+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Changes for Physical DPS and Warrior Power regeneration feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #76
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    this is what am so worried about,i think it will make MMs and Sins a nightmares.
    We tested this with several MM builds because it was a worry for us as well, all of those tests came out with far less of an impact than we expected. The largest impacts across all Callings and Souls were to the Champion and the Paragon.

Ascendant

Looking over the physical DPS in PvP changes, it is most definitely a nerf to warrior survivability in comparison to what we gain in physical DPS.

A mage loses ~3% reduction from live, whereas I lose ~11% reduction.

Please fix the reduction so where it's static across classes instead of making plate even more useless.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #78
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet The Fierce View Post
    Thank you for the response, really appreciated.

At the moment, I'd say the real issue with energy regen is with the required combination of oCGD finishers and spamming AoE abilities for maximum damage at the top end. At the lower end, not being crit-capped or near crit-caps means even more normal rotations still starve you because of the reliance on oGCD abilities like Fiery Burst.

I understand there's a very fine edge with regards to this, but this is what happens with the current set of abilities and soul synergies. You don't have very granular control of energy regen since it is always at a static 100 points. Less of a buffer and even tiny changes to regen has large implications.

Pure Physical damage specs barely get any power starvation issues on live, but lose out on a lot of DPS from not spamming Fiery Burst. Energy regen might not be much of an issue if physical damage finishers did more damage or had secondary effects that made them worth the GCD and not such big DPS losses. This would then favour Fiery Burst being more integral to deep RB specs, where RB has the energy regen capability to handle Fiery Burst spam on a consistent basis.

However, I do understand this fix is coming from a purely regen point of view based on the current landscape of warrior builds. But do understand that come AP scaling patches, any further changes to soul combinations could trivialise energy regen completely should physical finishers become more attractive.

Anyway, I need sleep and will test this more tomorrow. You can count on further feedback from me.
    This concern regarding the Physical DPS of Finishers ties directly into the changes I will be working on in 1.8.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    This concern regarding the Physical DPS of Finishers ties directly into the changes I will be working on in 1.8.
    Well, it is more of a concern about unintended consequences later on when coupled with proposed/hinted changes. But yeah, good luck with both this patch and the next. I don't envy your current position and all the expectations heaped upon you.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Rift Chaser

Data:

In 2H:
    8123 armor,
    44.53% reduction in PvP

In SnB:
    46.37% reduction in PvP

So 1-(1-.4637)/(1-.4453)= 3.32% less incoming damage...

So I have a choice, a 2H, and all the extra damage that it brings, or take 3% less damage from physical attacks... Congratulations, you have made tanks completely useless...

Side note: IIRC, the armor mitigation formula is Armor/(Armor + X), X being I think 6500 at 50. Going off of that structure, at least from these 2 data points, albeit an EXTREMELY small sample size, it looks like the "PvP" armor equation is:

Armor / (Armor*2 + ~2000)

If that is the case, then perhaps some simple tinkering is in order.

We tested this with several MM builds because it was a worry for us as well, all of those tests came out with far less of an impact than we expected. The largest impacts across all Callings and Souls were to the Champion and the Paragon.
    That's a relief,Ty.
    About power regeneration i think you got it right.For non AOE abilities it may see a little too much but for AOE abilities we definitely need this regeneration rate.i will suggest to remove +10 power from planar blade rather than nerfing power regeneration rate.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    In my finding it is actually the best route to consider crafting valor shield, valor 1 hander, valor bow. Taking out valor essences for the highest endurance or go the relic HK tanking route and replacing some pieces for 2-4 peice sets? I don't know.
    nononononononono.

NO!

No valor one hander. Black iron hatchet is FAR from a 44 dps weapon.

and you can get 248 valor out of a max core. That is FAR better then any end your going to get.

Ascendant

Default I dont get it

Why not just give Champion, Paragon, Beastmaster, etc. armor reduction abilities. Problem solved right?
    Am i missing something, is it more complicated than that?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #84
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Why not just give Champion, Paragon, Beastmaster, etc. armor reduction abilities. Problem solved right?
    Am i missing something, is it more complicated than that?
    This was considered but runs into the same problem as increasing DPS. I would have to buff it again in the near future and when we did get around to fixing the Armor issues, we would have to come back and nerf these changes back to a reasonable level. Now, if it is decided that someone needs to get Armor penetration or increased DPS it will be a change that likely will not need to be nerfed back at any point in the future.

Rift Disciple

Has there been any thought into putting some valor on pvp shields? With these changes there will be very little use for SnB in pvp specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    nononononononono.

NO!

No valor one hander. Black iron hatchet is FAR from a 44 dps weapon.

and you can get 248 valor out of a max core. That is FAR better then any end your going to get.
    Well, this is basically my point. That it is better to stack valor than armor even for physical mitigation since the shield only gives a low percentage of mitigation. So all the armor from the shield is worthless in PvP. Valor from a shield may end up best in slot. Endurance can end up playing an even major role. Maybe I guess your point is Valor>end>armor? If so I agree totally but I do not know where that fine line is since for instance if you use a paly full heal and lets say you have 16k+ life is the extra 3-4k life better than 100 valor? It is debatable. But i would like to see your findings. I haven't the currency to test things out.

Ascendant

This was considered but runs into the same problem as increasing DPS. I would have to buff it again in the near future and when we did get around to fixing the Armor issues, we would have to come back and nerf these changes back to a reasonable level. Now, if it is decided that someone needs to get Armor penetration or increased DPS it will be a change that likely will not need to be nerfed back at any point in the future.
    Well there is no solution then, because i am hitting exactly the same on Mages, rogues, and clerics. I haven't dueled a warrior yet. I honestly don't know how this problem can be solved without giving souls a percentage based armor debuff value. If this patch hits live, i will have the same survivability as a Storm Caller, except that i am a front line fighter.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Keep in mind that this change in no way affects your survivability when facing opponents who use Elemental damage. The biggest impact will be against Paragon and Champion Specced Warriors.

I think maybe add valor to R8 shield? Just throwing ideas out there. It is more like an armor piece than a weapon piece anyhow.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Keep in mind that this change in no way affects your survivability when facing opponents who use Elemental damage. The biggest impact will be against Paragon and Champion Specced Warriors.
    What does this have to do with elemental damage? Mages are already "one-shotting" us warriors (if we are not fully tank specced) but that is another problem.
    The main problem is that armor and block was our only good defense againt melee rouges. And since rouge have survivabilty skill (several shields) + good damage, we wont stand a chance against them.
    Most people are fearing that the only class we are able to kill afterwards will be warriors.
    It seems we only have a disadvantage against other classes.
    Rouge dont care about armor they have other types of survivabilty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast