+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #241
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Atrius; had a thought on the way home from work.

If you've got access to the information, look and see (game wide) how many of each class have hit 60 vs. the total number of people in that class. I.E. get a % of the class that has reached the SL level cap. If you see a disparity of warriors below that of other classes, it would indicate (least to me) that soloing is slower for warriors vs other classes, and would indicate that survivability needs to be looked at first.

If the percentage is even, then an argument for a DPS-first approach can be made.
    It's fairly even.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Adding to this.
    1) Beastmaster. Seems good for a support soul right now.
    2) Warlord. I want to get the Paragon to a happy place before I look into several reported issues here. Any changes made to Paragon, Riftblade, and Champion will impact the DPS capabilities of this soul. Please keep in mind that this soul's goal was never raiding, it was intended for PVP, levelling, and soloing. So if it is good at those and not as good at raiding as Paragon, Riftblade, Tempest, and Champion then I am ok with that.
    3) Tempest. This is intended to be Ranged DPS, behind Paragon for ST DPS.

If you are finding any of these to not be true. Please send me parses of that fact. This is the most effective and efficient way to help make the Warrior calling more viable.
    For the love of god can we get a friking snare? WL has pull and charge but when they go boucing away it is back to craptastic dps. Seriously, look at mage Harbinger tree. Stun, ports (including leap back) snare, ability to turn their melee to range. Hell, they are better suited for melee pvp than warriors.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #243
    Rift Team

I copied a couple people's characters and played them on live (Changed their names to protect the innocent) and this is what I found.

Survivability
    Against a single target as just about anything I was fine, the problem comes from multiple enemies. Does this match what people have been seeing as a problem?

DPS
    • Paragon seemed solid, though low in the 40-50 range. I was near the top of the charts for damage in a couple PVP matches and was second dps in an IA run. At 60 my DPS was solid and I came in at the top of IA damage.
    • Tempest was strong DPS, I was near top of PVP charts and was the top in aseveral IA runs. 60 proved to be the same.
    • Riftblade came in at the same value or a little ahead of the Paragon at 50 and close but behind the Paragon at 60.

I am pretty happy with the survivability of my solo build (been 60 for 2 days now) and it served me well for my entire time leveling, xxchamp/11wl/4rb is what I finally settled in on. Its single target is meh, but since ita supposed to be a mass kill spec that is to be expected. as far as what you should address first, survivability wouldn't be my main concern, but you could probably just double the heals on recovery/boea/wots and call it good. Fix the dps stuff so you can get on to stuff I care about like tank energy management.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Intrinsic; you are a fantastic warrior that contributes, helps, and is an overall boon to the warrior community. However, I'd disagree with you for the very reasons you posted. Leveling IS finite, which is why it needs to be fixed asap...while folks are leveling. Once that's done, then a flip to DPS issues would coincide nicely with a larger percentage of warriors being in dungeons, experts, and raiding.

It's just an opinion (and one that actually goes against my personal interests....i'm 60, with one piece needed to have the reqs for experts), but I think it'd probably benefit a greater chunk of the playerbase to do survivability first.
    That is why I agree that survive ability should be addressed first so he can spend the rest of the time focusing on the infinite quest for stable DPS.

Right now, he is going to address Tempest, then surviveability(which will be too late for most), then back to DPS. I don't see that as stable work flow.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 11-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

• Paragon seemed solid, though low in the 40-50 range. I was near the top of the charts for damage in a couple PVP matches and was second dps in an IA run. At 60 my DPS was solid and I came in at the top of IA damage.
    • Tempest was strong DPS, I was near top of PVP charts and was the top in aseveral IA runs. 60 proved to be the same.
    • Riftblade came in at the same value or a little ahead of the Paragon at 50 and close but behind the Paragon at 60.
    I already got a warning tonight for trolling so I will do my best to remain composed. Are you actually saying that since you came in near the top of dps in an Instant Adventure with Tempest that this justifies your decision to nerf our damage by 20%?
    Last edited by Kaybriar; 11-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Kaybye ~

I copied a couple people's characters and played them on live (Changed their names to protect the innocent) and this is what I found.

Survivability
    Against a single target as just about anything I was fine, the problem comes from multiple enemies. Does this match what people have been seeing as a problem?

DPS
    I just know from my experience of running Pally/Champ through leveling my warrior main and the little I did with my undergeared 50 mage harbinger/chloro. I can still barely pull more than 2 or 3 mobs and live vs consistent pulls with the mage walking away with full health/mana at the end of every multiple 4-5 mob pulls.

I agree we can't seriously up the output of damage on the warriors but not having any healing class available to up our survivability is depressing when I can "outperform" my warrior in melee by mashing a few buttons and not really pay attention to what I'm doing on my mage. Not sure how bard plays into rogue leveling builds and how much the heals they can put out play with that. (I have not at all messed or even looked at beastmaster so I really don't even know what's in that soul).

Warriors have better armor and are simply too squishy when taking on multiple opponents compared to the other classes abilities to heal themselves or avoid getting hit.

Soulwalker

Survivability

DPS
    Did you happen to do any tests of those souls in PVE settings, such as dungeons? Dungeon bosses are generally the best way to stress test a DPS build imho, and allow you to see how the DPS stands up in real time while dealing with mechanics. It's great that I can do great DPS in PVP, but I NEED to do comparable DPS in raids and dungeons. I see you did some tests in IA's but that requires minimal mechanics and most people who are running finely tuned specs are more likely to be in dungeons or high-end rifts than in IAs. (So you aren't necessarily putting yourself up against the best competition.)
    US Greybriar
    Morinzil - Novelin - Kelsani - Renaissance
    <Jynxed>
    I wear many hats.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybriar View Post
    I already got a warning tonight for trolling so I will do my best to remain composed. Are you actually saying that since you came in near the top of dps in an Instant Adventure with Tempest that this justifies your decision to nerf our damage by 20%?
    ^^ What he said.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #250
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybriar View Post
    The damage buff from the level 60 buff was removed, this is true. That damage was then put back by increasing damage in several of the lower abilities and by the addition of Electricity Cascade. The end result should be a damage increase, unfortunately because Cascade was broken you are in fact getting a DPS loss without it. I apologize for this loss, it will be fixed with the next hotpatch. If you were below 58 Tempest you should have seen an increase in DPS.

Telaran

Survivability

DPS
    I'm going to try to stay composed as I answer this. In IAs people use their solo specs because they cannot rely on others to keep them up. Tempest was a solo spec with Bioelectric Transfer, but without heals it is not a solo spec. Solo specs are not looking for top dps, they are looking to stay alive. Warriors only options are Reaver dot specs and Warlord specs for that. If you want to test dps... go to a dummy. I'm parsing at 6.4k on the dummy on live. Yesterday I was at 7.5k or higher. In the 10 man all 4 classes were within 100 dps of each other. Now warriors are much lower than the other 3 classes. Please re-balance by losing some burst damage and raising consistent damage if you want to nerf Tempest's pvp potential so we stay in line in pve.

The damage buff from the level 60 buff was removed, this is true. That damage was then put back by increasing damage in several of the lower abilities and by the addition of Electricity Cascade. The end result should be a damage increase, unfortunately because Cascade was broken you are in fact getting a DPS loss without it. I apologize for this loss, it will be fixed with the next hotpatch. If you were below 58 Tempest you should have seen an increase in DPS.
    Thank you for the clarification
    Kaybye ~

Survivability

DPS
    Please for the love of god tell me you're not testing dps souls in IA's. I was topping DPS in grind specs and half-tank specs in IAs prior to SL, I wouldn't have called that a valid test.

I cannot get Paragon to parse higher than RB on a dummy.
    Tempest is sitting at 900 - 1200 net loss of DPS at the dummy, and more than 1100 behind RB.
    Paragon lacks any form of disconnect coverage of any significance.
    Meanwhile 54 RB / 22 Paragon (our highest at the dummy as of today) has mediocre RDPS (it's passable, not necessarily viable), our best ST DPS and nearly the same AoE as Champ until you get high mob counts.

PvP is also not a good judge of DPS for any warrior spec, especially Paragon (disconnects).

You want a healthy mixture of cross-class comparison dummy parses & raid boss DPS parses which include long fights (5+ minutes) with melee & ranged mechanics to dodge.

Mages are capable of 8500 rdps at the dummy in today's pre-raid gear (Intrinsc can send you some parses I'm sure).

Tempest is sitting at 6500~ right now without 1 finisher (which I doubt will bring us 2k).

54 RB 22 Paragon is parsing 7450 at the dummy (still 1k behind mage ranged DPS, and that's using half RDPS skills in the rotation).

Every other spec I test is parsing below 54 RB. And either mages need a serious nerf, or warriors need a serious buff if our melee range specs are THAT far behind in perfect conditions (no mechanics to dodge).

We're not fine. We're not even close to fine.
    Last edited by Wylt; 11-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #254
    Rift Team

I am testing DPS Souls in IA's, Out in the world on random mobs, in PVP, In Dungeons and running parses at the dummies. I posted that information in response to several comments that the only testing being done was obviously at the dummy.
    Last edited by Atrius; 11-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betoguerra View Post
    I'm parsing at 6.4k on the dummy on live. Yesterday I was at 7.5k or higher. In the 10 man all 4 classes were within 100 dps of each other. Now warriors are much lower than the other 3 classes.
    My testing has replicated these findings; about 6.2-6.3k on the dummy. Hopefully the disabled ability will make up the missing 1.2k+.
    Last edited by Pines; 11-20-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Grammar Hammer
    what is this I don't even

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast