Closed Thread

Thread: Deathtoll

Default Deathtoll

Anyone ever test this trinket out? thinking it maybe better than GI/Conquest trinket but not sure how often it proccs.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Hard to beat static stat boosts. Same reason why greaters generally suck.

I picked that thing up and its pretty useless in 51RB because it only procs off melee attacks and between Flame and Stone spear and Shock Pulse for Amped/disconnects, that pretty much kills its proc rate.

I could see it maybe being good in Paragon but still probably not better than a static stat boost from the CQ trinket.
    XAVEN - Warrior - Deepwood
    Virus
    (4/4) TDQ - (4/4) FT - (5/5) EE

I've had it for all of about 5 days and I've noticed a slight dps improvement. Depending on the fight and number of disconnects I have seen it provide anywhere from 200-250 dps.
    Dragons Bound: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First)
    -Vendetta- Warrior Lead, recruiting all classes for 3.0 progression!

I've parsed it at anywhere between 242 and 286 dps at the dummy dual wielding in RB.

On dungeon bosses it seems to span 100 dps to 250 dps, and at times it seems to parse very low even with 0 disconnects (147 dps on Manslaughter in melee range full time, for example).

I think "in practice" the CQ trinket may still be a better choice. Spectral Hand procs for crap on the dummy for me, so I haven't bothered trying it "in the wild" yet.

thnx for responding guys, i tried it out on my dummy also, not very good. might stash it or just runebreak it....

cmon trion wtb usefull trinkets
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

The problem right now is that our DPS gets MURDERED on disconnects. I've seen it fall off as well as Spectral Hand, which leads me to think the minor DPS increase is not worth it if you cannot keep it up 100% of the time. I've gone back to the CQ Trinket.

Our DPS didn't exactly have issues before because it was always "closer ---> a BIG HIT", not like now when it's "closer ---> DOT". Who decided to go in this DoTs direction, it's boring, it's not fun. I didn't play a Warrior to play it like a Mage or a Rogue (Heck even Rogues do more physical). I want to use my Sword TRION! Please!

You should see the Greater Essence I found "chance on damage to heal your pet". I was almost on the floor...
    Last edited by Byaku; 12-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.

I only use it when two variables are true: using paragon spec and fight with very little disconnect. If either of those variables are false then do not use 'The Death Toll'.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    I've parsed it at anywhere between 242 and 286 dps at the dummy dual wielding in RB.

On dungeon bosses it seems to span 100 dps to 250 dps, and at times it seems to parse very low even with 0 disconnects (147 dps on Manslaughter in melee range full time, for example).

I think "in practice" the CQ trinket may still be a better choice. Spectral Hand procs for crap on the dummy for me, so I haven't bothered trying it "in the wild" yet.
    I personally find The Spectral Hand to be about 200dps, would be nice if it didnt fall off as much as it seems too. It works with tempest as well so thats always nice. But, like you said the straight stat boost of the CQ trinkets are a reliable dps increases, with no rng or downtime.
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 12-24-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    4/4FT 5/5EE
    Nerva@Deepwood

I don't have Death Toll - here is some other trinky feedback though.

Spectral Hand was consistently 1% of my dps breakdown on anything when I have used it. Including raids, solo, 5man. I think one time it was 4% and i was excited ... but it never happened again. I don't know if 1% is gold or garbage, I assume its crap.

Golem Inductor: Fair experiences using Golem Inductor with Tempest, and especially with 61 Champion. My 5-stack never falls off when I am rolling Champion on sustained AE. I've seen the 4-pc raid crystal and I hope they give us at least one raid fight where we can pull Champ for 5+ minutes because it's very fun. Miss you PotH

Just yesterday got the lvl 50 conq trinket with ap. It's a flat 80ish ap and 20ish phys crit. I intend to use this probably for everything but no-dc extended AE.

Has anyone actually tested any of the dmg proc Greater Essences? Even if it's just opinion it would be nice to hear more than nothing about them

All DPS trinkets (not just these) seem to have absurdly low proc rates that relegate them to useless. I cannot count the conversations I had the last few months of Chocolate Rift with warriors on many servers about GI stacks falling off and the ID version of GI and whether or not it could maintain more than 4 stacks reliably, etc etc... The fact that we have to have these debates is proof enough, and my own testing with GI (and the ID upgrade which name escapes me) at the start of SL prompted me to just runebreak both of them.

Here's the kicker: If a passive-stat trinket parses CLOSE to a proc trinket on a stand-still, stationary, perfect conditions test dummy... then it's simply the better choice when you roll into a real fight.

Right now there's another thing that plagues warrior builds (almost all of them) that another trinket can solve... and that's ramp-up time (and target swapping). You can't really solve target swapping with this trinket, but grab an Alsbeth trinket and click that (and swap back to CQ) just before combat starts and it'll start you off with 145 extra AP, which softens the blow of low DPS as you START combat. Since DPS meters are an average, a good start to combat is actually very critical. You can test at a dummy with and without it. Your parses with the pre-trinket will typically be higher until around ~6 minutes of constant combat, before the non-pre-trinket parse will start comparing.

Proc trinkets, and proc greaters, simply need to proc more often. Honestly, Death Toll would be far superior if it procced for far less but was guaranteed to proc on every hit. Or if its chance to proc increased with every attack that didn't proc it.

Additionally, I don't like Spectral Hand because of the same issue above: target swapping. There's a lot of that in SL, and every one of those fights devalues SH further.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    Proc trinkets, and proc greaters, simply need to proc more often. Honestly, Death Toll would be far superior if it procced for far less but was guaranteed to proc on every hit. Or if its chance to proc increased with every attack that didn't proc it.
    Can you try Death Toll & run a 61champion parse on the group of 8-10 dummies? I am curious to see what the damage % of the trinket is compared to it's % of a single target parse. Just since I get better GI procs in AE - I wonder if there will be better DT Procs, if so it might mean that Greater Essence dmg proc scale w/ AE too

Closed Thread