Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rythandil

Thread: Best Tank.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Best Tank.

    Guys Im new on Rift and Im Playing warrior tank.
    And I was wondering wich spec of warriror is the Best for tanking right now.
    Can someone give me a help?.
    If someone can say the best spec for tanking lot of mobs , or single target boss.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hkprivate View Post
    Guys Im new on Rift and Im Playing warrior tank.
    And I was wondering wich spec of warriror is the Best for tanking right now.
    Can someone give me a help?.
    If someone can say the best spec for tanking lot of mobs , or single target boss.

    Thanks.
    Your question does not have a straightforward answer. ;)

    www.riftscene.com has some excellent tank guides up for the three main builds. It's pretty much split between Void Knight, Paladin, and Reaver.

    Use Void Knight when you want some extra tools available (group pulls, purges, etc.) but it has the weakest cooldowns.

    Use Paladin for easy mode tanking and you know you're going to take some physical hits. Great cooldowns, and a raid heal that you can fire every minute and a half.

    Use Reaver for best magic mitigation, I believe. Not as familiar with this one.

    I should also mention that the differences between the three in terms of mitigation is REALLY REALLY SMALL.

    Try all three, pick the one you love the most. ;) But use the builds off of the riftscene guides. They're solid.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    Your question does not have a straightforward answer. ;)

    www.riftscene.com has some excellent tank guides up for the three main builds. It's pretty much split between Void Knight, Paladin, and Reaver.

    Use Void Knight when you want some extra tools available (group pulls, purges, etc.) but it has the weakest cooldowns.

    Use Paladin for easy mode tanking and you know you're going to take some physical hits. Great cooldowns, and a raid heal that you can fire every minute and a half.

    Use Reaver for best magic mitigation, I believe. Not as familiar with this one.

    I should also mention that the differences between the three in terms of mitigation is REALLY REALLY SMALL.

    Try all three, pick the one you love the most. ;) But use the builds off of the riftscene guides. They're solid.
    Thanks DUDE ! xD
    Very Helpful.
    Did you use any addon to tank ?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Keep it simple.

    Unless you're getting absolutely caned and need CDs use VK for the easier managed AoE aggro, higher DPS and other assorted tools (grips are invaluable for positioning trash, your own purge, self cleanse which gives a damage reduction buff).

    Otherwise use Paladin.

    The only reason to ever use reaver is if you enjoy the playstyle, in which case its fine in just about any encounter.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hkprivate View Post
    Thanks DUDE ! xD
    Very Helpful.
    Did you use any addon to tank ?
    I don't. But I also don't tank all that terribly often. I think KBM has an add watch addon, I think?

    But you shouldn't need any. Just follow the basic rules. In general make sure you face mobs away from the party, watch out for adds, LoS or summon ranged adds, etc.

    One thing that should be mentioned is in Storm Legion content, when you're still gearing up you will want to actively be using your cooldowns. If you're having trouble, use them every pull if you have to. They are there for a reason.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Lewin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hkprivate View Post
    Thanks DUDE ! xD
    Very Helpful.
    Did you use any addon to tank ?
    You don't really need any, but for raid tanking kbm is handy for things like monitoring other tanks debuff stacks and anticipating things that are on timers so you know when to pop cooldowns. That said its nothing you can't do with focus targets and a good internal clock/listening for audio clues/whatever.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Karuul Alert is very useful to help you monitor buffs and cooldowns.

    I use VK for tanking dungeons (easier multiple mob management) and Paladin for raids where I need the extra mitigation against hard hitting bosses.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts