+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: rift 2.0 hotfix 2 Bladefury and tempest

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by skarsol View Post
    Can you comment on soloing survivability and leveling efficiency expectations compared to the other classes instead of focusing solely on DPS numbers?
    Atrius,

Please address this question and potential solutions. DPS-specced Warriors do not match the survivability of other callings' DPS specs--Clerics and Mages in particular. If the goal is "all things are equal" between the callings and flavor being the differentiating factor, something needs to be done to address the disparity.

I think the idea of Jolt off of GCD is a solid suggestion (one that I PMed to you already, ironically). I also think converting AP-based heals to being based off of actual damage may be worth considering. That approach gives increased healing to DPS specs while muting the effect for tanks to prevent their survivability from potentially exceeding your targets.
    Proud member of The Guardians [TG]

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #137
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Clasbyte View Post
    I got an question regarding that statement, is it not one of rifts strong points that we can combine souls we want to create a character that is directly suited to us?

brgds

CB
    Absolutely, we want people to hybridize. But when this balance is off it means we end up with only 50/26 hybrids being viable, or only 60/16. We want the two being balanced so that we can have people playing both. So if 50 is OP but 60 is coming in under we have to shift some of that balance upwards, and if 60 is OP but 50 is underperforming we have to shift some of that power downwards.

Anybody else find it funny there is no +70 strength seal? I had a good laugh.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Atrius,

Please address this question and potential solutions. DPS-specced Warriors do not match the survivability of other callings' DPS specs--Clerics and Mages in particular. If the goal is "all things are equal" between the callings and flavor being the differentiating factor, something needs to be done to address the disparity.

I think the idea of Jolt off of GCD is a solid suggestion (one that I PMed to you already, ironically). I also think converting AP-based heals to being based off of actual damage may be worth considering. That approach gives increased healing to DPS specs while muting the effect for tanks to prevent their survivability from potentially exceeding your targets.
    I do plan on looking into Survivability and healing. Unfortunately other higher priority issues have taken my time. It is on my list though and is of concern to me.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    Okay, I'm going to bite the ankle here and kinda ask the same thing. What about survivability / solo capabilities of warriors? We have next to no viable healing capabilities and I know I don't have any raid gear because I don't raid - but walking into SL at first was brutal for me. I do take time to look at some of the specs, come up with my own rotations and for the most part - 50 - 52 leveling was fairly average.

However, once I hit 52 and went into Seratos - I got absolutely destroyed. Big time. Again, there was just no real survivability except popping that one shield and that one very little HoT which only healed me for 168 hp over time which is like...nothing.
    What build are you using? I've been having zero problems soloing with 41 wl 25 champ, just got to Seratos, and I'm handling 5+ mobs with ease. My guild's warriors are consistently top dps out of all the other classes. My build isn't optimal by any means.

I don't understand where all this outrage is coming from. I've been having a blast playing my warrior. Soloing isn't a problem. I bet I could find at least two other solo.builds that would be just as workable as the wl/champ build too. Would right now if I wasn't stuck at work.

Finally, Atrius has asked thrice now for parses showing underperforming souls. If you want change, give it to him. People earlier in the thread were whining about no dev love. He is obviously paying attention. Instead of complaints, give him data to work with.

Signed, a happy warrior.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    We'll fix it once everyone is 60 and it doesn't matter anymore.
    As I said a couple pages ago. I'm not sure why you can't see this is priority #1 for every warrior that is having to level right now (roughly all them). Instead we get DPS *and* survivability nerfs right before the holiday weekend...
    Last edited by skarsol; 11-20-2012 at 01:05 PM.

I do plan on looking into Survivability and healing. Unfortunately other higher priority issues have taken my time. It is on my list though and is of concern to me.
    Well....the writing is on the wall......

Jump first, worry about the consequences later.... WAY TO GO!!!!
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

With what i'm guessing is about 75% or more of the players still lvling, isn't survivability/self healing more important to the masses right now?

Do you parse with normal builds or numbers from the high-end raid-geared builds? Because my numbers are nothing like their's and the nerfs are even worse for me.

Secondly there is a big issue with fighting melee with the disconnects and having to watch for procs or boss mechanics and still be viable dps. And take the kicks away from the tempest. Hard enough to melee when they keep kicking the mob away from me.
    Beware the Penguin...

Shadowlander

Thanks for the response. Not an ideal answer for me, but it's honest at least. Here's to hoping that the myriad posts about this concern helps to get it bumped up on your long priority list.

Despite my own frustrations, I do appreciate the communication and hope that things will settle into a better place for us Warriors soon.
    Proud member of The Guardians [TG]

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

I would like to remind everyone posting in this thread about the Code of Conduct here on the forums. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

Thank you!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    What build are you using? I've been having zero problems soloing with 41 wl 25 champ, just got to Seratos, and I'm handling 5+ mobs with ease. My guild's warriors are consistently top dps out of all the other classes. My build isn't optimal by any means.

I don't understand where all this outrage is coming from. I've been having a blast playing my warrior. Soloing isn't a problem. I bet I could find at least two other solo.builds that would be just as workable as the wl/champ build too. Would right now if I wasn't stuck at work.

Finally, Atrius has asked thrice now for parses showing underperforming souls. If you want change, give it to him. People earlier in the thread were whining about no dev love. He is obviously paying attention. Instead of complaints, give him data to work with.

Signed, a happy warrior.
    I will have to check when I get home. At work right now. But I'm pretty sure it was the deep Tempest build that Trion had suggested; combined with my own rotation. Forgive me, I don't know all the names of the abilities and whatnot. I am purely a casual as stated in my previous posts.

In addition I have no idea what parses are.
    Last edited by goombatommy; 11-20-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Soulwalker

How many warriors are raiding?

How many warriors are leveling, solo'ing and pvp'ing?
    Last edited by Leify; 11-20-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Anybody else find it funny there is no +70 strength seal? I had a good laugh.
    Yeah been looking on ah never to find it asked in lvl 60 chat they sayd it wasent there lol

anyway Atrius , make pts equal to live (if not already dident checked) do you soul changes there let us go on with lots of players give us the end raid gear and lvl 60(fluffy <3) and let us parse make builds(and hybrids) make a special dummy or somthing that records all parsers and see whats op whats worse what needs boost dont do this on live witch a change every week its just annoying and see what happend now... you remove that ability in tempest only to disable the new one :/ also without evryone having raid gear its pointles and bad to do soul changes based on dps :/

-my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    How many warriors are raiding?

How many warriors are leveling, solo'ing and pvp'ing?
    You haven't joined one of the elite top raiding guilds yet? You get alpha access, dev bat phones, can exploit and keep achievements, and developer's focus on your desired content.

It's like Hostess up in huuurrrr.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-20-2012 at 01:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast