+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What have you done with Warriors???

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Or, it's like learning that your one, single role is no longer capable of fulfilling every possible raid necessity required of it. It's no longer a single spec that provides your top AoE, your top ST, and your token disrupt, all in one package, with scarcely a reason to ever switch.

Now (or by Wednesday on live, at least) your Champ is the champ of AoE and should be used for that purpose.

You now have other specs -- which includes roles you should already be familiar with -- that do a better job than your old "all-in-one, never need to change" spec when it comes to specific tasks, such as single target damage or support.

We went for what, like 8 months straight with 3/4 of the warrior population using almost exclusively 38 reaver and 51 champ variants for, basically... everything?

Did people honestly expect it to remain that way forever, and was it actually a healthy situation to begin with? Probably not.

Time for players to try some new stuff with their Warrior. Get creative. Don't fear having to ask your raid to stop before the next pull so you can change specs. Other classes have been doing that forever.

IRL, do you have one set of tools that allows you to complete every possible repair imaginable? Doubtful. You need specialized tools sometimes to really get the job done right.
    Yes, having one spec that could get the job done if your role was dps was a good and healthy situation.

Next question?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Yes, having one spec that could get the job done if your role was dps was a good and healthy situation.

Next question?
    So the point of other specs are?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    So the point of other specs are?
    Apparently they exist to provide options that we can quickly discard as a valid option.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Para is around 5.5k dummy ST on beta best case now.
    Are you testing this on Beta as a lvl 50?
    Kaybye ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybriar View Post
    Are you testing this on Beta as a lvl 50?
    Cripes, you're absolutely on the ball there. I've been at work since this morning and my class lead and I haven't been futzing around till servers came back up.
    So it's flirting with 4.5-4.7k now?

The compression of so many combined tweaks and bug fixes -

* Deadly Parity: Fixed a bug causing this to be affected by Attack Power twice.
    * Sweeping Blades: Rebalanced to not overpower the other souls' AoE but still remain useful. It now hits 4 additional targets for 10/20/35% of the initial attack damage.
    * Way of the Wind: Fixed a bug causing this to do more damage than intended.
    * Strke Like Iron: Reduced from 10-30% to 5-25%.
    * Unleashed: Reduced from 6% per stack to 5% per stack.
    * Setting Moon: Reduced from 30% to 15%.
    * One Two Punch: Reduced from 7% per point to 5% per point.

- has pummeled Paragon ST at lvl 50.

Holy warrior DPS pendulum swings, Batman.
    And the merry-go-round keeps on spinnin'.
    3 more weeks of this?
    Last edited by Burnlogic; 10-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    I have to agree .. not everyone is in ID gear and getting it now is going to be harder than ever.
    You are so right...

It's not like people have been able to get ID marks through Experts, Weekly Raids, or Master Modes for the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Atang View Post
    You are so right...

It's not like people have been able to get ID marks through Experts, Weekly Raids, or Master Modes for the last 6 months.
    That covers the armor, but a large portion of the casual playerbase priobably at best have a bloodforged Claymore.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post

Next question?
    Totally not boring at all to have 1 spec do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    That covers the armor, but a large portion of the casual playerbase priobably at best have a bloodforged Claymore.
    Cause the Rk50 pvp weps are very hard to get and all.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Cause the Rk50 pvp weps are very hard to get and all.
    Do you honestly think that the majority of casual players pvp at all?
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    Do you honestly think that the majority of casual players pvp at all?
    If you don't use the tools at your disposal to get what gear you can on your own, don't complain about not having gear....

Shadowlander

I'm in a 5/8 Raid group. Other than a few relics and ID rings, everything else is obtainable without raiding ID.

I have p50 2h Sword, and my Bow & neck are HK.

Casuals can run HK GDKP easily.

There is no excuse for anyone to complain about gear. Trion has made it to easy for even a new player to be competitive after a few months. Minus PA ofcourse.

I guess you are not a mage
    Kaybye ~

Soulwalker

The issue isn't warrior DPS numbers it is the fact that the new specs play something like a monkey fornicating with a football. Yes I still crush almost everyone from other classes on the charts but who cares? It isn't fun at all and we have less choices for dps now than before. I had four awesome specs in 1.10 (44Para, 51RB, 40Champ/26BM, 51Champ) each parsing close enough numbers to the others that they were all perfectly viable. I used each one for the situation which they were best suited for and I imagine all good warriors did as well. Now I have two specs that just feel clunky, thrown together and not well thought out like the old specs. 51Para takes 5min to peak in DPS which is completely unwarrior. 51RB is, im pretty sure, Trion attempting to troll warriors by making us teleport in front of bosses and off ledges. As far as I'm concerned arguments saying warriors have "good DPS so shut up" are invalid as are the sarcastic ones saying "poor warriors have to switch specs now." Warrior devs simply attempted to fix things that weren't broke to begin with and now we have to wait until the fix the fix.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchbar View Post
    The issue isn't warrior DPS numbers it is the fact that the new specs play something like a monkey fornicating with a football.
    Hah this is the most accurate description of my 1.11 sores so far.

Stupid high dps is broken it's obvious but it's just one of the symptoms of how wrong things are. The new rfitblade finishers are AWFUL. The power starvation, particularly on tanks, is AWFUL. The way they are solved by just adding yet another generic 6 second channel to each and every soul is AWFUL. And the warlords on off switch with 15 seconds of lolop followed by 15 seconds of uselessness is comedy gold. So is the new champion tree.

I'm aware 1.11 is nothing other than an open beta for SL and that things might and hopefully will change but in the last days of raiding, doing random dungeons or pvping I've had nothing but frustration and the idiotically high dps that can be reached while playing these frustrating jokes of builds just adds to the feeling of general all around disaster. It is exact opposite of what playing warrior was in the past few months when it was a joy. WTF Atrius?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast