+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How's my tank build?

Soulwalker

Default How's my tank build?

I am new to rift and wanted to try tanking. I have looked for Reaver / Void Knight builds but thought I would try to build my own. Btw this is my first time doing a full build of my own. Thanks for the input.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#4.../6kyIYFN5dxg/7

Rift Disciple

the hybrid build won't work for a few reasons, the main being that you aren't benefiting from the mainstay of either soul: for vk that would be its 61 point buff and the increases to pact generation/ the %inc healing, etc- the damage from the 61 point buff too- with reaver its a similar case as well cause you are missing out on binding of death/ you need ethereal bond too cause reaver abilities are power hunger- basically going for hybrids makes you miss out on alot of goodies.

its probably better if you stick with:

the 61 point vk variants, 58 point reaver variants and the 58 point pally variants- alot of the vocal warrior community as added to these tanking specs and can be found in

RIFT Guide Writer

You need 61 points if going deep VK for unstable void, and 58 points with Paladin or reaver for the short CD shield.

At the moment anythng else isn't worth it.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Correct, by attempting to create a hybrid of these two souls you are leaving out their absolute most important talents and spells that give you mitigation.

Soulwalker

Yeah I was thinking that I should make one of them pure but both trees are just soo tempting. I love the magic mitigation from vk and the dots/ self healing from the reaver. I put the champion in the just for there extra mobility. I changed the spec around and went 53 reaver and 23 vk.

rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#49hll4yoB0/6kyIYFN5dxg/7
    Last edited by Saeragon; 03-07-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeragon View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that I should make one of them pure but both trees are just soo tempting. I love the magic mitigation from vk and the dots/ self healing from the reaver. I put the champion in the just for there extra mobility. I changed the spec around and went 53 reaver and 23 vk.

rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#49hll4yoB0/6kyIYFN5dxg/7
    This is still poor, you do not gain a 58 point mitigation, you are going to be pact starved by so low into VK and not gain all of VK's pact benefits even if you make it to to pacts. The mitigation is also inferior.

Trust me, don't make you own specs. All of the top specs have been made and posted, you will not find anything that performs better.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    This is still poor, you do not gain a 58 point mitigation, you are going to be pact starved by so low into VK and not gain all of VK's pact benefits even if you make it to to pacts. The mitigation is also inferior.

Trust me, don't make you own specs. All of the top specs have been made and posted, you will not find anything that performs better.
    Ok the only reason I wanted to make my own spec is because every link i look at from Rift head isn't completed. Only the ones through Magelo come out completed could you send be one similar that is completed in the link? Thank you
    Last edited by Saeragon; 03-07-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Rift Chaser
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Soulwalker

Thanks! Gonna brush up a little more on my knowledge

RIFT Guide Writer
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Soulwalker

Wow... That's all I can say to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioflyer720 View Post
    Believe him, it's very true. Tanking specs are the easiest to math out and I've been all over Storm Legion tanking specs like a rash since September. There are no hidden gems out there, I've made sure.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioflyer720 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Believe him, it's very true. Tanking specs are the easiest to math out and I've been all over Storm Legion tanking specs like a rash since September. There are no hidden gems out there, I've made sure.
    I want to add to this, because I understand what radioflyer means.

When learning/first starting experts as a warrior tank, you NEED to roll with the highest mitigation possible. Once you learn them, and understand ALL of the mechanics inside and out, you absolutely should experiment with specs. Find something that will make the run go faster or that you're a little more comfortable with, or that is more fun to you. But ALWAYS make sure that it can handle the punishment.

I actually find it best to take a healer into Expert EC, just us, and pull the initial trash packs. If I don't melt, then I'm in a good place, and the spec is viable for experts.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Telaran

If you really DO want to make a hybrid build instead of a 58/61 build, then I would suggest something along the lines of this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9...a5ih2g/69sH8gE

That build has very god passive resistance, armor and endurance and also quite good dmg reduction/mitigation from buffs and debuffs like Pacifying Strike (Pacification), Void (Devourer), Aggressive Block and Blood Fever, Shield of the Hero, Accord of Resilience.
    That build is quite good defensively - when you have the active buffs and debuffs applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakir View Post
    If you really DO want to make a hybrid build instead of a 58/61 build, then I would suggest something along the lines of this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9...a5ih2g/69sH8gE

That build has very god passive resistance, armor and endurance and also quite good dmg reduction/mitigation from buffs and debuffs like Pacifying Strike (Pacification), Void (Devourer), Aggressive Block and Blood Fever, Shield of the Hero, Accord of Resilience.
    That build is quite good defensively - when you have the active buffs and debuffs applied.
    Even with this build thought I don't see the point. Your mitigation is lower, your abilities don't have synergy, you have nearly no cooldowns. Just go one of the three specs mentioned, their mitigation will not be beaten, and if you want to do more DPS simply use a 61 VK variant. There is absolutely no point to use a hybrid as a warrior, you are going to be taking more damage and dealing less damage, with less ways to defend yourself. People complain about warriors being bad when they refuse to utilize the correct specs and prefer to play their own ones that plain don't work out mathematically. This is one of the better hybrids I have seen I will admit, but it is still inferior in every way possible: mitigation, dps, utility, cooldowns.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 03-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast