+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #196
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by skarsol View Post
    I don't get this at all. You're prioritizing issues that you think may or may not exist and are asking for help identifying them before you'll look at the thing that everyone is screaming for? If you don't have a specific issue that you need parses for, why is it top priority? If you do have a specific issue you need parses for, well, isn't there a dev server for things like that?

I'm honestly trying to figure this out. I suspect people in this thread (including me) are getting froggy because the impression we're getting from your posts is that you're not really paying a huge amount of attention to the community and are instead working on a plan of your own. Yes we want it handled quickly, but you're not really giving us more than "send me parses"... Even then, there are some unfortunate incentives going on there as sending in a "good" parse means the likelyhood of that spec getting nerfed increases. Sending in a "bad" parse means other "good" ones might be reduced to match it. There's no way for the submitter to predict the outcome.

You have a magic black box that you're asking for input into, but we have no real insight into what comes out of it other than history. And frankly, recent history doesn't inspire confidence in that black box.

All that to say, I still don't understand why DPS normalization is a higher priority than survivability and leveling efficiency (mobs killed per hour, etc) as compared to other classes. Massive buggy DPS that allows early encounter defeat, sure, nerf it to the stone age. Paragon doing 10% more than Tempest, not a huge priority. Inter-soul issues should always take a back seat to inter-class ones.
    Fair enough, so let me speak to that by giving you my top 4 Priority list. (We have already fixed Electricity Cascade and will get it up with the next hotfix)

1) Fixing an issue where people are saying we destroyed their DPS, we are seeing reports of people 20% under where they should be on the forums. I have spent all day today asking for parses in between running parses of my own to identify this low DPS issue that people are upset about. This was not on my plate till this morning because it is in response to changes.

2) Survivability issues in DPS souls

3) Champion ST DPS

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaun View Post
    English isn't my first language either, it's spanish, but I don't make excuses.

This is what bugs me the most. We lose our heal and instead we get a broken dot that gets disabled a few minutes after the shards come up. I was actually expecting a 15 minute maintenance to revert / patch the changes instead of disabling it.
    if i take a loot at spanish. your closer to english that french in any language XD

you could talk all day in english as far as i know.

im not good in english.... should that mean i can't say what i want to say !!

Soulwalker

Why was paragon nerfed? Its dps was all ready way behind all the other souls. Giving how unforgiving it was when disconnected, its lack of AoE and utility, no one was playing the soul because it was such complete garbage.

So you nerfed it? Ok.

I did agree Tempest seemed to be over performing and I haven't gotten on today yet so I won't speak for the changes just yet. It is interesting that you decided to nerf the specc but ignore the bug with Electricity Blast, when other warriors would overrite your DoT making the ability useless if you have multiple tempests.

That being said I've seen Mage DPS completely blow away my DPS before the patch today. I really didn't feel like warriors needed to be nerfed more.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjager; 11-20-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Fair enough, so let me speak to that by giving you my top 4 Priority list. (We have already fixed Electricity Cascade and will get it up with the next hotfix)

1) Fixing an issue where people are saying we destroyed their DPS, we are seeing reports of people 20% under where they should be on the forums. I have spent all day today asking for parses in between running parses of my own to identify this low DPS issue that people are upset about. This was not on my plate till this morning because it is in response to changes.

3) Champion ST DPS
    Great, you fixed Electricity Cascade. Will this be pushed through before the holidays?
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Soulwalker

So far I have had a two suggestions made in a calm, rational way. The first was survivability which I agree with and will be looking into. The second was regarding one of the Tempest changes and after discussion in PM is a reasonable change I will be making. It was a request to change the cooldowns on Charged Pulse and Dual Pulse back to 15s/10s to aid in hybridization and lower damage on them to make up for the DPS increase this would cause. calm discussion will get you more than sarcasm.

The same goes for sarcasm in regards to parses. You can send me your parses which will likely lead to me identifying the issues faster and then I can move on to Survivability and Champion ST DPS, or you can continue to be sarcastic and it will take longer for me to get to other issues. I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.
    The comment about survivability not being a high priority didn't sit too well from what I can tell. I know

it made me scratch my head. The majority of people are leveling and will be for some time. Wouldn't

it make sense to place a higher priority on survivability and ease of leveling rather than concentrating

on an endgame imbalance that won't be seen for several weeks by most? Something as small as

adjusting Recovery Posture to 13-15% or buffing Jolt or increasing the proc chance in RB or adding

a heal again to block based abilities in Paladin. Those are the things that make most sense at

this point, at least to me. Adjusting the damage and such at level 60 could have been done in a

couple weeks, after some of the issues with survivability were addressed.

Obviously, it's hindsight now, but I think you're seeing the results of a frustrated player base that

just doesn't get why something like dps at end game was a higher priority than survivability.

Soulwalker

Default 2.0 warrior patch...wow-devs...

What is going on with all the nerfs?
    Touch of life is now 50% of what it used to be, and no permission to die is absolutelty worthless now. I dont get it. Devs.... do you want ppl to play your game? not to mention some of the damage nerfs.... Warrior survivablility has gone out the window. Pvp is horrible as a warrior. we spec certain ways to create survivability and you tke it away. whats fun about getting blown up min like 5 secs? the game is suppossed to be enjoyable! your ruining it!!! i am not very pleased. i came back to rift because there is really nothing else to play. Now it seems my class is obsolite. not a happy camper! and i have never posted about anything its a shame it has to be negative!
    Last edited by Brutus07; 11-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Ascendant

Atrius, since the beta servers have closed, could you not open them to a handful of people so they can provide you better data using the end game gear?

Or is this already being done in some manner?

Well that's a bit more comforting. As it stood we couldn't even try your changes if the they were bugged out the door. If you have Cascade working before the end of the day then we can at least test the changes as it is supposed to role out.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

So far I have had a two suggestions made in a calm, rational way. The first was survivability which I agree with and will be looking into. The second was regarding one of the Tempest changes and after discussion in PM is a reasonable change I will be making. It was a request to change the cooldowns on Charged Pulse and Dual Pulse back to 15s/10s to aid in hybridization and lower damage on them to make up for the DPS increase this would cause. calm discussion will get you more than sarcasm.

The same goes for sarcasm in regards to parses. You can send me your parses which will likely lead to me identifying the issues faster and then I can move on to Survivability and Champion ST DPS, or you can continue to be sarcastic and it will take longer for me to get to other issues. I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.
    At 15 seconds CP times perfectly with Arc and an every-other-rotation FF, as well as the refresh on Flamespear.

At 10 seconds it only times with Dual, and actually screws up the timing of Arc & FF.

Put CP, Double & Dual all at a permanent (non-talented/talented) 15 seconds CD. They'll all sync better with Arc, FF, Flamespear.

Electricity Cascade, when you turn it back on, needs a CD too, ideally.

Get rid of Quick Recharge and replace it with:

1 - 1 point Quick Recharge that takes Focused Fire off the GCD
    2 - 1 point attack that hits 3% to 5% harder than Shock Pulse but has a 15 second CD

This would allow us to do something like:
    Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Focused Fire > Arc > New Attack > CP > Double Pulse > Flamespear > Skyfall > spam & finishers until CD
    ^ or something like that

The way the skills line up right now they step all over each other. Badly. And if they all go to 10 seconds while the CD's and finishers all remain 15, it continues to step all over the rotation.

Rift Disciple

3) Champion ST DPS
    But again - as many others have stated - 1) and 2) should be reversed! Not many people are even close to raiding yet.

Not only that but you slice out one reliable skill Tempests use to survive.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus07 View Post
    What is going on with all the nerfs?
    Touch of life is now 50% of what it used to be, and no permission to die is absolutelty worthless now. I dont get it. Devs.... do you want ppl to play your game? not to mention some of the damage nerfs.... Warrior survivablility has gone out the window.
    Your first post is a regurgitation of the complaints in this thread. If you have nothing new to provide, do not post. Makes it hard for the devs to speak to the community I imagine.

Shadowlander

3) Champion ST DPS
    Thanks for the response, it's appreciated.

Okay, the list is awesome, but I'll argue that some specs being 20% under where they should be is peanuts compared to the Warrior class as a whole having issues leveling solo as compared to the relative ease with which other similarly geared classes can tear through groups of similarly leveled mobs. For the people using that spec that is suffering that 20% dip, I'm sure that's a big issue for them. I suspect number 2 is also. What do you think the number 1 issue is for the rest of the Warriors?

I'm also confused as to why an issue that cropped up today (by your statement) takes priority over something affecting the class as a whole. Warrior leveling is slow and grueling currently, involving fun with potions and drinks. Today's hotfix made it more so. Going in to a long potential leveling weekend, that kinda sucks for us.
    Last edited by skarsol; 11-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I know it was stated that you'll move the modifiers up and down the trees to keep hybrids viable, but in the big picture I'm hoping that is your real #1 priority to maintain the integrity of Rift's soul system and flexibility.

I will be more than a bit disgruntled if everything turns out to be 61 points or bust.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

So far I have had a two suggestions made in a calm, rational way. The first was survivability which I agree with and will be looking into. The second was regarding one of the Tempest changes and after discussion in PM is a reasonable change I will be making. It was a request to change the cooldowns on Charged Pulse and Dual Pulse back to 15s/10s to aid in hybridization and lower damage on them to make up for the DPS increase this would cause.
    Please consider Arc synergy when you lower the damage of charged pulse. Since arc will not trigger on double pulse due to the ICD you can safely lower double pulse to bring the damage combo in line without overly reducing the effectiveness of Arc.

1) Fixing an issue where people are saying we destroyed their DPS, we are seeing reports of people 20% under where they should be on the forums.
    People are reporting dps losses of 20% because you nerfed the buff that gave us 20% more dps.

I have spent all day today asking for parses in between running parses of my own to identify this low DPS issue that people are upset about.
    Most people work during the day and are unable to provide parses during this time.

You still never answered my question of why you nerfed Tempest at 60 when you said it was right at target at 60.
    Kaybye ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast