+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Quarolise View Post
    so u rly think WARRIOR range specc should be equal to MAGE range specc? u must be kidding
    being as most fights I have seen from 10man raids/20man raids and experts being melee unfriendly why shouldn't warriors be close to equal with mages and clerics. we can't be in melee.. oh and melee isn't even beating clerics or mages at ranged still so why do we need to be ***ed in both aspects?
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    2 rogues to make a thread about certain warrior builds and abilites and we would get nerfed based on dumb **** like that. Its really unprofessional and unacceptable
    It's always been rogues and Trion's giant pants tent for them. Rogue in the main movie, rogues characters for just about every press event, they all openly admit they play rogues. Even Daglar seemingly has an open affection for them.

Rogues also did the Sykes–Picot Agreement.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Shadowlander

Perhaps, they want warriors to move to tanking? Warrior dps sucks balls since October. The only viable spec is RB coupled with something else. They are pushing buffs to RB and nerfing everything else. Also, most bosses I've seen so far are so melee unfriendly warriors might just retire and play pazaak- oh, that's already another game.

so u rly think WARRIOR range specc should be equal to MAGE range specc? u must be kidding
    Are you eff'ing with us?!?!

Gotta be a troll...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaun View Post
    Bioelectric transfer removed.

There goes my great solo build.
    There goes every warrior's great solo build you mean.

I've been pretty patient with this BS so far, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I am pissed off about these changes and at Trion/Atrius.

Ascendant

Yes.
    It is a ranged spec just like other mage RANGED specs.
    They should be equal just as a mage's melee specs should be equal to a warror's melee spec.

That way, people can be equal, but do things ina way that pleases them best.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    It's always been rogues and Trion's giant pants tent for them. Rogue in the main movie, rogues characters for just about every press event, they all openly admit they play rogues. Even Daglar seemingly has an open affection for them.

Rogues say the same about warriors.
    Mages and CLerics say the same about warriors.
    Warriors blame rogues though.

Just pointing out that it is silly to point fingers at who is favored and who is not since one's opinion is colored on what they play.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

I'm pretty sure Rogues invaded Poland in 1939 too.

Rogues are literally Hitler.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rogues invaded Poland in 1939 too.

Rogues are literally Hitler.
    And so it has come to this.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barakas View Post
    Are you eff'ing with us?!?!

Gotta be a troll...
    if u want range dps, roll a mage
    if i want melee dps i roll a warrior or rogue (rather rogue coz warrior is unstable class)

i'm not trolling at all, but u just cant set the warrior with his 1 range specc on same dps spot as a mage is, the mage who is THE range class

if harbinger is doing same dmg as a warrior does with his top melee specc it should be changed asap, coz the mage is not meant to outdps a melee class in melee... my opinion, same as a warrior is not meant to outdps or equal dps the range class mage

ye it is a joke how warrior is changing atm like each week new hotfixes, on the other hand we have since addon launch the OP cleric in pvp and nothing changes

my opinion
    Your opinion is not shared by any of the developers, based on their stated goals. Tough luck.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #102
    Rift Team

Many of you are aware that I like to try to communicate the why and what of how we decide to make changes, so I am posting here to explain the changes that went live. Please be aware that many of these changes are the first step. If you are upset or feeling like things are coming in too low, I ask and encourage you to send me parses of what is too low. many other people have and some eve got me to come into game to watch them parse and see what they are doing. There are four issues here we sought to fix with these changes.

1) 50 Paragon was being synergized with other souls to get numbers well above our targets and what other Callings could get (We base this on parses sent to us which were then double checked by us and broken down to identify where the DPS was coming from). 60 Paragon was coming in about 12% under target on every parse we were getting. So we pulled some DPS enhancement out of the Paragon tree at the 40-51 range (Primarily Setting Moon and Rift Strike) and added that bonus to the 50-60 level range by reducing the damage penalty to Alacrity. Then we ran parses using the builds and in some cases copied versions of characters used in those parses to see where our targets were coming in. At 50 we were coming in about 5% low but at 60 we were now hitting the targets we should be, 10%-12% above where we were hitting before.

2) 60 Tempest was coming in at the target we wanted but 50 Tempest was coming in well below what we wanted, once again almost 10-12%. Once again we base this information off parses we received and tested ourselves. We then reduced Tempest damage at 60 by lowering the bonus on Wavelength and increasing several lower abilities. We also had several reports on Tempest feeling clunky because of the 3 second cast on Charged Pulse being so common (This was especially an issue when using Wavelength as it did not reduce the cast time on Charged Pulse) So we increased the cooldown on Charged Pulse and then reduced the cooldown on Dual Pulse and increased it's damage to make up for the loss of Charged Pulse being a longer cooldown. The end cooldown on Charged Pulse before was 10s (15s reduced to 10s by Quick Recharge), now it is 15s (20s reduced by 5s from Quick Recharge). Also, we cleaned up the cooldown on Double Pulse to have it match Charged Pulse so now you should get a Double Pulse every time you use Charged Pulse instead of 2/3rds of the time like you did before.

3) Wavelength and Alacrity used to have a wide disparity in their damage bonus which suggested a very large disparity between these two souls at level 60 and pre level 60. With the changes we made, it allowed us to reduce both values and bring their power level closer together.

4) Bioelectric Transfer. I know you guys loved this ability, but when we evaluated what it was doing Daglar and I came to the conclusion that it would have to be nerfed as much if not more than the nerf to abilities like Recovery Posture and Blade of Elemental Affinity. I decided that if we did that the ability would become useless and completely unused so I decided to replace it with something that would help the Tempest gain some DPS advantage. I know you want Bioelectric Transfer back, but in the shape it would have been in I felt it would have been wasted.

There are your reasons for what was done, now I ask you all to please send me your parses if you feel you are hitting numbers under what you should. I will look at those parses and see what I can do. Complaints I can not help with, but proof of a disparity or lack of power I can definitely do something with, and will be happy to do so.

Thank you all for your continued passion and feedback.
    Last edited by Atrius; 11-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Your opinion is not shared by any of the developers, based on their stated goals. Tough luck.
    what is their goal? design every class the same, so everyone can do the same no matter what class he is playing?

i see warriors invisible, warriors range specc, clerics reflecting dmg, clerics blinking, mages melee, rogue.. well they can do almost everything anyway

if u want range dps, roll a mage
    if i want melee dps i roll a warrior or rogue (rather rogue coz warrior is unstable class)

i'm not trolling at all, but u just cant set the warrior with his 1 range specc on same dps spot as a mage is, the mage who is THE range class

if harbinger is doing same dmg as a warrior does with his top melee specc it should be changed asap, coz the mage is not meant to outdps a melee class in melee... my opinion, same as a warrior is not meant to outdps or equal dps the range class mage

ye it is a joke how warrior is changing atm like each week new hotfixes, on the other hand we have since addon launch the OP cleric in pvp and nothing changes
    This isnt WoW. Rift is not bound to those rules that were created by Blizzard.

BTW how does a Rogue fit into your scenario? Are they supposed to be **** at melee and **** at ranged because they are neither Warrior or Mage?

Tell me what is the point in all these souls if there is only one way to play a archetype?
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    4) Bioelectric Transfer. I know you guys loved this ability, but when we evaluated what it was doing Daglar and I came to the conclusion that it would have to be nerfed as much if not more than the nerf to abilities like Recovery Posture and Blade of Elemental Affinity. I decided that if we did that the ability would become useless and completely unused so I decided to replace it with something that would help the Tempest gain some DPS advantage. I know you want Bioelectric Transfer back, but in the shape it would have been in I felt it would have been wasted.
    Well if you removed Bioelectric Transfer instead of nerfing it, you should have done the same to Recovery Posture and Blade of Elemental Affinity, because in their current states they are also useless. The only reason they get used is because we HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. Every other class solos better than us now, more damage and more healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast