+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaun View Post
    I agree, it's not like we're paying to play...
    you pay to insult people on the job they do ?

so when you go at McDonald you yell at the people because they didn't make your lunch as shiny in they ad...

wake up. you pay for a services ok we are on same point of view.

but if you think that paying something gave you the right to should on everyone untill it fix... we aren't living on the same planet

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    And no one should have to deal with immature abuse. It cheapens us all. Make your points logically, back it up with evidence, offer ideas for solutions. Being insulting does absolutely nothing for us.
    If you look back in the thread, it was fairly reasonable till the "Sorry, survivability isn't at the top of my list" post. It went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by daakutenshi View Post
    you pay to insult people on the job they do ?

so when you go at McDonald you yell at the people because they didn't make your lunch as shiny in they ad...

wake up. you pay for a services ok we are on same point of view.

but if you think that paying something gave you the right to should on everyone untill it fix... we aren't living on the same planet
    I agree on the part that we aren't living on the same planet as I can barely understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    And no one should have to deal with immature abuse. It cheapens us all. Make your points logically, back it up with evidence, offer ideas for solutions. Being insulting does absolutely nothing for us.
    You might like to read the posts so you can find out people have been making their points and backing them up with evidence.
    Last edited by Rizaun; 11-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    WARNING - My posts may hurt the feelings of sensitive individuals.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #184
    Rift Team

So far I have had a two suggestions made in a calm, rational way. The first was survivability which I agree with and will be looking into. The second was regarding one of the Tempest changes and after discussion in PM is a reasonable change I will be making. It was a request to change the cooldowns on Charged Pulse and Dual Pulse back to 15s/10s to aid in hybridization and lower damage on them to make up for the DPS increase this would cause. calm discussion will get you more than sarcasm.

The same goes for sarcasm in regards to parses. You can send me your parses which will likely lead to me identifying the issues faster and then I can move on to Survivability and Champion ST DPS, or you can continue to be sarcastic and it will take longer for me to get to other issues. I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.
    Stop poking the bear with the stick and maybe it won't try to bite you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaun View Post
    I agree on the part that we aren't living on the same planet as I can barely understand you.

You might like to read the posts so you can find out people have been making their points and backing them up with evidence.
    im finding it funny. i can understant you perfectly. yet im french so english isn't my first language or even the one i put the more time on it.

at least i can talk in french you would still don't understand.... when you don't want you don't try !

I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.
    Well what do you expect? You make a huge change and then we get told that the change is bugged. Then we get told to not expect a fix until after a holiday weekend. How are you even surprised that people are riled up?
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

Quote Originally Posted by skarsol View Post
    If you look back in the thread, it was fairly reasonable till the "Sorry, survivability isn't at the top of my list" post. It went downhill from there.
    That's because the moderators removed many posts that were against the Code of Conduct.

EDIT: Well, most of the posts I'm thinking of were in that other thread. Unsurprising given the tone of the OP.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.

So far I have had a two suggestions made in a calm, rational way. The first was survivability which I agree with and will be looking into. The second was regarding one of the Tempest changes and after discussion in PM is a reasonable change I will be making. It was a request to change the cooldowns on Charged Pulse and Dual Pulse back to 15s/10s to aid in hybridization and lower damage on them to make up for the DPS increase this would cause. calm discussion will get you more than sarcasm.

The same goes for sarcasm in regards to parses. You can send me your parses which will likely lead to me identifying the issues faster and then I can move on to Survivability and Champion ST DPS, or you can continue to be sarcastic and it will take longer for me to get to other issues. I would think, given how riled up you all are that you would want this handled more quickly rather than less quickly.
    Atrius, I understand you have a very hard job no denying that. I also agree that the current tempest rotation can be clunky when Charged pulse has a 10 sec cooldown with a 2 sec cast time. Perhaps lower the cast time to 1.5 would help quite a bit.

Right now it feels awkward to pop off a few insta cast then a long 2 sec cast shortly there after.

In the future lets try to test changes on the PTS before it goes live. As you can tell it does not sit well with anybody when a quick change was implemented and for it to completely change gameplay and have a ability that was disabled after removing another ability.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

If he says players are submitting raid parses of Paragon 10% above every other class then I believe him. Just because not everyone here has worked out how to do it/is raiding yet doesn't mean it isn't possible. If you watched the <Special Olympics> kill video for Artifex Zaviel you'll hear Cookie complain at the end that he was beaten in Dps by Skarbor, and Cookie is a very good Mage. So at the very least you are competitive in that department.

I can't speak for the survivability issues while leveling except to say that I know multiple Warriors in my guilds who commented how OP they thought Bioelectric Transfer was for soloing. Whether or not other classes may be worse is irrelevant, someone has to be nerfed first, perhaps Zinbik hasn't had time to tone down Clerics yet, idk.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 11-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Nope.

I've already hit 60 on my warrior, but the time for fixing self healing is NOW while people are leveling.

The concern with raid DPS seems completely trivial by comparison - no one is geared, and a handful of people might be raiding? I don't understand how solo capability isn't the paramount issue.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Part of the problem was that you said that survivability isn't as important to you (I'm paraphrasing here) as getting DPS numbers right for endgame. This angers people, as most here are not endgame ready currently, and are still leveling up (i.e. in dire need of self heals). Hence the sarcastic backlash.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by daakutenshi View Post
    im finding it funny. i can understant you perfectly. yet im french so english isn't my first language or even the one i put the more time on it.

at least i can talk in french you would still don't understand.... when you don't want you don't try !
    English isn't my first language either, it's spanish, but I don't make excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well what do you expect? You make a huge change and then we get told that the change is bugged. Then we get told to not expect a fix until after a holiday weekend. How are you even surprised that people are riled up?
    This is what bugs me the most. We lose our heal and instead we get a broken dot that gets disabled a few minutes after the shards come up. I was actually expecting a 15 minute maintenance to revert / patch the changes instead of disabling it.
    WARNING - My posts may hurt the feelings of sensitive individuals.

Shadowlander

I don't get this at all. You're prioritizing issues that you think may or may not exist and are asking for help identifying them before you'll look at the thing that everyone is screaming for? If you don't have a specific issue that you need parses for, why is it top priority? If you do have a specific issue you need parses for, well, isn't there a dev server for things like that?

I'm honestly trying to figure this out. I suspect people in this thread (including me) are getting froggy because the impression we're getting from your posts is that you're not really paying a huge amount of attention to the community and are instead working on a plan of your own. Yes we want it handled quickly, but you're not really giving us more than "send me parses"... Even then, there are some unfortunate incentives going on there as sending in a "good" parse means the likelyhood of that spec getting nerfed increases. Sending in a "bad" parse means other "good" ones might be reduced to match it. There's no way for the submitter to predict the outcome.

You have a magic black box that you're asking for input into, but we have no real insight into what comes out of it other than history. And frankly, recent history doesn't inspire confidence in that black box.

All that to say, I still don't understand why DPS normalization is a higher priority than survivability and leveling efficiency (mobs killed per hour, etc) as compared to other classes. Massive buggy DPS that allows early encounter defeat, sure, nerf it to the stone age. Paragon doing 10% more than Tempest, not a huge priority. Inter-soul issues should always take a back seat to inter-class ones.

Soulwalker

Its so insanely LACKING in imagination if you devs just delete the tempest only survival ability that actually helped the class to survive while levelling.
    You could have just as easyly changed to give 50% of the damage done back to heal instead of 100%, or halved the damage and kept the heal, and players would STILL be using it. Or offer some other creative way that has the tempest lose some dps but gain heals in the process, leaving the CHOICE with the player and the situation at hand..

This change totally ruined levelling with tempest, that i was really enjoying.
    At the moment it has reached the point that i will likely dump my warrior, riftblade soloing was DESTROYED with 1.11, by taking away the dps based heals, and now when i have finally unlocked the nice stuff of tempest at 57, you ruin it again.

Why does everyone only care about DPS DPS DPS DPS, what about having FUN when playing.
    Its as if we are all stuck in some sort machine where only numbers and performance count and noone stands till to have some actual fun playing.

Why have 4 classes with so many different soul builds, if in the end EVERY player that raids chosed the SAME copy paste build.. what exactly is the benefit when half the souls are unused..

Also, during my playtime this evening in the game i PAY for, suddenly, without any warning, my macros stopped working, and i spent considerable time trying to figure out what went wrong with them, and how to fix it. This is when i saw the outrage in 50 chat (that i normally have turned off due to the **** community trolling endlessly) about a hidden change to the game.
    So now i had to not only waste time figuring out what happened, but also spent time and plats on building a completely new soulspec to recover SOME solo ability, since tempest just got deleted from my list of viable levelling specs..

So yeah, i dont have much constructive to say, but as a company i would guess when 99% of the players are LEVELLING, you let them have some fun and focus about raid dps balancing later when people actually have had a chance to get ready for raids. Who cares about the top 1% guilds, one in 100 players, and who cares about levelling survivability? 99 out of 100..

Any more jerking around with these ****ty changes and impulsive ideas that were not tested in the least, and i will no longer fund trion and from what i have heard and read today, so will many others.
    You simply cannot change major game parameters every damn week and expect the players to enjoy this, it leads to endless bickering and discussions among guildmembers, chat channels, forums.. and what for? because people want to have their fun back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast