+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

admittedly at the moment atrius it seems that sub 60 tempest has a dps boost after today's updates, though the loss of bioelectric tranfer has left us a tad squishy in this spec now...not sure about at 60 however as i am not there.

Ladonna: 60 Warrior, Greybriar P52
    Astilabor: 50 Rogue, Greybriar P26
    Aurilla: 50 Mage, Greybriar P2
    Falazure: 50 Cleric, Greybriar
    Formerly of Millrush

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    At 15 seconds CP times perfectly with Arc and an every-other-rotation FF, as well as the refresh on Flamespear.

At 10 seconds it only times with Dual, and actually screws up the timing of Arc & FF.

Put CP, Double & Dual all at a permanent (non-talented/talented) 15 seconds CD. They'll all sync better with Arc, FF, Flamespear.

Electricity Cascade, when you turn it back on, needs a CD too, ideally.

Get rid of Quick Recharge and replace it with:

1 - 1 point Quick Recharge that takes Focused Fire off the GCD
    2 - 1 point attack that hits 3% to 5% harder than Shock Pulse but has a 15 second CD

This would allow us to do something like:
    Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Focused Fire > Arc > New Attack > CP > Double Pulse > Flamespear > Skyfall > spam & finishers until CD
    ^ or something like that

The way the skills line up right now they step all over each other. Badly. And if they all go to 10 seconds while the CD's and finishers all remain 15, it continues to step all over the rotation.
    This.

The old rotation wasn't clunky at all, I was using one that was pretty damn smooth.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Fair enough, so let me speak to that by giving you my top 4 Priority list. (We have already fixed Electricity Cascade and will get it up with the next hotfix)

1) Fixing an issue where people are saying we destroyed their DPS, we are seeing reports of people 20% under where they should be on the forums. I have spent all day today asking for parses in between running parses of my own to identify this low DPS issue that people are upset about. This was not on my plate till this morning because it is in response to changes.

2) Survivability issues in DPS souls

3) Champion ST DPS
    Thanks for fixing EC.

I would argue that positions 1 and 2 should be flipped; as I stated before, I would wager more warriors are leveling up, rather than 60...and certainly more are leveling up as opposed to raiding currently. Fixing the survivability issues would have broader implications and value to the majority of the playerbase, rather than fixing the parse meters of the few raiding warriors that are out there currently.

Do both need to be fixed? Yes. I would just change the order...especially since warriors have been providing information about how self heals/survivability have been lacking since beta. Fixing that would ease the pain of a lot of warriors, and help restore faith in the class.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #214
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    At 15 seconds CP times perfectly with Arc and an every-other-rotation FF, as well as the refresh on Flamespear.

At 10 seconds it only times with Dual, and actually screws up the timing of Arc & FF.

Put CP, Double & Dual all at a permanent (non-talented/talented) 15 seconds CD. They'll all sync better with Arc, FF, Flamespear.

Electricity Cascade, when you turn it back on, needs a CD too, ideally.

Get rid of Quick Recharge and replace it with:

1 - 1 point Quick Recharge that takes Focused Fire off the GCD
    2 - 1 point attack that hits 3% to 5% harder than Shock Pulse but has a 15 second CD

This would allow us to do something like:
    Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Focused Fire > Arc > New Attack > CP > Double Pulse > Flamespear > Skyfall > spam & finishers until CD
    ^ or something like that

The way the skills line up right now they step all over each other. Badly. And if they all go to 10 seconds while the CD's and finishers all remain 15, it continues to step all over the rotation.
    Will try out a few things with this.

RIFT Guide Writer

Call me greedy but I want charged lowerred in dps and cast te removed. I'm a warrior not a mage dammit. Some quality qq on here today but. We can no longer solo in a full dps spec. Who'd have thunk it. Guess we'll need an actual solo build. Big deal?
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Fair enough, so let me speak to that by giving you my top 4 Priority list. (We have already fixed Electricity Cascade and will get it up with the next hotfix)

1) Fixing an issue where people are saying we destroyed their DPS, we are seeing reports of people 20% under where they should be on the forums. I have spent all day today asking for parses in between running parses of my own to identify this low DPS issue that people are upset about. This was not on my plate till this morning because it is in response to changes.

2) Survivability issues in DPS souls

3) Champion ST DPS
    It's not mysterious. Go watch Domey and Intrinsc parse. Domey is ahead by over 2k at the dummy (2200 roughly). Unless Electricity Cascade is supposed to bring Tempest over 2k dps, we're broken (aside from the broken skill(s))

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    The comment about survivability not being a high priority didn't sit too well from what I can tell. I know

it made me scratch my head. The majority of people are leveling and will be for some time. Wouldn't

it make sense to place a higher priority on survivability and ease of leveling rather than concentrating

on an endgame imbalance that won't be seen for several weeks by most? Something as small as

adjusting Recovery Posture to 13-15% or buffing Jolt or increasing the proc chance in RB or adding

a heal again to block based abilities in Paladin. Those are the things that make most sense at

this point, at least to me. Adjusting the damage and such at level 60 could have been done in a

couple weeks, after some of the issues with survivability were addressed.

Obviously, it's hindsight now, but I think you're seeing the results of a frustrated player base that

just doesn't get why something like dps at end game was a higher priority than survivability.
    'cuz that's what people have been complaining about since the beginning of time.

Now granted, I don't get on the forums all that often, but dps and how it ranks with everyone else is usually what people scream about. And if you're constantly reacting to complaints about dos, you can see how that'd get prioritized.

I personally haven't been having problems soloing, but obviously some are. But the devs are in a hard position. You can't focus on everything, and you can't please everyone. Overcorrecting will upset an entirely different group.

Just can't win.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Call me greedy but I want charged lowerred in dps and cast te removed. I'm a warrior not a mage dammit.
    Marksman is already a big enough problem, let's not have another.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #219
    Rift Team

Ok, there may have been a misunderstanding in regards to what I felt the main concern is here. I felt your main concern was teh damage reduction and so I shifted my focus away from survivability to that to get it addressed. It became my main focus only because it seemed as if it was your main concern. That being said I will plan on a few changes suggested here regarding Tempest CD's and rotation, will shift my attention to survivability. Does that sound like it will better address where your big concerns are?

Ascendant

Ok, there may have been a misunderstanding in regards to what I felt the main concern is here. I felt your main concern was teh damage reduction and so I shifted my focus away from survivability to that to get it addressed. It became my main focus only because it seemed as if it was your main concern. That being said I will plan on a few changes suggested here regarding Tempest CD's and rotation, will shift my attention to survivability. Does that sound like it will better address where your big concerns are?
    Absolutely, maybe we can even expect these changes in the next hotfix

Even though I'm already 60, I think this would be the best way to go. I don't speak for all warriors (clearly, I'm sure someone will disagree with me vehemently), but I think that would benefit MORE warriors...and that's a good thing for the class as a whole. Providing the biggest benefit to the largest number of warriors and so forth.

Thanks for replying and working with us on this issue Atrius.

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

Shadowlander

I'm pretty sure that's correct, but, to be fair, adjusting your plans to the whims of the vocal minority on a forum is seldom the best way to do things. Doesn't it seem logical to you that the thing that would benefit most warriors currently playing the game would be a increase in survivability/efficiency? Especially since it's time sensitive in that once people hit 60, it sorta becomes a non-issue, but the fact that they had to suffer through 10 levels of it (6 for me so far) will stick with them forever (at least in internet time)?

Trying to do what people yelling on the forums want you to do tends to just lead to a different set of people yelling on the forums (in my experience).

It's all of equal concern, but the % of players capable of making a reasonable judgment what raid DPS looks like can probably be counted on your two hands.

So yes, please - look at durability or self healing options right after ironing out the Tempest rotation. Keep in mind I'm already 60 and this barely impacts me, but it seems pretty evident a great majority of players would like a more efficient leveling experience.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by skarsol View Post
    survivability/efficiency? Especially since it's time sensitive in that once people hit 60
    Hence why it needs to be addressed (and fixed) ASAP. It's not like he's going on vacation after he fixes survivability; he'll then go to the DPS issues.

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

Champion

who's to say it wont be nerfed in the next major hot fix. I don't know about you gents but i, for one, am hanging up my rift coat until this roller coaster of a class is fixed.

Sign 36 month VETERAN....
    Osteo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast