+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some upcoming Buffs and Fixes for 2.1

Or keep it at two minutes, but make the healing increase passive.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

So nerfed CD's and dps that STILL wont match the other classes.... nice work !
    Last edited by Krassus; 12-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mels View Post
    I cannot believe you made shield defense 2 mins, this is just dumb.

Listen since we have to speak simple let's make a quick trade:

take away 15% increased healing and keep shield defense 1 min

alternatively:

dont change anything and keep warrior as it is.

If you change anything even adding that crap 58 point cd and decide to destroy shield defense, you are just nerfing warrior even more.
    Stop listening to people that say it's op especially since those people probably don't raid.

DO NOT INCREASE CD ON SHIELD DEFENSE

It just seems most of us (warriors) just can't seem to come together on most issues which is probaly why we're seeing major changes to rb and now the cds. And in no way am I blaming other warriors for whatever nerfs we get as instrinc thinks, but constantly saying (just an example) things like para should do x amount of dps over rb will negatively impact rb. Same with the cds you had a few saying the changes were op without even testing them (as atrius himself even suggested). Did it seem op on paper perhaps but saying they were too much without even testing only just negatively influences atrius to feel like he may have overdone it when in reality he may not have. Same with the make para do x dps over rb given his track record you knew (well I dam sure did) that rb was gonna need to be significantly nerfed to make para seem viable. Again I am not pointing fingers all I'm saying is it just negatively influences him in ways we don't need. I'm done with that topic since there's no telling what's going to happen with the cds or rb. My only request to left is to please bump tempest dp up a bit did a 10 man last night and we are significantly behind ranged rogues and mages
    Last edited by Kiika; 12-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Agreed completely.

I am interested to see what the reasoning is behind lengthening the CD of the abilities. Was it due to the new 30-second cool down abilities? This is going to make Reaver even more behind the rest now that one of its only cool down abilities now has a two minute cool down.
    I think everytime Atrius changes something for the better for warriors he has someone come up to him in the office, probably the other class devs saying "hey you cant do that thats so op! I will fix the [insert class here] so they aren't a lot better than warriors i promise!" then walk away chuckling to themselves with a smirk on their face.

Seriously now Atrius, 2.1 is live next week.... Just fix the cooldown, put 5-10% dmg buff on tempest 61 ability, un-nerf the RB, give the Para a dmg boost on the 61 point ability and your done.

Whats so hard about that? Talk about making things hard for yourself.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

We have a 39 page thread titled: Some upcoming Buffs and Fixes for 2.1

Why are we not actually seeing buffs that are very needed? Tempest is not buffed. RB is not buffed. Paragon is not buffed. None of these are buffed in comparison to dps that other classes can currently dish out. (I can't speak for tanking)

We have realistically 2 more working days for us to get fixed. Why are we still so far off target?

How many hot fixes will it take?

I am trying to remain positive, I really am, but my patience is seriously thinning at this point.
    Last edited by Kaybriar; 12-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Kaybye ~

Anyone else getting a popup after hotfix 5.5 saying "You are not running the porper version of the game"
    "There was a green branch hung with many a bell
    When her own people ruled this tragic Eire;
    And from its murmuring greenness, calm of Faery,
    A Druid kindness, on all hearers fell" -William Butler Yeats

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solsthime View Post
    Anyone else getting a popup after hotfix 5.5 saying "You are not running the porper version of the game"
    would that be hotfix 5.5 or hotfix 55? im expecting the next patch notes to say something along the lines of the following

"in light of the massive fail that is the warrior class, we are giving free lvl60 characters of choise to those who have a warrior main"

Quote Originally Posted by Solsthime View Post
    I was, now it's just showing locked shards.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    It just seems most of us (warriors) just can't seem to come together on most issues which is probaly why we're seeing major changes to rb and now the cds. And in no way am I blaming other warriors for whatever nerfs we get as instrinc thinks, but constantly saying (just an example) things like para should do x amount of dps over rb will negatively impact rb. Same with the cds you had a few saying the changes were op without even testing them (as atrius himself even suggested). Did it seem op on paper perhaps but saying they were too much without even testing only just negatively influences atrius to feel like he may have overdone it when in reality he may not have. Same with the make para do x dps over rb given his track record you knew (well I dam sure did) that rb was gonna need to be significantly nerfed to make para seem viable. Again I am not pointing fingers all I'm saying is it just negatively influences him in ways we don't need. I'm done with that topic since there's no telling what's going to happen with the cds or rb. My only request to left is to please bump tempest dp up a bit did a 10 man last night and we are significantly behind ranged rogues and mages
    this makes no sense, no one cried for rb nerfs. rb is fine on live, just fix rift implosion and rb would be perfect for fights with aoe and st. what some warriors want including myself is paragon to be top st spec which is correct since it serves no other purpose. He could of left RB alone and made para does X% above RB to make it competitive with other classes ST dps. not buff paragon to rbs's old status and nerf rb. thats the dumbest solution ever. Granted i dont think this is what our dev intended and hopefully it gets fixed.
    Last edited by dday; 12-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Rift Chaser

I wonder...

Can Atrius just "make" a lvl 60, then log onto a Trial Server, where there will not be anybody above lvl 20, and do his testing in "our" environment?

Im not trying to be disrespectful, but Atrius, it feels like you are testing everything in your own little world. The world of only warrior code, where only warrior things apply. This is the right place to be for development and initial testing, but real testing needs to be done in an environment where ALL the code is in effect, such that it includes all the hiccups and oddities that we experience.

Plane Touched

Do not increase the damn shield defense cooldown

Atrius, if for some reason you are set in stone on the increased CD on shield defense and crest then pally and reaver both need passive healing increases, just change the pally CD one to be passive and add one in reaver somewhere high in the tree/deep in the roots. Then all of our souls can have a healing taken buff just like rogues and clerics do.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Let's just keep everything as it is, that at least saves me the 1 plat per role of respeccing.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    this makes no sense, no one cried for rb nerfs. rb is fine on live, just fix rift implosion and rb would be perfect for fights with aoe and st. what some warriors want including myself is paragon to be top st spec which is correct since it serves no other purpose. He could of left RB alone and made para does X% above RB to make it competitive with other classes ST dps. not buff paragon to rbs's old status and nerf rb. thats the dumbest solution ever. Granted i dont think this is what our dev intended and hopefully it gets fixed.

It makes no sense but it isn't wrong. It's classic dev style. People ask for soul to be better than other souls, wish granted...the other solves are nerfed. It's like dealing with an evil genie, you get what you want but not how you wanted it.

As for the CD nerf. As soon as new CDs appeared people started crying that it was going to be OP (many without even testing) now they nerf one of them and everyone is up in arms. Make up your mind people

Champion

you guys are so paranoid about RB. something is clearly wrong.

they "fixed" a backend bug on RB bursts, this resulted in RB dps going up 2-3k.

atrius said he wasnt going to nerf RB ( compared to live) but this bugfix put RB too high, so he lowered one talent by 5%.

this somehow resulted in the original 2-3k dps increase going away and in addition the 5% talent to knock off an additional 500dps putting it behind where it is on live.

backend bugs are not vindictive nerfs, it makes balancing hard as hell when stuff isnt working right. the backend stuff needs to be fixed or were always going to have this see saw effect.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast