Apparently I'm a Mage Class Officer?
My Storm Legion Tanking Spreadsheet ~Updated for 2.2~Because Raivee made me: TopofRift.com
It's not that warrior threat is bad persay, but it's only worth a damne if we can get to the boss or additional adds that are out of our taunt or pull range. Some form of intercept needs to be reimplemented into the tank trees to give warriors a little bit of love and reduce the aggravation that is add pick up for our class. I'm sure you'll yell fowl though because you have a tendency to be stubborn when it comes to legitimate changes.There is a thread in the Warrior Guides section with the top 3 tanking specs (courtesy of RoughRaptors). Warrior threat is in a good place at the moment. Rogues/clerics are easier to heal, but by 2.1 this shouldnt be an issue.
Irunai of Laethys
I am not currently looking deeply at the Warlord. Getting DPS back up and tanking issues has been my main focus of late. But it will be looked at as soon as those things get handled.
That does not mean I am ignoring WL, just not taking a deep look.
Last edited by Atrius; 12-04-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Are you currently looking at the lackluster shielding that VK has? Devouring Shield scaling off AP for a tank is just stupid tbh and it should really scale off something else, I dunno maybe endurance . I don't think that Devouring Shield needs to be this all powerful self buff, because it is spammable and all, but still. Rift Shield isn't shielding for what the tooltip says either, because, it says 715 per stack but when I pop it at five stacks I'm only getting a shield for 2300 or so and it should be 3500 give or take. Furthermore, Protective Shield could be a nice one minute shield but I can understand why you don't make it all that powerful since you only need 35 in VK to obtain it. If you were to switch Spell Destruction (54vk) with Protective Shield then you could power it up and it wouldn't be OP since you have to make a significant investment into VK to get it and it would allow for some more utility to be injected into VK in the form of the AoE cleanse and purge. While I think Spell Destruction is great, it really should be on a 30sec CD at a minimum regardless of whether you change it out with Protective Shield.
Irunai of Laethys
Atrius, Enrage from BM is still interrupting itself more times than it successfully casts and its energy usage is ridiculous. I could forego the energy issues since you can manage it better in raids, but the Enrage interruption is really annoying.
I know many of you have been waiting with baited breath. So here is a list of some of the upcoming changes.
- Discharged Defenses now includes the text "And Resistances"
- Reduced Internal cooldown on Arc so it plays better with Wavelength
- Removed the Damage debuff on Alacrity
- Strike Like Iron now has a 15s buff
- Reduced Internal cooldown on Sweeping Blades and Shifting Blades so they play better with Alacrity
- Ready Posture now only reduces damage by 20% instead of 40%.
- Down and Dirty has changed, now it just increases damage by 2/4% and decreases damage taken by 2/4%.
- Tactical Surge now also increases healing taken
- Seasoned now also increases the healing on Recovery Posture
- Pacification is no longer a debuff on the target but is a buff on the Paladin. This is so that the Paladin gets this bonus against all enemies, not just the one he hit with PacifyingStrike
- Light’s Benediction is no longer a debuff on the target but is a buff on the Paladin. This is so that the Paladin gets this bonus against all enemies, not just the one he hit with Light's Benediction.
- Shield of the Light has been changed to Aegis of the Light, which Reduces incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds. 30s Cooldown.
- The Mitigation bonuses from Binding of Death are now always up, the player no longer needs to trigger them
- The Mitigation bonuses from Power From the Masses are now always up, the player no longer needs to trigger them
- Plague Eater has become Crest of Consumption, which Reduces incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds, and increases Soul Feast Healing by 20% for 15s. 30s Cooldown.
- Unstable Void is now a 1 hour self buff that increases the damage they do, increases their endurance, and reduces the damage they take.
- Power Shield now consumes up to 5 Pacts to reduce incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds. 30s Cooldown.
The largest omission from this list is Champion ST damage changes. Unfortunately Tanking issues have taken most of my time, I elected to push Champion Single Target off because their AOE is still decent, so they are filling their role, and with Paragon buffed it that should help with DPS issues. But they are still on my list.
Last edited by Atrius; 12-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Is the 10% mitigation buff not part of the list? I see tweaks that were needed but paladins still take more damage when dealing with one mob than the other classes. The cool-down only helps bridge the gap between Rogues and Clerics cool-downs, but that's it.