+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1.11 51 RB 15 Para 0 Reaver ST build

Default 1.11 51 RB 15 Para 0 Reaver ST build

So we all know about 51 Para 15 RB 0 Reaver doing 6k on dummies. As that popular build is being looked at by Atrius and Daglar I've parsed an alt dps build that I believe after the nerf to 51 Para it will be another competitive build we can use. Here is a 3 button rotation (yes I said 3 buttons) that I did 5500 dps parse on the dummy DUAL WIELD. The main RNG factor here is Riftwalk refresh.

Stats
    1704 attack power
    1163 crit
    Razor Edge buffs on each 1H

Gear
    All ID epic gear with 3 relic ID gear. Conquest Trinket. Swarmlord's Claw and Flamesickle (yes I did 5500 with a raid T2 offhand). Riftblade Crystal.

Buffs
    Avatar of Rift, Way of the River, Planar Blade, Focus of Strength

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...qRRrdso.E0x.-9

Macro Builder1
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Frost Strike

Macro Builder2
    cast Riftwalk
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Searing Strike

Macro Finisher
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

Rotation
    Builder1, Builder1, Builder1, Finisher, Builder2, Builder2, Builder2, Finisher, Builder2, Builder2, Builder2, Builder2
    repeat

The last rotation you do indeed use your Builder2 macro 4 times so that Soul Sickness will refresh. Your main attack ability is Riftwalk. May the Rift gods forgive us if we use this build on dragon fights. Tail swipes are gonna hurt.

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/1280/51rb15para.png
    Last edited by Steelwind; 10-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

The last ability on my parse got cut off. Swarmlord's Claw proc did 46.61 dps.

Also want to mention AoE in this build is quite easy. Your builder is Thunder Strike x 3 and then Storm Burst/Earth Burst. Repeat. Sprinkle in Rift Storm in between.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 10-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Riftwalk is nerfed hardcore on beta so using it will prove useless come SL. I've been testing a RB variation that uses 15 tempest and 0pt Reaver that looks promising at 5.7k before energy takes a dip at around 2 mins then evens out at 5.4k sustained. It's still running into power issues and Implosion implementation is proving difficult.

Ascendant

What about 8 Champion? Grim Satisfaction seems to be activating on all attacks, not just AoE ones.

Looking good Steelwind. One thing though, won't you need 1 point off devoted to put in flinching for interrupt ? been on three month break, so don't know if that duty has been stripped from warriors now ?

Anyways, gonna try it out, seeing as everything once again has been reset and my Axe of Corny Blows is but a shadow of itself ;) Not really a fan of 7 button rotations and dodging stuff at same time hehe.

Shadowlander

As someone said up there Riftwalk is going to change, but until it does, I like the sound of this. Will have to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkertoy View Post
    Looking good Steelwind. One thing though, won't you need 1 point off devoted to put in flinching for interrupt ? been on three month break, so don't know if that duty has been stripped from warriors now ?

Anyways, gonna try it out, seeing as everything once again has been reset and my Axe of Corny Blows is but a shadow of itself ;) Not really a fan of 7 button rotations and dodging stuff at same time hehe.
    Sure if your guild requires you to have an interrupt. But with the new changes, all the range classes have interrupts now. Let them use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggles View Post
    As someone said up there Riftwalk is going to change, but until it does, I like the sound of this. Will have to test it.
    Bursts off global has kind of changed and takes getting used to when you are parsing. It's on the global but immediately right after you can spam a builder. Hard to conceptualize until you actually experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Bursts off global has kind of changed and takes getting used to when you are parsing. It's on the global but immediately right after you can spam a builder. Hard to conceptualize until you actually experience it.
    I run this spec atm and it's alot better than 51para imo....not it's dps just it's playability and flow, but then again I've just always hated Paragon heh. I don't use Riftwalk though cause it's a gimmick that's gonna get nerfed soon anyways and I'm still able to maintain 5k or so on the dummy. I curious if you've been able to work on threading in Implosion....I'm find it proves difficult atm

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    I run this spec atm and it's alot better than 51para imo....not it's dps just it's playability and flow, but then again I've just always hated Paragon heh. I don't use Riftwalk though cause it's a gimmick that's gonna get nerfed soon anyways and I'm still able to maintain 5k or so on the dummy. I curious if you've been able to work on threading in Implosion....I'm find it proves difficult atm
    I've kinda played around with Implosion. Tonight I'll see if it fits into a rotation. At 5 stacks it didn't hit harder than Searing Strike though.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 10-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Rift Chaser

I'm running a similar macro set up to this build, but I have Frost Strike as its own button instead of 3rd in a macro after flamespear. If there's any kind of disconnect and you come back to the mob and want to use Frost Strike, sometimes you recast Flamespear first.

Also, I keep Riftwalk out of it entirely and just use Storm Blade.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Rift Disciple

With crit dmg fluctuating on me, it was hard to put it down exactly but my rift implosions are critting for right around 10k. My searing strike, with frost strike up, was critting 6.4k. When factored in that searing strike adds a combo point and is thus 1/3 of a finisher, a scald + icy crit was 11.7k, the searing is just barely better at 10.3k. If power starvation becomes an issue then using rift implosion will help as it does almost the same damage but a rotation with it uses less power.
    Xenotheos - 8/8, 1/4 (Kept the bench so warm I had to leave it)
    Dynitia - 7/8

Rift Disciple

I would suggest for AOE you use Fork + Stonespear -> Flamespear, then Thunder Strike, finisher, 3x Thunderstrike, finisher, 3x Thunderstrike, finisher, repeat as your rotation. Those spears hit like trucks.
    Last edited by wraithh; 10-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sandman View Post
    With crit dmg fluctuating on me, it was hard to put it down exactly but my rift implosions are critting for right around 10k. My searing strike, with frost strike up, was critting 6.4k. When factored in that searing strike adds a combo point and is thus 1/3 of a finisher, a scald + icy crit was 11.7k, the searing is just barely better at 10.3k. If power starvation becomes an issue then using rift implosion will help as it does almost the same damage but a rotation with it uses less power.
    When do you find it's most convenient to use Rift Implosion? I've been poking at it here and there but it feels a little awkward since I can't seem to pinpoint when it's most beneficial to use it with this spec's rotation. Could change as I get used to it but for the time being it's mystifying me, lol.

Anywho, nice job with this Steelwind, thanks for putting this together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast