Closed Thread

Thread: Tempest PvP

Soulwalker

Default Tempest PvP

Current in my 40s, with purple/blue level-steady gear ... in PvP; Tempest just cannot seem to do enough DPS to down tanks and healers; especially Paladins and Clerics. Even in groups, I noticed the Soul really lacks any burst DPS ... only time I can do any damage is with Lightning Torrent, but it typically isn't enough to finish anyone off outside of some paper-thin DPS spec.

I heard Tempest does not really work well until 61 points in, which means level 60; which I find to be a piss poor soul design.

Champion

nah bro tempest has hella burst
    Osteo

tempest is awesome but needs to be paired with RB for the burst finishers.

the two souls synergise really well, spreading your points between the two will result not just in better burst, but harder hitting builders too.

Rift Chaser

Default my two cents

Most people who pvp often have seen me in warfronts(Nefy) with that being said bursting down healers is about the hardest thing to do atm if they are good. Mainly due to the fact you need your entire rotation up if they are a chloro with hots on.

what you can do and tempest is very situational but one general rule of thumb: 2 ap with your general builder > delayed blast > arc > Charged pulse > double pulse > dual pulse > finisher > Disorienting blast > lightning torrent(watch for interupt) then spam finishers/builders as needed.

not much will withstand that, only thing that may is a chloro with bard/cleric hots on. but if thats the case then just burst down the dps and save healers/tanks for last imo.

If you really think they will be that hard to kill and you have time then be sure to put your 3 dots up before your burst - which should kill anything including tanks if you time your stun right for the self heals.

Also, 61 Temp, 8rb,5para(leaves you 2 points to play with) is about the best hitting spec i have found.

not saying much most people didnt know im sure, but just figured i would throw it out there

First off, your only in your 40s. In the 40s (my rogue is 44), healing classes are ridiculous in PvP. Most of the healing builds, or even healing hybrid builds, will kill warrior/rogue classes with incredibly low difficulty, as they bunny hop around the battlefield healing themselves with instant casts and shields.

Secondly.... you're in your 40s. There really isn't much burst dps to be had in the warrior souls to begin with. The best it gets is a good combination of Tempest / Riftblade / Void Knight, and even then it's still not going to be amazing, and is frequently out-healed by an instant heal or two.
    This game could be great if it wasn't for so many players believing that "all classes can fill multiple roles" means "your class should be best at every role."

Plane Touched

Tempest is probably the best spec for bursting down healers at the expense of any kind of defense. The key is to time your interrupts and your stun + delayed blast properly as well as maximizing your Arc finisher as was mentioned previously.

When i actually play my warrior in pvp. I play tempest
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Closed Thread