+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Changes for Physical DPS and Warrior Power regeneration feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    This has been one of my concerns, that it might be slightly high. I still want people to make a conscious choice to take things like Planar Blade or Fervor, but also have it a viable choice not to. It's a very thin razor's edge to balance there. I am curious what you are seeing if you use a Full AOE rotation with higher cost abilities?
    I can test that for you tonight.
    Please answer my above comment.
    Thank you

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    In max valor, counting Battlemaster's Brew, I have 49% reduction. With the helm rune, I'd be at 50%. With PA valor, I'd be at....50.6%, I believe.
    54% will be new cap I think. 1393 to be precise on the number that I don't feel like figuring out the exact % (got about 20 min left on pts update to check). buuuut that's unlikely on anything <rank 5 since that requires crafted valor weapons... 1300 is what I'm going to be running around with come 1.7 but you know... I'm a valor *****.

Telaran

R8 warrior sword and board

armour 13609
    67.68% reduction
    46.66% pvp reduction

lol ive lost 20% armour.

Ascendant

That seems to put most warrior builds at around the 45% mark from what I see posted on the forums. Not to bad.

This has been one of my concerns, that it might be slightly high. I still want people to make a conscious choice to take things like Planar Blade or Fervor, but also have it a viable choice not to. It's a very thin razor's edge to balance there. I am curious what you are seeing if you use a Full AOE rotation with higher cost abilities?
    I guess the question I'd fire back at you is, do you expect us to do this? I mean, if I want to play a champion, then I look at what the champion crystal encourages me to do. It's AOE based. Every other ability in the champion soul hit's like a wet noodle. If we were to use a lower cost ST finisher, we'd be better off just not using a finisher at all.

Re: Planar Blade vs Fervor.... Huh? You mean vs Storm Blade? The thing about RB specs (aside from being completely not viable in raiding environments) is that you are forced to spam OGCD finishers. You basically are required to take PB, which then kills your dps by an even larger margin.

Edit: Just want to point out that you have no other choice but to use bursts because Enhanced Burst and Rift Fury do not improve non elemental attacks. Hence the player cannot make a conscience choice to say, use Punishing Blow (lol i Know) instead of Fiery Burst because most of their dmg boost does not support any other in game finisher outside RB.
    Last edited by Sebb; 01-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Why is it that a shield only nets me a 2% physical damage reduction gain over my 2H? Obviously, not counting block.

In 2H:
    8123 armor,
    44.53% reduction in PvP

In SnB:
    46.37% reduction in PvP
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #67
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I can test that for you tonight.
    Please answer my above comment.
    Thank you
    If there appears to be a problem with survivability or with Cleric healing then we will deal with those issues.

Ascendant

if you test it and it is not working that way, please let me know. I will continue making changes until I get as close to that goal as possible.
    K, so bad news. I was doing a test on bleeds before where i would build up debilitating strike, armor debuff, words of war trinket, and then i would auto crit deathblow. I would hit him for around 1500..pretty bad. I did the same test on him just now and hit for 1600 . Titans Strike hit for 994. Pretty dissapointed.

No one in PVE will ever pick planar blade, so this is very good for PVE. I understand that planar blade might be popular in PVP, and that's reasonable. Is there a way you can make energy regen work a little different in PVP than PVE? I just would really hate to be disappointed after being so happy and being on the PTS.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Thank you for the response, really appreciated.

At the moment, I'd say the real issue with energy regen is with the required combination of oCGD finishers and spamming AoE abilities for maximum damage at the top end. At the lower end, not being crit-capped or near crit-caps means even more normal rotations still starve you because of the reliance on oGCD abilities like Fiery Burst.

I understand there's a very fine edge with regards to this, but this is what happens with the current set of abilities and soul synergies. You don't have very granular control of energy regen since it is always at a static 100 points. Less of a buffer and even tiny changes to regen has large implications.

Pure Physical damage specs barely get any power starvation issues on live, but lose out on a lot of DPS from not spamming Fiery Burst. Energy regen might not be much of an issue if physical damage finishers did more damage or had secondary effects that made them worth the GCD and not such big DPS losses. This would then favour Fiery Burst being more integral to deep RB specs, where RB has the energy regen capability to handle Fiery Burst spam on a consistent basis.

However, I do understand this fix is coming from a purely regen point of view based on the current landscape of warrior builds. But do understand that come AP scaling patches, any further changes to soul combinations could trivialise energy regen completely should physical finishers become more attractive.

Anyway, I need sleep and will test this more tomorrow. You can count on further feedback from me.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Telaran

why didnt u just improve/up the physical dmg modfier of vengeance considering you have put it on all pvp gear instead of messing with armour reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Why is it that a shield only nets me a 2% physical damage reduction gain over my 2H? Obviously, not counting block.

In 2H:
    8123 armor,
    44.53% reduction in PvP

In SnB:
    46.37% reduction in PvP
    I am finding the same results. Only 2% mitigation for 50% armor increase and as Atrius says the increase only gets smaller as you stack more of it. IMO the only possible way tanks in pvp can stop this is by going the route of stacking endurance and using possibly full craft valor weapons to compensate for the lost in valor from stacking gear/essences with endurance.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-20-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

The armor nerf will be a significant buff for MMs. Was that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by schmoosh View Post
    The armor nerf will be a significant buff for MMs. Was that intended?
    this is what am so worried about,i think it will make MMs and Sins a nightmares.

In my finding it is actually the best route to consider crafting valor shield, valor 1 hander, valor bow. Taking out valor essences for the highest endurance or go the relic HK tanking route and replacing some pieces for 2-4 peice sets? I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast