+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nice Set of Warrior Tanking Nerfs in 1.11

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    This is going nowhere. Not like you would know what using ID tank gear would put you at, since your guild is only 2/8, and only just now started posting on the forums when some of us are from the original Rift beta.
    LOL? Realy

so your point is that since im less geared then you are and not having issues im bad?
    LOLOLOLOLOL

So what your from the orignal beta just means you played before I did, that means Nothing to what we are currently talking about.

I'm done here.

If you can't understand the implications and extrapolate this out, then there's no hope for you. I'm not wasting anymore time.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    I'm done here.

If you can't understand the implications and extrapolate this out, then there's no hope for you. I'm not wasting anymore time.
    I understand just fine but you are basing your argement off something the dev Never said then getting mad at me for point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vekk View Post
    No where in his post did you say you will not take more dmg...... he said
    We adjusted mob damage output in line with these mitigation changes so you tanks should be capable of tanking the same things you already do, your ability to consume content should remain unchanged.
    Obviously their ability to do so was significantly changed.

But keep misinterpreting things as you see fit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Obviously their ability to do so was significantly changed.

But keep misinterpreting things as you see fit.
    dude He did 2 expert dungs with a healer that wasnt even using his heal spec right and is now saying his class is broken..

If he wanted to make a serious arguement and show that something is broken Get the numbers shows parses that break down the dmg you took during the fight. The fact that he is saying what he is saying means nothing to me unless he can prove his point. everyone will saying something diffrent but unless you can back it up it means nothing.

The fact that he Also said that he could slap on dps gear and tank experts on live shows that currently at the high end, tank souls and stats needed to be reworked?
    Last edited by The Vekk; 10-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.

dude He did 2 expert dungs with a healer that wasnt even using his heal spec right and is now saying his class is broken..

If he wanted to make a serious arguement and show that something is broken Get the numbers shows parses that break down the dmg you took during the fight. The fact that he is saying what he is saying means nothing to me unless he can prove his point. everyone will saying something diffrent but unless you can back it up it means nothing.

The fact that he Also said that he could slap on dps gear and tank experts on live shows that currently at the high end, tank souls and stats needed to be reworked?
    His effectiveness at tanking *level 50 expert AP* in *ID gear* has changed significantly. Do I really need to spell out how this is a change? He already gave you numbers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    His effectiveness at tanking *level 50 expert AP* in *ID gear* has changed significantly. Do I really need to spell out how this is a change? He already gave you numbers.
    I must be blind can you Quote them for me, all I have seen from him is him crying about how its broken. when other people have said they have had no problems. Ill admit I dont know everything when it comes to warrior tanks but from this thread ive seem people say they lost block chance talents.

But as far as im aware you Cant block spells? so how does a lose of block chance make him to more dmg from spells.

there seemed to be a dmg reduction from reaver that was removed to but he didnt use that so doesnt matter.

Ascendant

But as far as im aware you Cant block spells? so how does a lose of block chance make him to more dmg from spells.

there seemed to be a dmg reduction from reaver that was removed to but he didnt use that so doesnt matter.
    That's EXACTLY the point we've been trying to make for 2 pages. Something isn't working right, and it should be looked into.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Rift Chaser

I believe that on the now locked beta forums from this weekend's beta, it was already pointed out how Warrior RESISTS, and possibly magic mitigation, are not working correctly.

There have already been tests showing using the ice elemental from xCC that with roughly equal resistance values and no short term mitigation/shielding buffs, a cleric and rogue tank took about half as much damage from the elemental's water attacks as a warrior tank did.

So equal-ish resists, all at about 40-50%... warrior takes twice as much damage as a rogue/cleric... rogue/cleric mitigates half the incoming damage, warrior doesnt... warrior resists or magic mit is busted. This would explain why we are being owned by anything that does non-physical damage.

All of these numbers are from the same character. Same exact gear. For the tests I forewent using any self buffs, no shields from healers or essences, and no abilities that reduce damage taken.

This is from the ability called Breaker that the large water elementals in AP use, water based non-physical damage.

The first build is a 38 Reaver/16 Warlord/12 Paladin on Live.

53 total hits

Average Hit: 875
    Total unmit. damage taken: 46,353
    Total block reduced damage taken: 41,304
    Total damage taken: 87,657

Now to the PTS:

Second build 51 Paladin/12 Warlord/3 Void Knight

53 total hits

Average hit: 1,891
    Total unmit. damage taken: 104,007
    Total block reduced damage taken: 13,830
    Total damage taken: 117,837

Third build 32 Void Knight/18 Paladin/16 Warlord

53 total hits

Average hit: 2,101
    Total unmit. damage taken: 111,332
    Total block reduced damage taken: 21,070
    Total damage taken: 132,402

I plan redoing all of these with full buffs, but wanted to do unbuffed first. Also I know the VK should take more damage since I did not utilize Accord of Resilience, but I didn't keep up Binding of Death with the 38 reaver on live, which is our "OP" ability there.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 10-11-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Tested base migitation of different specs in gp on two different mobs with their abilities.
    Physical-dmg:50% dmg taken(more than live)
    magical-dmg:100%-200%(more than live)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...igitation.html
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-11-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    All of these numbers are from the same character. Same exact gear. For the tests I forewent using any self buffs, no shields from healers or essences, and no abilities that reduce damage taken.

This is from the ability called Breaker that the large water elementals in AP use, water based non-physical damage.

The first build is a 38 Reaver/16 Warlord/12 Paladin on Live.

53 total hits

Average Hit: 875
    Total unmit. damage taken: 46,353
    Total block reduced damage taken: 41,304
    Total damage taken: 87,657

Now to the PTS:

Second build 51 Paladin/12 Warlord/3 Void Knight

53 total hits

Average hit: 1,891
    Total unmit. damage taken: 104,007
    Total block reduced damage taken: 13,830
    Total damage taken: 117,837

Third build 32 Void Knight/18 Paladin/16 Warlord

53 total hits

Average hit: 2,101
    Total unmit. damage taken: 111,332
    Total block reduced damage taken: 21,070
    Total damage taken: 132,402

I plan redoing all of these with full buffs, but wanted to do unbuffed first. Also I know the VK should take more damage since I did not utilize Accord of Resilience, but I didn't keep up Binding of Death with the 38 reaver on live, which is our "OP" ability there.
    How much dmg reduction you lose from reaver from live to pts?

And thanks for putting the numbers!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kenji1134 View Post
    I believe that on the now locked beta forums from this weekend's beta, it was already pointed out how Warrior RESISTS, and possibly magic mitigation, are not working correctly.

There have already been tests showing using the ice elemental from xCC that with roughly equal resistance values and no short term mitigation/shielding buffs, a cleric and rogue tank took about half as much damage from the elemental's water attacks as a warrior tank did.

So equal-ish resists, all at about 40-50%... warrior takes twice as much damage as a rogue/cleric... rogue/cleric mitigates half the incoming damage, warrior doesnt... warrior resists or magic mit is busted. This would explain why we are being owned by anything that does non-physical damage.
    Its seems you are correct on this, aswell

Vekk playing the reading comprehension card.

Aces.

Frankly, I definitely agree that this needs to be looked at if ID-geared tanks need a dedicated healer to plow through initial tier content. Fresh tanks may be in trouble taking the hits, but it might mean experts now also need a pure healer AND a support character/off-healer, which might be fine given the increase in tank damage and in support damage. We need to know what Trion's expectations are for a given tier of content to see if the changes are in line with intended/expected performance, because with the details given to date, the reality does not match currently provided expectations, and that is the "point".
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-11-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #75
    Rift Team

We don't intend things to change, obviously in some way they have. We are going to have a team looking into this.

Thank you guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast