+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 880
Like Tree251Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Changes for Physical DPS and Warrior Power regeneration feedback

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    341

    Default PVP Changes for Physical DPS and Warrior Power regeneration feedback

    Ok so now that all of the patch notes are up I am starting this thread to get feedback. Please do not put feedback here for the Beastmaster changes or for any concerns about PVP abilities being gone with the removal of the PVP Souls. Those are valid concerns but I do not want to derail this thread with them.

    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game.

    The second issue is the Physical damage in PVP. In exploring the issues that were at play here we found that behind all of them was the fact that we increase Armor values by far more on items post level 50 than we do Elemental defenses. The result was that in PVP players were dealing far more damage to one another with Elemental attacks that bypass armor than they were with Physical attacks. The result was that players no longer used Physical attacks and so Armor became useless. This problem came to the front because it needed to be fixed, and was only going to get worse. Because it would be fixed eventually, we decided that we needed to do it before we enhanced any Physical DPS on Souls so that we would not then have to re-nerf all of those fixes once the Armor issues were resolved. So the end result is that we have fixed the problems with Armor and it's exacerbation of Physical mitigation in PVP, resulting in increased Physical DPS. We need feedback on this and the impact it has as the ramifactions are wide spread. if there are significant issues with survivability or continuing issues with Physical DPS then please post those here so we can look at them as we move forward.

    Thank you all.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Ok so now that all of the patch notes are up I am starting this thread to get feedback. Please do not put feedback here for the Beastmaster changes or for any concerns about PVP abilities being gone with the removal of the PVP Souls. Those are valid concerns but I do not want to derail this thread with them.

    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game.

    The second issue is the Physical damage in PVP. In exploring the issues that were at play here we found that behind all of them was the fact that we increase Armor values by far more on items post level 50 than we do Elemental defenses. The result was that in PVP players were dealing far more damage to one another with Elemental attacks that bypass armor than they were with Physical attacks. The result was that players no longer used Physical attacks and so Armor became useless. This problem came to the front because it needed to be fixed, and was only going to get worse. Because it would be fixed eventually, we decided that we needed to do it before we enhanced any Physical DPS on Souls so that we would not then have to re-nerf all of those fixes once the Armor issues were resolved. So the end result is that we have fixed the problems with Armor and it's exacerbation of Physical mitigation in PVP, resulting in increased Physical DPS. We need feedback on this and the impact it has as the ramifactions are wide spread. if there are significant issues with survivability or continuing issues with Physical DPS then please post those here so we can look at them as we move forward.

    Thank you all.
    Im going on the PTS now to try out 51 champ, but i just dont understand the change. Ill see how it goes.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Characters with excessively high armor mitigation for their Calling at level 50 will have the effectiveness of that mitigation reduced in PvP. The net result is increased Physical DPS in PvP as compared to live against highly equipped targets. The mitigation reduction is shown in the tooltip when mousing over your Character Sheet's armor stat.
    \

    What exactly is "excessively high mitigation"?
    Marduke

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Im going on the PTS now to try out 51 champ, but i just dont understand the change. Ill see how it goes.
    I'm at work, can you post your findings here?
    Marduke

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Atrius: Don't mess with the power regen on PTS. It's spot on.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    I'm at work, can you post your findings here?
    for sure dude

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Uh, so warrior plate gets nerfed.

    How is this going to affect rogues who have armor penetration, versus warriors who do not?

    What exactly is the benefit of being a "plate and shield" class if armor is reduced heavily in pvp, and we require melee range?

    I'm not saying this isn't the right approach, perhaps, but this does make plate and S&B even worse than it was in pvp.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

  8. #8
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    for sure dude
    What a vague post from atrius, not sure what you can test, sounds like they just nerfed armor? Im confused...

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    Uh, so warrior plate gets nerfed.

    How is this going to affect rogues who have armor penetration, versus warriors who do not?

    What exactly is the benefit of being a "plate and shield" class if armor is reduced heavily in pvp, and we require melee range?

    I'm not saying this isn't the right approach, perhaps, but this does make plate and S&B even worse than it was in pvp.
    That was my first reaction ... who has more mitigation to physical damage then a S&B warrior? Or, did they set a cap on a per class basis?
    Marduke

  10. #10
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,906

    Default

    I think the way that you incorporated the armor changes is flawed. I think the souls that offer physical dps should just have armor penetration built into their mechanics. Now for instance rogues with high armor penetration can get a double benefit from this. Don't you think? I find it completely flawed. We give rogues spotters order, deflect like warrior. DR shields that mitigate all types of damage unlike warrior dps souls so what do you do when you are stuck with Hit mitigating warrior block, double tapping into the proposed fix with armor penetration and the complete lack of defensive CD in warrior dps souls?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    What a vague post from atrius, not sure what you can test, sounds like they just nerfed armor? Im confused...
    I think he wants to get his weekend on. Maybe he has a date and was running out of his cubicle in a hurry?
    Marduke

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    i think the better way would be to increase (aka introduce) elemental resists (for pvp) on items instead of nerfing the armor. Overall i think we have to MUCH damage generally in the game, not to less. So mitigation resistwise should increas not physical mitigation be reduced.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Atrius can you actually provide some useful info on what you actually did with armor vs physical attacks or are we supposed to figure it out on our own? Your op is borderline useless for testing/feedback.

    " hey gaiz we did stuff plz test the stuff we did thx "
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Atruis it a wonder you didnt want to post these changes until now. you didnt address a damn thing.

    Everyone is like hey Atruis, the wheel is falling off my car please fix it. You say HEY EVERYONE LOOK I FIXED YOUR RADIO!!!

    High armor is NOT the issue, all this does is screw over tank classes that A: Spec as a tank for improved survivability doing hardly any dps to defend them selves with and B: Get the shaft from elemental/magic damage.

    So your solution is to make tanks easier to kill and not even address the fact that magic totally bypasses armor AND focus nullifies resists?

    How does putting DR on high armor levels improve phys dps? this is NOT a buff to dps its a nerf to survivability. Unless the magic number where DR kicks in is MUCH lower for non warrior classes this is a straight kick in the junk to warriors.

    I sure set the bar low for this change and god damned if you didnt limbo your *** right under it.
    Last edited by Phillthy; 01-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker bear_on_the_job's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I seriously cannot believe this is the "fix" for warrior PVP. You nerf armor for warriors, and only warriors. We were already the weakest class regarding survivability, and you just made us more fragile. You REALLY need to explain this better and tell us what other PVP buffs we are getting, because this will probably kill all warriors left that PVP.

    While you're at it, FIX RESISTS IN PVP. Totally unbelievable...
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts