+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Damage Formula Changes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    One man's nerf is another man's bug fix. All other +%dam mechanics across the other 3 classes are additive. This was basically correcting a past bug within the warrior damage calculations.
    The dev explicitly said it was intended to be multiplicative. When something that is WAI is nerfed to drastically reduce its power then it is no longer a bug fix.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #92
    Rift Team

At this time, there are no Talents or abilities that should be working in a multiplicative fashion. It was never intended to function that way. Some other recent changes we just made revealed how the bug was happening, and once fixed it revealed a damage disparity with what is on live and what our tests were showing. I am currently looking into just how much of an impact it actually is and will make changes to fix it.

Also, in response to another train of thought I have seen on the past few pages. the intent is to get all AP changes in for 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    At this time, there are no Talents or abilities that should be working in a multiplicative fashion. It was never intended to function that way. Some other recent changes we just made revealed how the bug was happening, and once fixed it revealed a damage disparity with what is on live and what our tests were showing. I am currently looking into just how much of an impact it actually is and will make changes to fix it.

Also, in response to another train of thought I have seen on the past few pages. the intent is to get all AP changes in for 1.8.
    Thanks for getting back to us. In the end, like Sebb mentioned, making everything additive will make your job easier. However, I think it is your responsibility to do everything in your power to do what is right and have our DPS be on 1.7 what it is on live. We aren't asking for a buff. I am against all bugs, and if SLI wasn't WAI then so be it. Just don't nerf us.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Champion of Telara

That is good to hear, it means 1.8 would be much easier to fix their problems, but!

Try to balance it so in 1.7 their damage remains as it is, then fix it all together in 1.8 with AP values etc.

I dont think i can handle 4-5 weeks of Warriors forums if they lose even 10 DPS O_O
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

and I think this is absolutely the right approach and glad a year later it's getting fixed...but i am perplexed how this happens to come up accidentally after such a long time period, and more worried about the corrective action to maintain warrior competitive dps. Especially since 1.7 is at best 9 days away.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    That is good to hear, it means 1.8 would be much easier to fix their problems, but!

Try to balance it so in 1.7 their damage remains as it is, then fix it all together in 1.8 with AP values etc.

I dont think i can handle 4-5 weeks of Warriors forums if they lose even 10 DPS O_O
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...%20gear&page=1
    You can thank me later

(Gear)

Pssssh, as long as my riftblade keeps critting for above 1k in pvp, I am happy. (They call me easy to please)
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

Ascendant

That's definitely the right course of action in the long rung, but we're definitely going to need a dps bump because you're taking 18% multiplicative damage and turning it into 18% additive damage. When we're already sitting on 150 - 200% additive damage, this current 18% damage increase is now nerfed down to 6-10% damage increase.

We've lost 8-12% damage by this one simple change and we need to get that 8-12% bump some other way. Perhaps consider changing Deadly Strikes to be +20/40/60% damage. Additively, this is about the same damage as we see with 18% multiplicatively.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 01-30-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    That's definitely the right course of action in the long rung, but we're definitely going to need a dps bump because you're taking 18% multiplicative damage and turning it into 18% additive damage. When we're already sitting on 150 - 200% additive damage, this current 18% damage increase is now nerfed down to 6-10% damage increase.

We've lost 8-12% damage by this one simple change and we need to get that 8-12% bump some other way. Perhaps consider changing Deadly Strikes to be +20/40/60% damage. Additively, this is about the same damage as we see with 18% multiplicatively.

Now you know how clerics felt with the 25% damage boost they got it wasn't really 25%... I think you will survive doing a little less dps as mages will be doing less also. They want the damage down as they said in pvp thread..
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 01-30-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Sounds good to me. As I said numerous times in this thread, easiest thing to do is to buff WS/TOFR to compensate.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Now you know how clerics felt with the 25% damage boost they got it wasn't really 25%... I think you will survive doing a little less dps as mages will be doing less also. They want the damage down as they said in pvp thread..
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.

I must be the only person playing rift who has never posted in the other class forums nor even reads them because I coudln't care less on what doesn't affect me...Actually, since i'm generally in raid with 15 or so non warriors...i hope you guys are as awesome as possible.

If there ever is a relevant aspect of PVP in this game i may change my mind...until then, may you all do as much dps as possible...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    Which part was flawed? The 25% damage boost clerics got was not a true 25%, or the part where I said they wanted damage to come down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We've been looking into the fast kill times on PTS from the previous play session.

It appears that there was a pretty major issue with Strike Like Iron and other abilities that have PvP specific mods - those abilities were actually being made better not worse in the PTS environment. This accounts for some of the very fast kill times from Para/Champs that people were experiencing.

~Daglar
    So they fix the issue just to return the dps? Your opinion of needing dps is the one that is flawed, my statements were facts and the yours was wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 01-30-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Well that's flat out contradictory to what we've been told in the past. We specifically asked if Deadly Strikes was supposed to be multiplicative or additive, and we were told by a dev it is meant to be multiplicative. It does make it easier if everything is additive, but please don't say it "wasn't working as intended".

Also, you shouldn't be monkeying with any of these things until you have nailed down AP changes as well. It seems like all this is going to do is nerf our DPS until 1.8 when we get proper AP scaling. And at that poin who knows if our DPS will ever return.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Which part was flawed? The 25% damage boost clerics got was not a true 25%, or the part where I said they wanted damage to come down?

So they fix the issue just to return the dps? Your opinion of needing dps is the one that is flawed, my statements were facts and the yours was wishful thinking.
    You think warriors should lose 300 dps. That is wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast