+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tempest with paragon soul

Default Tempest with paragon soul

Why are people using "Combat Precision" from the paragon soul? Isn't all the tempest attacks elemental and therefor already ignores armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Telaran

I wonder this exact same thing. not to mention, Flame Spear, being an Elemental, Ranged, Builder, gets most of the perks that you spec into and have buffs for in the rotation, it's only shortcoming as an ability is it's slightly shorter range to the rest of Tempest powers...

you would think that initially; as did I and one of my guildies; however it seems that overall the 15 in paragon does a ton more for you than allocating points into riftblade, the main reason for this is that even though your attacks are elemental based they still scale better off STR and AP which at 15 points into paragon you get +15%...its not so much the first 10 points in paragon that matter as the last 5 for the strength buff, that and the /15 para rotation seems to do about 1000-1500 dps more than the /15rb having tested both, that is the disparity I noticed.
    Last edited by Aasterinian; 11-25-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: accuracy

Ladonna: 60 Warrior, Greybriar P52
    Astilabor: 50 Rogue, Greybriar P26
    Aurilla: 50 Mage, Greybriar P2
    Falazure: 50 Cleric, Greybriar
    Formerly of Millrush

RIFT Guide Writer

I've tried building 5 Para 10 Champ so you're basically swapping 10% armour bypass for 10% more damage on finishers.

Logically it should be a DPS increase, but it was actually a loss.

Armour bypass is certainly doing something for tempest.

Test it out.

Normal: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../VkGaGBkGll4/2
    With champ:: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...VkGaGBkGll4/7k
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 11-25-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Quote Originally Posted by Aasterinian View Post
    you would think that initially; as did I and one of my guildies; however it seems that overall the 15 in paragon does a ton more for you than allocating points into riftblade, the main reason for this is that even though your attacks are elemental based they still scale better off STR and AP which at 15 points into paragon you get +15%...its not so much the first 10 points in paragon that matter as the last 5 for the strength buff, that and the /15 para rotation seems to do about 1000-1500 dps more than the /15rb having tested both, that is the disparity I noticed.
    I guess you are doing something wrong if you put rb in your tempest soul....the 15% more str results vs rb in about 100 dmg more for builders and 150-200 less dmg for finisher also you don`t have flamespear or the 6% higher proc chance of Stormblade and the 15% is not really a high crit increase.
    Wonder how you get a difference from 1k+ dps with this.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 11-25-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I guess you are doing something wrong if you put rb in your tempest soul....the 15% more str results vs rb in about 100 dmg more for builders and 150-200 less dmg for finisher also you don`t have flamespear or the 6% higher proc chance of Stormblade and the 15% is not really a high crit increase.
    Wonder how you get a difference from 1k+ dps with this.
    I must suck because I am parsing almost dead even with 15rb vs 15 pa... I do not get 1k more dps...
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    I must suck because I am parsing almost dead even with 15rb vs 15 pa... I do not get 1k more dps...
    My highest parsing build out of the 3 I have tried is 61temp/10rb/5pa, again maybe I am doing something wrong... who knows
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

10rb/5para sounds good in the way of dps Guess 15rb will be the smarter choice if boss does a lot of aoes.

+ Reply to Thread