Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Highest DPS spec?

Default Highest DPS spec?

Just curious, can't find a definitive answer on this.
    I'm mainly referring to highest ST dps spec.
    Highest AOE dps spec would be appreciated as well.

Also, if there are existing threads displaying these specs and have macro's etc, would appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advanced.

Greenscale<Edge of Sanity> LvL50 PVE DPS RB/CHM/PRG

In a raid setting?

RB/VK single target to the best of my knowledge. I expect this will change with the next patch, presumably by moving Accord of Power further up the tree.

61 Champ is no slouch in AoE. I have no idea what sub-souls you'd use for raid settings as I only use it for open world content, but I haven't seen anything else even close for sustained spammage.

I still like 51RB 23 champ 2para/temp for all-purpose use.
    Decov - Greybriar 60/90 Rogue
    Beermaiden - Greybriar 60/80 Mage
    Beermaid - Greybriar 60/88 Warrior
    Beerbong - Greybriar 60/80 Cleric
    Level/PR

Ascendant

52 RB 24 VK is pretty much best dps because of just just simple it is, as long as you have a chloro (only 8 points needed you want the veil) to keep you going. I'm in mostly full tank gear, since that's my main spec usually. I do have my seal, crystal, and 2x crafted rings helm and belt. In raid 12k dps single target as well as 28k health and some mitigation is kinda great for progression.

Otherwise if you can't get the chloro veil to keep you pacted up, RB/champ should outdo it by far.

For absolute highest dps though, I'm pretty sure 61paragon/8bm/7 champ is best. Or is it 7/8? 8/6? Or something? I dunno, It uses bleeds, and needs the 6 in champ for SS. I don't know it much since I'm a way to lazy to learn it compared to 52RB/24VK. Not to mention my connection is a bit clunky so I can't really deal with the 1 sec GCD of 61 paragon.

AoE is 61 champ without a doubt. Nothing we have can match it.

Rift Disciple

Default 54RB/24VK spec?

I've seen this referenced numerous times, but can't find any guide or even a magelo link to it. Can someone link something so I can have a look?

Thurfor

I'm not sure anyone has a cut and dry guide for it - it's hard to parse and your damage changes radically from zero to 10 pacts, probably enough that searing might do more DPS until @3 pacts when Reckless and Destructive Forces take over, and then you get to the point where Rift Strike/Reckless spam may surpass maintaining flamespear and frost strike on the target.

The premise of the build is Quality Care for Pacts, Accord of Power for the 40% damage increase further buffed by Rift Strike, and Elemental Caress in RB to not pull threat because you're spamming a high threat attack.

I have mostly epic gear, and peak ST dps is easily 18k, probably more but I haven't figured out yet the best method to squeeze the derp out of it - all my "parses" are in actual raid environments so other variables apply, and I'm still deciding what is and isn't a DPS loss versus spamming Reckless and fiery/icy finishers.
    Decov - Greybriar 60/90 Rogue
    Beermaiden - Greybriar 60/80 Mage
    Beermaid - Greybriar 60/88 Warrior
    Beerbong - Greybriar 60/80 Cleric
    Level/PR

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    52 RB 24 VK is pretty much best dps because of just just simple it is, as long as you have a chloro (only 8 points needed you want the veil) to keep you going. I'm in mostly full tank gear, since that's my main spec usually. I do have my seal, crystal, and 2x crafted rings helm and belt. In raid 12k dps single target as well as 28k health and some mitigation is kinda great for progression.

Otherwise if you can't get the chloro veil to keep you pacted up, RB/champ should outdo it by far.

For absolute highest dps though, I'm pretty sure 61paragon/8bm/7 champ is best. Or is it 7/8? 8/6? Or something? I dunno, It uses bleeds, and needs the 6 in champ for SS. I don't know it much since I'm a way to lazy to learn it compared to 52RB/24VK. Not to mention my connection is a bit clunky so I can't really deal with the 1 sec GCD of 61 paragon.

AoE is 61 champ without a doubt. Nothing we have can match it.
    52rb/24vk is tied with best spec you could say with 51rb25vk.. either way switching points you do not gain any beneficial dps gains over each one.. what you would gian with 25vk is a better chance to keep pacts refreshed. what you gian with 52 rb is an extra point o put in something that in no way gives a dps gain single target wise. We do not have gifts that give percentages anymore per point spent in tree so not a gain just to go 52points. In a raid setting no movement 61para/8bm/7champ still beats rb/vk because of crit power and high crit.. if you do not have high critpower and you have much higher ap then rb/vk outparses it but barely even at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurfir View Post
    I've seen this referenced numerous times, but can't find any guide or even a magelo link to it. Can someone link something so I can have a look?

Thurfor
    54/24 rb/vk is impossible you do not get 78 points to spend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I'm not sure anyone has a cut and dry guide for it - it's hard to parse and your damage changes radically from zero to 10 pacts, probably enough that searing might do more DPS until @3 pacts when Reckless and Destructive Forces take over, and then you get to the point where Rift Strike/Reckless spam may surpass maintaining flamespear and frost strike on the target.

The premise of the build is Quality Care for Pacts, Accord of Power for the 40% damage increase further buffed by Rift Strike, and Elemental Caress in RB to not pull threat because you're spamming a high threat attack.

I have mostly epic gear, and peak ST dps is easily 18k, probably more but I haven't figured out yet the best method to squeeze the derp out of it - all my "parses" are in actual raid environments so other variables apply, and I'm still deciding what is and isn't a DPS loss versus spamming Reckless and fiery/icy finishers.
    St dps on fights with no movement on fights lrb/vk is parsing for warirors in our guild 20-21k. granted we have two piece raid and raid weapons.. It is a dps gain to keep flamespear up so always refresh it.
    Last edited by XxShunsuixX; 01-03-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

I am fairly certain 1 point in RB is 1% damage vs 0.5 or 0.75 in vk doesn't really matter since its multiplicative. You'd also want to dump the 1 point in tempest anyway, do to the issue with lifegiving veil. Not that it matters, I'm sure this cheese spec will be gone soon enough and we will rejoice.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 01-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg
    My Jimmes: ☑ Rustled ☐ Unrustled
    Addiction's #1 bench warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by XxShunsuixX View Post
    We do not have gifts that give percentages anymore per point spent in tree so not a gain just to go 52points.
    This is false, you get 1% per point in Riftblade and much less per point in Void Knight.

It is noteworthy that this build would probably not be as viable without the last minute change in gifts before 2.0. Tanking and dps used to be separated by 1% damage per soul point spent, now it is just 0.5%. Going 24 points into a tank soul only costs a 12% primary damage modifier, vs 24%. At the same time damage modifiers had to be increased in the branches to compensate for the reduction in gift. It is kind of funny that the developer's response to the community clamoring for a normalization of the Gift between callings led to a new OP gimmick spec.

My preferred fix would be to a) replace the Rb threat reduction by something generally useful and b) move some of the accord damage increase higher in the tree (or even reduce it outright to 20% max. and add a little more mitigation/HP to the VK tree in compensation)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XxShunsuixX View Post

54/24 rb/vk is impossible you do not get 78 points to spend

Shun, typo. I meant 52/24. Didn't really expect a smart*ss response from you. However, mea culpa. If someone has at least a 52/24 or a 51/25 build, I would appreciate it.

Thurfor

Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    It is noteworthy that this build would probably not be as viable without the last minute change in gifts before 2.0. Tanking and dps used to be separated by 1% damage per soul point spent, now it is just 0.5%. Going 24 points into a tank soul only costs a 12% primary damage modifier, vs 24%. At the same time damage modifiers had to be increased in the branches to compensate for the reduction in gift. It is kind of funny that the developer's response to the community clamoring for a normalization of the Gift between callings led to a new OP gimmick spec.
    This gimmick spec is still much simpler to balance than those 2% gifts though. Remember Discharge?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thurfir View Post
    Shun, typo. I meant 52/24. Didn't really expect a smart*ss response from you. However, mea culpa. If someone has at least a 52/24 or a 51/25 build, I would appreciate it.

Thurfor
    was not meant to be a smartass comment sry you took it that way
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    This gimmick spec is still much simpler to balance than those 2% gifts though. Remember Discharge?
    Everything can be balanced, whether with a 2%, 1%, or 0% gift, one just has to look at the full picture, including ability base damage, gear scaling, branch modifiers, etc. If Discharge would have been the only problem one could have easily slashed its base damage and added extra threat since it is meant as a ranged tanking or pulling ability. Only thing I am saying is that the whole system is a lot too complicated to believe that turning and normalizing a single knob would magically fix any imbalances and not cause problems elsewhere.

And no, I am not arguing to go back to the old modifiers, this train moved on, I only hope that developers stop! listening to the forums on how to balance classes and base decisions primarily on data, experience and research. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't have an open ear to the players about bugs and imbalances.
    Last edited by Perros_The_Second; 01-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    This is false, you get 1% per point in Riftblade and much less per point in Void Knight.
    you're right it is 1% so you do technically gain .5%
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage

Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    Everything can be balanced, whether with a 2%, 1%, or 0% gift, one just has to look at the full picture, including ability base damage, gear scaling, branch modifiers, etc. If Discharge would have been the only problem one could have easily slashed its base damage and added extra threat since it is meant as a ranged tanking or pulling ability. Only thing I am saying is that the whole system is a lot too complicated to believe that turning and normalizing a single knob would magically fix any imbalances and not cause problems elsewhere.

And no, I am not arguing to go back to the old modifiers, this train moved on, I only hope that developers stop! listening to the forums on how to balance classes and base decisions primarily on data, experience and research. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't have an open ear to the players about bugs and imbalances.
    It wasn't the only problem, just the most obvious example. Having a difference of 2% vs 0.5% between DPS and tank, where other classes had a difference of 1% vs 0.5%, was only going to lead to more issues between the classes, not just the souls.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast