+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I want to be a VK

Default I want to be a VK

This is a followup post to someone's Warlord post. Short story is I an sick of using reaver for everything and wish that other souls were more viable. Use this thread if you agree and post your wish list for the soul. Brownie points if you don't make it op in pvp.

I'd like to see Pact conversion +surge become a massive 35m AOE threat to compete with DOL.
    It would also be nice to see the mans drains affect energy in power like every other mans drain.
    Lastly, some additional mitigation and block to make a deep VK build competitive with 38rv. Make it scale beyond 32 so that it doesn't make ragestorm become OP and I think we'd be fine.

1 build to rule them all is boring
    Last edited by Sebb; 05-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I want to be a paladin yo.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    I want to be a paladin yo.
    I actually use 44 pally for Drak/Mak and Conclave. I feel dirty though every time I see an unblocked attack go through. It's pretty stupid that a non Power Drained WOI would 1 shot a paladin.

On Drak I'm just an interrupt *****, and not having Plague Bringer makes keeping firestorms's CCd easier.
    On Conclave I don't touch Errutu. IG makes some of the kiting steps easier and makes P2 a bit easier.
    Mak is all physical.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I always enjoyed the warlord tree but dont feel it's fair to healers to use.

VK is fun too.

I wish we had the aggro clerics did. Holy smokes my baby cleric makes some seriously large aggro.
    Last edited by Tufelhunden; 05-22-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    This is a followup post to someone's Warlord post. Short story is I an sick of using reaver for everything and wish that other souls were more viable. Use this thread if you agree and post your wish list for the soul. Brownie points if you don't make it op in pvp.

I'd like to see Pact conversion +surge become a massive 35m AOE threat to compete with DOL.
    It would also be nice to see the mans drains affect energy in power like every other mans drain
    Yes, in my opinion reaver tanking is a bit "dull" compared to what 51vk tanking used to be for example.

I for once also enjoy VK a lot but would be content if other souls just became more viable, and not having all my builds revolving around the same common denominator that is 38 reaver.

I remember carrying different builds with different combination of souls and talents prior to 1.6 (51vk, reaver hybrid, 32 warlord, ...) and whilst some were stronger than others, one could really use each of them effectivelty according to the encounter.. That variety of playstyles and abilities it what I'm really missing the most now..

I run 38/28 VK/Pal for just about all non raid content (and some raid content outside of ID actually). Mainly due to the utility, the heals, and the mass aoe threat. The one thing I'd like what Sebb mentioned, the ability to maintain threat in AoE like a Cleric tank.

It makes pulling instances so slow when I have to worry about losing agro on mobs when # > 10. Let alone my inferior self/group heals, I'd be happy to just be able to hodl threat on that many targets.

reaver threat all day! i waited so long for reaver to be a good tank soul! now it is glad i came back to rift when i did!
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    reaver threat all day! i waited so long for reaver to be a good tank soul! now it is glad i came back to rift when i did!
    You mean you didn't run RV/PL/VK back in the day? Or RV/PL/WL? I swear I've been using reaver ever since I started tanking T1s.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

You mean you didn't run RV/PL/VK back in the day? Or RV/PL/WL? I swear I've been using reaver ever since I started tanking T1s.
    na
    used 51 VK / 9 paly /6 wl i think for everything when i was tanking HK

and before HK in t2s i used to go like 32 paly / the rest VK for everything, little warlord for spotters lol

i was a DPS until HK though.
    Last edited by lameboi; 05-22-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Ascendant

VK isn't a bad spec. People just dismissed it based on paper PTS before it ever became practice.
    If reaver didn't exist, VK would be very popular. There's not nearly so much wrong with VK as there is something wrong with people's incessant focus on paper best in class.

Both VK and warlord have a lot of potential in ID in situations that consistently give teams trouble, but good luck getting anyone to accurately assess that. To them, going anything but reaver is just going to be "too much damage."

Paladin is actually the tanking spec where there's little promise in its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    VK isn't a bad spec. People just dismissed it based on paper PTS before it ever became practice.
    If reaver didn't exist, VK would be very popular. There's not nearly so much wrong with VK as there is something wrong with people's incessant focus on paper best in class.

Both VK and warlord have a lot of potential in ID in situations that consistently give teams trouble, but good luck getting anyone to accurately assess that. To them, going anything but reaver is just going to be "too much damage."

Paladin is actually the tanking spec where there's little promise in its advantages.
    The advantages are obvious math.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Obvious math is why we don't pay mathematicians that much.

Rift Disciple

I like the energy and power reduction part would make it pretty good to use.

OFC the number should be reduced for energy and power.... not sure how to balance the numbers on this maybe base it on the dominator numbers and sin poison drain numbers.

Would make this a good tank spec for laythes if these changes are made.. also a rumor about the update 1.10 bringing in new souls or increasing lvl cap could be true.

I base this on the absence of the class devs and also on the insane ammount of new zones that will be coming out with it. Also from fourm posts it can be deduced that 1.9 is already done and work on 1.10 has already started. With bug fixes and finishing touch still being done on 1.9 so dont expect anything new class wise for 1.9.

I do expect something new class wise for 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Obvious math is why we don't pay mathematicians that much.
    Which is why I'm confused why you'd make that post. The benefits to Pally builds are so obvious.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Which is why I'm confused why you'd make that post. The benefits to Pally builds are so obvious.
    So are the benefits of warlord.
    But all some people care about is simple HPS versus DPS generic mitigation. IE the maths.

Why go paladin off tank when you can go two warlords.

Just because its' harder to coordinate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast