+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Trions stand as far as Warriors DPS go

  1. #31
    Soulwalker Paladium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default I agree with this statement...

    Quote Originally Posted by SAZABI View Post
    Even though I hate Trion and this warrior dev, I kinda agree that warrior dps should be lower than mage and rogue.

    A warrior should not out dps mage/rouge, BUT should be much harder to be killed since they wear plates. Unfortunately, the returds decided to give us low dps and also low survivability. BIG FAIL!
    Using T2/R1 gear using the top dps spec... and I have huge down time between (solo) pulls in EL. Yet I can watch fellow guildies similary geared, but as rogues or casters, and they have no where near the down time. A group of us tested this just for ****s and grins. Low dps (comparitively), low survival, and no self healing ability worth a crap unless speced into pally quite a way, which in turn gimps dps even more.

    Feels like we are at the bottom of the food chain......
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMD 1090T 3.9ghz, ASUS Crosshair Extreme IV, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
    10K Raptor, dual Nvidia GTX 560 video cards

  2. #32
    Shadowlander Stratego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Warriors have 1 option to dps, unless you are the tank which for the most part there is only 1 needed for raids some bosses etc require 2. So other than the 1 or 2 warriors a guild needs for tanking the rest of wars only get to do dps.

    We should be the absolute best at it since it is the only option we have. Jack of all trades never masters any of them. So why is that say a cleric who does all 4 things can do the one thing wars can do equally as well?

    I cancelled my sub and i am out. I spent a lot of time getting all this fancy relic gear from HK for nothing.

    Are we just living ghosts,Waiting to be freed,Stuck at the tipping point, We never dare exceed, And what if no one comes, To liberate our souls, And all of this is all there is, To make us whole

  3. #33
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I aggree with a earlier poster, in that beastmaster currently seams to have a fair amount of support, it would be nice to see beastmaster and the support elements of Warload combined into a functioning support spec.

    thinking the likes of Aid Command, spotters orders, call to battle etc

  4. #34
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Because how many warriors would actually want to be a heal/support player? ...thought so.
    I would, gives more diversity and options instead of dpsing all the time which can get boring. Gives the game more diversity in not having to wait a damn cleric healer to get on to do anything. No doubt there will be times where I'm gonna cry about it when people tell me to switch to heals when a healer doesn't show to raid or etc but it beats waiting for one.
    Last edited by Noctisx; 02-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

  5. #35
    RIFT Guide Writer Sebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Because how many warriors would actually want to be a heal/support player? ...thought so.
    I would be really interested in the option to be a healer a la WOW. At the very least, it'd spread some things out in war fronts.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

  6. #36
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default huh

    hold on let me get this right....you are saying rogues have a healing spec...no just no...they have a support spec..ill give you that but if you are depending on a rogue for heals..well you are going to be sorry. as far as dps goes, ill agree that a ranged should do slightly less damage than someone in meele. But a rogue or cleric in meele should do just as much as a warrior in meele.Why, because if they are in meele they are taking the same chances as the warrior and have as few options as that warrior. So dont ask for others to be nerfed because you want to stroke your epeen with big numbers...ask for ranged, support, healing options like the others have .

  7. #37
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    259

    Default

    In my opinion when you play in the same condition you should be able to do quite the same thing.
    All ranged dps should be able to do the same dps and it should be the same for people in melee.
    As warrior can't really dps at range they take less damage/ have a better armor. That is a good think and it's normal.
    In my opinion warrior should make just a few more dps than other calling when fighting a ennemy you can hit all the time. If you don't have to get at range you should do better dps because when you will have to you wont have any burst. Most of the other calling have capacity that will make a lot of damage but those capacity have a cooldown. However if you used those capacity before you have to move while you are moving you are getting it ready again. So when you will fight again you would be able to use it and do more dps.
    For the warrior i think it's different because everytime you stop to attack you will lose dps and you don't really have boost with cooldown to reduce the loss
    When you have to move all the time then warrior should do less dammage (as less as they do more when they can hit all the time)
    In my opinion that what we can see now.

    I haven't play a lot since 1.7 have been release but with the hotfix one i have the same dps that my equally geared teammate. (i didn't had it before).
    So in my opinion our dps are quite good now with middle/low stuff (i only have t1 raid gear) that's why i think that they should only work on how we scale. As they already said they are working on it i thnik it will be fine. They managed to get equally geraed player at the same dps with medium stuff i am sure they will be able to do it for high end stuff. (I only know that there is difference for what people are saying on this forum i haven't experienced it myself)

  8. #38
    Plane Touched NzFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadawin1998 View Post
    Hello Trion,

    I am just curious what your view is on the fact that in Rift.. the warrior class.. which is the only one that has no Healing Spec... is one of the lowest when it comes to DPS.

    If it really doesnt matter that a rogue who can spec a healer.. can have 5k dps vs a warrios 3k dps on sicaron.. why can you not make some warrior healing tree ? paladin healing bla bla..

    .. that or just make it so that a class that cannot do all things another class can do.. or does not have all options.. at least is in general BETTER on the options it can do.

    Sincerely,

    Steelpride ( Ze Warrior )
    lost me when you said "is one of the lowest when it comes to DPS"

    lost me again with "rogue who can spec a healer"

    im going to guess you don't play the game.
    yes warriors need a support role

  9. #39
    Rift Master youkiddingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    629

    Default

    First take time and understand what I am trying to say. English grammar is not my strong suit. I like to make a argument for warrior having more soul tress.

    It seems in this thread the warriors want to have what the cleric have in general game use and wear plate. Cleric can tank, heal and dps (Never sure on the support part). Yet clerics have and still have a major problem. Very few raids want to take them in just for dps and as tank itís questionable at best. The fact is it took a year for them even to get close to other classes in dps and to be able to tank. Yet ask any pug if the want just a dps or tank cleric. The answer usably no and why should we bring in a cleric dps answer. Is this what warriors want? The support part of rogue at best is just 300 dps and archon is 560 for a good one. Thus, if you want this ask Trion just to give cleric plate gear.

    Nonetheless if they demand to have all classes and see no reason why not to add more soul to the mix. Then there dps and tank aspect should be reduced down to cleric levels. Then allow mage and rogue dps to be the top spot and rogue be the top tank. That would be the only fair thing to do and give them what they want: A more versatile class. That for some reason they want a company to change to fit their needs, instead on rolling a class that has all they want.

    This is the standard argument why cleric must be the worst dps and tank. Since it seem what warrior think is fair. then see no reason why not if they get a healing and/or support tree. Thus, it would be a opportunity for warriors to get all they ask for.

    As it stands now most raids are 8 warriors/6 mages (in that area), 3clerics and 3 rouge is the standard build up in almost every raid I have been in. this is do to warrior and mages dps. Yes the latest patch did nerf those who use cookie builds. But it boosted those who use out of the box build. In the raid I was in the warrior and mages were out dps the two rouge dps. That been the standard mix for long as I can remember.

    Donít get me wrong BM needs some major tweaks. There are some core ability that needs to be done away with and more useful ability put into place. It would not even so far fetch to add a healing unicorn or gryphon as its 31 point tree for a healing pet. Then adjust some other ability into the mix and then its perfect.

    Make no mistake donít mess with the tank trees It adds to the mix and really allows some verity. If reduce to just two tank tree it will get boring fast. As it stands it more fun with 4 tank trees and wish clerics and rogue had that option. thus, that my take.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

  10. #40
    Shield of Telara Rexxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Because how many warriors would actually want to be a heal/support player? ...thought so.
    I would actually love to play warheals in pvp.
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

  11. #41
    RIFT Guide Writer Sebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Honestly, if there were more healing souls in the game, I think everyone wouldn't care how well clerics can dps. They got a nice little buff in 1.7. But right now the thought is "clerics heal - they can't dps". If mages healed, rogues had a heal soul, warriors had a heal soul, then we'd have more equality and people would look more for play style.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

  12. #42
    Rift Disciple Keldaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tankmeat View Post
    hold on let me get this right....you are saying rogues have a healing spec...no just no...they have a support spec..ill give you that but if you are depending on a rogue for heals..well you are going to be sorry. as far as dps goes, ill agree that a ranged should do slightly less damage than someone in meele. But a rogue or cleric in meele should do just as much as a warrior in meele.Why, because if they are in meele they are taking the same chances as the warrior and have as few options as that warrior. So dont ask for others to be nerfed because you want to stroke your epeen with big numbers...ask for ranged, support, healing options like the others have .
    Actually, quite frequently i grab my friend (a rogue) and my mage friend and we Que up as tank healer support then once inside the mage goes dps and lets the rogue heal me and he does so without any problems... infact we've spent many a night complaining about how we couldn't Que up with him healing. beyond that your splitting hairs with the point. the point is that all other classes have other roles available to them for added versatility. were literally the least versatile class and if you truly want to balance everything then we ether need more versatility (my vote since it would quite those like you who think this is about ego) or we need to be better dps

  13. #43
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadawin1998 View Post
    the way this works is simple and everywhere the same.. "the squeeky wheel gets the grease"... so... we need strong support if people are willing that either they give us a healing option.. or increase our dps to the point where we arent BELOW by a far margin of other classes that have healing options.

    nefelia -- im not sure if you understood what this is about. unless of course in your opinion a rogue that has option to heal and tank can have far higher damage in their dps spec.. than a warrior can who does not have the option to heal...

    i dunno how others see it in general but i always imagine like this.. the more OPTIONS a class has.. the less it should be able to do in comparison to other classes who don't have those options. i think of lets say a class who can heal / tank / dps.. should have as 33% effectiveness split on each.. as in a class who can only tank / dps.. should have 50%.. as such.. they should be able to tank and dps slightly better than the class who can also heal.

    if this doesnt matter.. if honestly a class who can do MORE than another class can still do things the same and even BETTER as far as specs go where they do the same thing.. then make them both the same. give warriors heal / tank / dps options.. and ill be more than happy to accept an argument that warriors shouldent do more dps than cleric or mage or rogues.... ( honestly in my view.. since mages dont really have a "tank" tree option .. it is NP for my view that they do same dps as warriors... but more than rogues / clerics who have 3 way split )
    I disagree. Each class should be able to do something better than the rest, and for warriors that's tanking.

    But, as for DPS if we are not first, we should be no less than second by just a few DPS points, There does not seem to be a reason for a class with only two roles to not be the best at one of them and second best at the other.

    Warriors should be:

    Number 1 in tanking, we are.

    Number one in Melee DPS, we are.

    Number two - three at range DPS, we're not.

    The real problem we all have as players, is Trion will not commit to our roles and our rankings in each of them.

    Clearly defined should be who is the best at what situation, who should be second and who is third. The differences between 1-2 should not be significant. the difference between 2-3 should be even less. No class should be worse than 3 at any role they're capable of filling. With that information all of the arguing between classes could end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts