increases look on our current shielding abilities? Reverent Protection may actually be a (more) useful finisher if the shields it gives are actually significant instead of close to nothing.
    The absorption amounts have increased, but not a huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyann View Post
    I don't see a good path for a magic mitigation split spec.

Look harder, and yes it should help leveling tanks a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kenji1134 View Post
    As far as mitigation goes, at first glance it seems like Paladin and VK gained some melee mit, while Reaver lost some melee mit. Magic mit seems to be "mostly" unchanged, the big difference is that you must now go 61 Reaver for decent magic mit, killing the current 58/18/0 RV/PL/VK spec... but we need to wait for these changes to hit PTS before we can get hard numbers.
    61 Paladin gained Non-Spell mit, VK and Reaver are slightly improved, but not by much. You don't need these changes to be on PTS to determine them at all, you just need a good spreadsheet and Middle School mathematics. In general each soul is very slightly improved.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Nope.

Now if only we could catch up to those pesky rogues/clerics in health. Good changes though can't wait to make dumb hybrids as RR put it.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalls View Post
    Now if only we could catch up to those pesky rogues/clerics in health. Good changes though can't wait to make dumb hybrids as RR put it.
    Oh I'll figure them out...I always figure them out. Riftblade Sicaron tank in HK for freeze armor, anyone?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalls View Post
    Now if only we could catch up to those pesky rogues/clerics in health.
    /shirtless bahmi flex

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    61 Paladin gained Non-Spell mit, VK and Reaver are slightly improved, but not by much. You don't need these changes to be on PTS to determine them at all, you just need a good spreadsheet and Middle School mathematics. In general each soul is very slightly improved.
    Any chance of getting more details on the spreadsheet breakdown. PM me if you want a hand with testing/math anything. Or send me a tell in-game (Caelem@Greybriar).
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    Ok that's fine then. Was a bit worried at the wording.
    Agreed. It would be nice if Trion(or those posting change/patch notes) would take a play out of League of Legends books, being a bit more descriptive with their changes.

Random Example:
    • Pale Cascade
    • Total damage changed to 66/102/138/174/210 from 60/105/150/195/240
    • Shield reduced to 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.3 Ability Power) from 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.45 Ability Power)
    • The second application of the shield now stacks with the first shield instead of replacing it

Simply saying "Shield changed to 40/55/70/85/100(+0.3 Ability Power)" is very ambiguous.
    Last edited by NotTrev; 05-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

I did Primal's basic middle school math for him if anyone wanted to see it, so below is the (hopefully correct) comparisons of the before and after versions of the specs. I have not looked at shields or taken them into consideration nor have I found any OP hybrids so far.

Overall doesn't look like much is changing, except for VK might be a bit highly tuned when 15 points are put into Reaver. Paladin took a big hit in resists as well. Reaver looks pretty solid overall for a middleground spec, especially with 18 VK added into the equation, although I still wish the 61 point ability was worth picking up. 5% endurance, 5% heal modifier, and 5% spell mit isn't worth it still, not by a long shot.

Will be waiting on Primal to do his thing!

PTS

VK - 61/ 15 Reaver/Paladin / 0 Paladin/Tempest

3% block (0% if tempest)
    10% healing effectiveness
    15% resist (21% if paladin)
    25% end
    19% armor (14% if paladin)
    10% non-spell mit
    27% spell mit
    5% hit debuff (if reaver)

-----------------

Reaver - 58 / 18 VK / 0 Paladin/Tempest

3% block (0% if tempest)
    5% hit debuff
    10% resist +10% more from pacts = 20%
    20% end
    10% armor + 5% more from pacts = 15%
    11 % non-spell mit
    27% spell-mit

-----------------

Pally - 61 / 15 Reaver / 0 VK

11% block
    3% damage reduction while blocking
    5% hit debuff
    15% resist
    20% end
    8% armor
    15% non-spell mit
    24% spell mit

LIVE

VK

6% block
    10% healing effectiveness
    24% resist
    25% end
    11% armor
    10% non-spell mit
    26% spell mit

-----------------

Reaver

6% block
    5% hit debuff
    15% resist
    20% end
    11% armor
    12% non-spell mit
    36% spell-mit

-----------------

Pally (VK variation)

11% block
    3% damage reduction while blocking
    10% non-physical damage
    30% resist
    25% end
    14% armor
    11% non-spell mit
    26% spell mit
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-24-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Would 58vk/18pal be viable now in a raid setting for the added AoE taunt from sweeping. I ask because I only carry the one tank spec atm and VK has been my go to. This may be a mute point come 2.3 because of the added role slots but I'd prefer to use those for other things than different tanking specs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast