+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: Rift Resists tanking

Soulwalker

Default Rift Resists tanking

ok so i am coming back to the game sense a year off and there alot to do to get myself ready to tank. I hear alot of different things so i would pref input from people who have actually tanked hk rotp ect but will take anything ima dummy when it comes to new content. Im building fire resist sigil for rotp and water for HK ive head just stack the good runes your the tank you dont need resists and ive hear the opposite that i do need them. Yes i alredy know how geared my healers are is going to also be a factor the more geared they are the less i need resist for or so i would assume. Whats the deal am i wasting time making fire and water sigiils

Soulwalker

i have also been told to make a BIS sigil and go for stats first then make the resist sets IMPUT PLEASE

If you are geared enough to actually be doing rotp you dont really need a fire resist machine, although it is marginally helpful. You will eventually need fire for id as well as earth. As far as water in hk the only fights that actually need it are garu and aky. I dont even use a full water core for them, just 2 water lessers and an extra set of shoulders with a water rune on them. I also run with the points in warlord for extra resists.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Soulwalker

Default Tanking

game sense a year
    O_o

Anyway, RotP does not require a fire resist machine/sigil. HK will, but as has been stated, you won't need it until upstairs, and really, it's only for Garu, b/c I run my noraml BiS tanking sigil on Aky with no problems and no water resist anything.

However, if you have plans to move beyond Gmarks and get Imarks in ID/PF, you WILL need a fire resist sigil and earth resist sigil. So plan ahead for those collecting the inscribed that you need. Most fights you can get away with the regular 38rv build and your normal BiS, but a few require specialty builds. PF does NOT require a life resist sigil/machine.

Soulwalker

thanks alot for info guys i really appriciate it

DPS needs:
    -BiS
    -Water Resist for HK
    -Fire Resist for ID
    -Earth Resist for ID

Tanks need:
    -BiS
    -Fire Resist for ID
    -Earth Resist for ID
    Nope.

In general you need to make your BiS tanking sigil first because you will need it no matter what. After that worry about the situational ones you'll need as mentioned above.

Soulwalker

So is a bis sigil the tank runes that cost 100 inscribed????

+ Reply to Thread