+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Tanking Sigil

Soulwalker

Default Fire Tanking Sigil

As ID quickly approaches, I am left with a curiously empty feeling (and fire sigil.) Any thoughts on how soon a fire (and earth for that matter) tanking sigil will be needed? Will a BiS tanking sigil be enough or must I rush to farm ALL the ISS to buy the meager ones sold in Sanctum?

Champion

It never hurts to be prepared.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

I already have a Fire Sigil, just for Rotp and the t2 fire rift.

Actually i have a sigil for every element :/

The earth essenses are quite good for block.

Am thinking of making an endurance sigil in he future though.

I really wish greater essenses would actually live up to their name, I gave up on them, as a Tank.

Soulwalker

Default dat sigil

Where'd you get enough fire resist tanking essences to actually make a whole fire resist tanking sigil? I can make a DPS one no problem. But after taking a loot at the warrior BiS list and selecting only the fire resist essences, I'm left curiously empty.

Rift Master

Remember with resists, thats the only stat that matters. Anything else is a bonus. However thats no excuse for the crappy itemization that never was addressed by trion.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Resist cores have never really been needed for tanks, given their huge mitigation already.

I don't think a Fire Resist tanking core is going to mitigate enough Fire damage to make up for how much more physical damage you would take due to poor itemisation.
    Nope.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Resist cores have never really been needed for tanks, given their huge mitigation already.

I don't think a Fire Resist tanking core is going to mitigate enough Fire damage to make up for how much more physical damage you would take due to poor itemisation.
    I agree, BUT resist cores are needed for magical bosses. Purely magical attacks. The only pure magic boss I know of is Inquisitor Garau. It's the only time i use my water resist core as a tank

I grinded out fire/earth just incase there is a fire/earth magical boss.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

I can't see any encounter in ID being purely magical, not from the information I've seen.

But it's always better to be safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 04-16-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    I agree, BUT resist cores are needed for magical bosses. Purely magical attacks. The only pure magic boss I know of is Inquisitor Garau. It's the only time i use my water resist core as a tank

I grinded out fire/earth just incase there is a fire/earth magical boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I can't see any encounter in ID being purely magical, not from the information I've seen.

But it's always better to be safe than sorry.
    It can only help your raid if you do it. If there is a boss that requires it, and you don't have it, you'll be scrambling and your raid will stall while you get it done. If there isn't, well, you have a shiny sigil.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Archo View Post
    Where'd you get enough fire resist tanking essences to actually make a whole fire resist tanking sigil? I can make a DPS one no problem. But after taking a loot at the warrior BiS list and selecting only the fire resist essences, I'm left curiously empty.
    It has alot of parry :/ but i was going for the resist, got them from t2 fire rifts, this event with the molten coinage, and the fire planar vendor. Not as its wrong to be prepared.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archo View Post
    1 from current event (2x if you use a cleric tank item)
    1 vendor 100 ISS
    1 Raid Rift
    1 T2 raid rift
    1 vendor 50 ISS
    1 vendor 50 ISS -- 17 End/24 FR
    1 vendor 50 or 100 ISS -- cleric tank (end/FR basically)

There's 8 FR tank essences (End/FR), pick the best 6. Ignore any stat other than End and FR and pick the best 6. Yes, your block and dodge will suck. There's really no reason to use a FR sigil over a BiS sigil. Unless you're like me and only have resist sigils....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

+ Reply to Thread