Closed Thread

Thread: Solo Warrior build

Rift Disciple

Default Solo Warrior build

Looking for a solid solo warrior build with maximum survivability, just to get me to 50 (or thereabout), then I can switch to a more tank-like build. Tried heavy Reaver and while you do get some healing from the build it's not enough if you get 2 or 3 adds, tried a BM as I though the pet would help a lot but it doesn't seem to benifit the BM in the same way as, say a Ranger's pet benefits them. Anyway just fishing around for some builds that people really like to solo with.

Ascendant

44 Riftblade and then points in whatever else you want. Your choices are either 22 Reaver (maximum self-healing), 12 Paladin/10 Reaver (Sweeping Strikes is a very hard hitting AoE), or 22 Champion (best single-target out of all of these).

Plane Touched

Strange. Heavy Reaver with the rest in RB is usually enough for soloing numbers.

And I love people who keep writing about 44 points in RB, like you don't have to solo stuff until level 44...

bananas don't care
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-12-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tierr View Post
    Looking for a solid solo warrior build with maximum survivability, just to get me to 50 (or thereabout), then I can switch to a more tank-like build. Tried heavy Reaver and while you do get some healing from the build it's not enough if you get 2 or 3 adds, tried a BM as I though the pet would help a lot but it doesn't seem to benifit the BM in the same way as, say a Ranger's pet benefits them. Anyway just fishing around for some builds that people really like to solo with.
    Well you haven't given your level away in the post so it's hard to know where you're at already...

So with that in mind... all I can offer is my current 50 solo build, which is 44RB 22Champ. The more crit you have, the more healing you recieve.

Have a look at this post:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ior-build.html

lots of great stuff including levelling info.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dyak View Post
    Strange. Heavy Reaver with the rest in RB is usually enough for soloing numbers.

And I love people who keep writing about 44 points in RB, like you don't have to solo stuff until level 44...
    Soloing while leveling requires nothing special. I did it as a BM/Para for instance.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Soloing while leveling requires nothing special. I did it as a BM/Para for instance.
    That might depend on the quests you are doing. For normal ones, you don't need anything special - absolutely true. But for 3-man ones, you might need something heavy duty. That's where I used my special Rv/RB/WL build. This also helps against big invasion groups, though my own build was not trash-optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierr View Post
    Been leveling another warrior on the side, mostly because I farmed most of it and didn't see content in different zones. I use a 2hd with Reaver/RB and it's working out well, but I'm pretty familiar with spec and the conditions to use certain talents.

Soul sickness at 100% health return by itself doesn't keep you at full, you'll need Master of the Abyss to get you back up to full about every 3 to 4 groups you pull. It's on a two minute timer so you can use it pretty often. Also, be sure to only cast Soul Sickness when the group is clumped together or you're only getting health return from one instead of all of them. So I usually give advice to separate your macros, one to do Pulling (PB + NW) and the other expressly for groups. Occassionally kiting with Weakening essence and using your ranged dots + RB finishers works wonders at replenishing yourself back up to full health as well.

If you come back to this post, post your macros as well as what level you are at currently. Also, are you sword and boarding it or 2hd? At level 32, I can show you a build that is pretty stout that eats melee packs up like there is no tomorrow.

Also, have you read this post already? I probably need to throw a few videos and explanation on how to use the abilities. I'm working on a revamp of it for patch 1.8 to be posted after all changes are made. Some interesting things coming in next patch.

A hitchhiker's guide to warrior soloing
    Last edited by ViolenceWorks; 03-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.

This is the first game I have ever created a warrior with and am up to level 44 now with an alt. I am using tank build only due to I want to get used to that. I have had no problems at all with groups of mobs and can consistently go 2 levels above my level fighting mobs. I do well in dungeons, and have only had to use my 5 min self heal occasionaly when in a pinch. I have used Ciderhelm's guide to leveling up a tank and its been great for me, maybe it will help. check out the site if you are looking for dps info. Since my interest was only in tanking thats pretty much what I looked for and used.

http://ciderhelm.com/?p=359

good luck!
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Closed Thread