+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What have you done with Warriors???

Soulwalker

Default What have you done with Warriors???

From the launch of the game to present day, 3 class's out of four have been able to support....tank... or D.P.S... Warrior's being the red headed step child forcing to dps or tank. Q very quickly or wait over an hour and half to be able to do a 30 min run which may end up being an Epic "MF" fail. 1.11 arrives and what have you down now?? Warriors here is your support how ever where going to nuke the rest of your **** Tanking nerfed aoe dps nerfed. How ever Cleric tanking will be able to heal 1.2k while tanking where do any warriors get any love in this game take it out and just have 3 class's

AAA post! I've read it three times so far tonight, and like a David Lynch film, I always notice something new each time.

Shadowlander

Hey OP, speak for yourself. I would rather have half a warrior than no warrior tbh. There are admittedly a lot of issues, but that goes for everybody; other classes' bugs and whatnot are just as important as ours and will be dealt with in time. Unless it's the actual changing of the souls and loss of old specs that you're pissed about, in which case I dunno what to tell you. The soul changes were geared toward what players will do with them at level 60, and a lot of stuff fell through the cracks it seems, but it's being looked at. Yeah I know, "why didn't they catch this stuff on the PTS before the patch went live", I don't know either. But the wrinkles will be ironed out over the course of the next month so as much as it sucks to have to wait, if you absolutely DO NOT want to try any of the new specs people are coming up with, I guess you will either have to wait it out, ragequit or re-roll.

There are a fair amount of changes I don't like, too, so I feel you with being kinda frustrated. The initial burst of bewilderment/anger should hopefully have passed now that you got it out here on the forums! :P Seriously though, please try to keep in mind that nothing is going to stay exactly the way it is right now. Storm Legion hits in a month. I would suggest taking a couple days away from the game, coming back with a clear head, then sitting down and looking through some of the premade specs as well as the player-made, see if you can warm up to any of them.

Salve,

i understand that some or many are upset about the changes to the warrior, its a bit like the first big warrior nerf that hit rift after release.
    And it dosent make it better that it looks like that all the balancing was/is done under the assumption that every warrior in the game to SL release date has ID equipment or something close to that.
    You see some warriors doing insane amount of dps on the dummy what is an static target, the dps might or might not drop a bit in a real fight or actually increases some because of the reactive skills that can be used after you dodge/block/parry an attack or the target.

That all is nice and good, besides some small problems.
    1. Not everyone is in ID gear or near it
    2. Sitting down after the second pull for 10 second to watch your character idle is no fun
    3. Not be able to do what you have been able to do, or at least at the same rate you have been used too, is also not really cool

After some field testing on my daily chores with my warrior i have to admit i am more then bitterly disappointed with the way the warrior changed for me. I enjoyed it a lot to charge in huge groups of mobs and smash em to pieces. It was fun, to see a big horde of enemy and to charge in the middle of em to cause chaos and destruction.

I am not talking about dungeons or raids or something similar, i am talking about your daily run mob hordes on ember isle for example. It was bad enough that nearly every solo grind build had to be based on RB 44 point skill BoEA, but at least it worked. Now i feel a lot like a wet tissue, when i do stuff solo, and always this boring sitting down and drinking after some pulls. That is really annoying.

I understand that some people had issues with that everyone was more or less able to play on the same level as they because of the macros, but the same people always stated that doing the rotation manually results in more dps, and guess what they have been right.
    Nobody forced them to use the macro system if they wanted to feel like they are some kind of elite, they could have done it manually the whole time and would have been doing more dps then the rest in the process.

But with the massive reduce in skill you can uses on the most builds the changes to the macro system are ok, less fun to play but ok, i play to have fun and pay money for it, usually if i have to work i get paid, just saying.

What really bugs me is that i cant do the stuff i am used to do solo anymore, at least not as easy, in some cases not at all anymore. That dosent include dungeons and or raids or similar stuff, i refer only to open world stuff.

Haven not tried tanking in dungeons or pvp at all, the moaning in the voip about the clerics in pvp was enough for me to avoid it for the moment.
    Some of the issues might change with the release of sl and/or after the toon as reached the new max level. But right now i am sorry that i bought a complete year of game time, first time that i feel that way about a product from trion.

brgds

CB
    Last edited by Clasbyte; 10-21-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Champion

I have to agree .. not everyone is in ID gear and getting it now is going to be harder than ever.

I play champ and I was casual starting to raid. Not be able to do what you have been able to do, or at least at the same rate you have been used too, is spoils the game as the guy above said. No one wants champs in raids now.

Trying slayer but it will take a time to get used to.

I was looking forward to SL but now I wish I had not brought the years subs.
    Last edited by MoMo1; 10-21-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Telaran

I can understand your frustration. I feel the same way.... Being my first true MMO that I've played, after tons of help with various builds and experimenting, I had FINALLY got a build at level 30 that allowed me to have good DPS and not be at the bottom of the barrel.....Well, now I'm at the bottom of the barrel again in my DPS, per the DPS meter..So I'm back to being laughed at again in IAs.. .....

I've decided that I think I'm going to going to hold off playing RIFT for now and go buy GW2, and then I'll play RIFT again once SL comes out, and by then I'm thinking I'll be able to find DPS Leveling builds posted for warriors once again.....

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Trying slayer but it will take a time to get used to.

I was looking forward to SL but now I wish I had not brought the years subs.
    The good news is that you don't have a year worth of 1.11 or SL at lvl50 and Champion is particularly damaged atm due in most part to Death Blossum and Dominating being off the menu. Trust Trion, at 60 you'll be a wirlwind and the extra 10points will synergize well.

But being constructive:
    Try this spec. Rotation is depressingly easy and aoe (while limited) is good for a warrior. Also the build of choice for my friends who despise Paragon and sub-1300ap alts.

Also, if you're looking for a parity build to 1.10 Champ (either 9/6 or 13/2) use something like this build. I've started running it in dailies/weeklies when boredom is maxxed. Don't want to log in but it's easily setup. Basically macro the 3 finishers, Thread CB, Mark of Extermination on every new pack (oGCD) <- Important. Fiery + Icy for finishers and don't forget Flamespear for ST. Finally take 0Reaver if you want more ST, 0Paragon for extra crit if you want to AE. Feel free to switch this before battle.

Neither of these builds scale us up as much as Paragon (though look for confirmed nerfs coming Wednesday). Over 1.10 Champion the first build is prolly +1.5kST and -3.5KAE(on 8) and the latter build is only +500ST and -500AE(on 8) but if you're looking for something to keep you sane for the next week and a half you've got it, geared or not.
    Last edited by Laanshor; 10-21-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    DEEPWOOD US
    Visit us here.

Telaran

I'm actually feeling better now. I just let the game choose my calling for me based upon the fact that I tend to face single mobs at level 32... So I chose "slayer" I believe that's what it was anyway. It's almost all Paragon with a bit of Warlord thrown in there. Probably isn't a good build for level 50, but my DPS is back to rulling now in instant adventures. Much much improved....

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Laanshor View Post
    The good news is that you don't have a year worth of 1.11 or SL at lvl50 and Champion is particularly damaged atm due in most part to Death Blossum and Dominating being off the menu. Trust Trion, at 60 you'll be a wirlwind and the extra 10points will synergize well.

But being constructive:
    Try this spec. Rotation is depressingly easy and aoe (while limited) is good for a warrior. Also the build of choice for my friends who despise Paragon and sub-1300ap alts.

Also, if you're looking for a parity build to 1.10 Champ (either 9/6 or 13/2) use something like this build. I've started running it in dailies/weeklies when boredom is maxxed. Don't want to log in but it's easily setup. Basically macro the 3 finishers, Thread CB, Mark of Extermination on every new pack (oGCD) <- Important. Fiery + Icy for finishers and don't forget Flamespear for ST. Finally take 0Reaver if you want more ST, 0Paragon for extra crit if you want to AE. Feel free to switch this before battle.

Neither of these builds scale us up as much as Paragon (though look for confirmed nerfs coming Wednesday). Over 1.10 Champion the first build is prolly +1.5kST and -3.5KAE(on 8) and the latter build is only +500ST and -500AE(on 8) but if you're looking for something to keep you sane for the next week and a half you've got it, geared or not.
    thank you ..I am trying this but at the moment have only one 2hander not got 2x single ..and a mixture of relic stuff with the few bits I picked up from raiding. At least I can enjoy. Also trying slayer ..even with one 2 handed I can get through EI with more than decent survivability and damage. So joy has come back ..many thanks.

I guess not everyone wants to experiment with builds and make a character that suits their play style - which is for me one of the primary draws of the game (for PvP in particular). I'm a bit surprised some people don't like to rework their trees and figure out what works for them.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Ascendant

I like the changes a lot. Void Knight is twice as good, Paladin can heal, and Warlord is so much fun. I will never tire of seeing 12k crits when using my charge > piercing strike > king of the hill (knocks them back 30 m) > charge again > piercing strike (guaranteed crit + double damage). It's actually fun.

Plane Touched

I would also recommend checking out 51 Riftblade if you are looking for something a bit like Champ.
    It's great for dungeons and raids. Excellent ST and very good AOE. And can do a bit from ranged when needed. Not really a solo spec but better than champ was.

Tips:
    - Buff yourself with fork in between pulls. Your spears will hit 5 enemies, and that's massive damage.
    - Riftstorm is your cornered beast - but it's fire and forget - keep doing your normal attacks as well.
    - The linked guide has planar blade, and uses riftwalk as a builder. You can take that out and go back to storm blade if you're AOEing more, or if the blinks are a problem with positioning. It's less ST damage but still good.

I'd rather use Champ than Riftblade as a warrior, but if you need a versatile spec for right now, RB is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf9 View Post
    I would also recommend checking out 51 Riftblade if you are looking for something a bit like Champ.
    It's great for dungeons and raids. Excellent ST and very good AOE. And can do a bit from ranged when needed. Not really a solo spec but better than champ was.

Tips:
    - Buff yourself with fork in between pulls. Your spears will hit 5 enemies, and that's massive damage.
    - Riftstorm is your cornered beast - but it's fire and forget - keep doing your normal attacks as well.
    - The linked guide has planar blade, and uses riftwalk as a builder. You can take that out and go back to storm blade if you're AOEing more, or if the blinks are a problem with positioning. It's less ST damage but still good.

I'd rather use Champ than Riftblade as a warrior, but if you need a versatile spec for right now, RB is a good one.
    The 51RB is what I've been using, not because it is that good, but because it seems to be the best from what we have left. A 42RB/24RV build has some good dot damage, especially from blood fever using plague bringer, but I would expect this to get the nerfbat.

It's so awful now that Warriors are closer to what the other classes can do now, oh the humanity
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    It's so awful now that Warriors are closer to what the other classes can do now, oh the humanity
    That's funny. We had a mage in our raid last night hit 58k dps with his aoe (30k+ after all was said and done). Not sure how that is close to anything.
    Kaybye ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast