+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Changes for Physical DPS and Warrior Power regeneration feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    for sure dude
    You gonna be on PTS at midnight Eastern?
    I'll give you some valid fights to actually test this.

Although the dev is vague on this, I have a feeling my specs are going to be incredibly OP now.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Reducing armor doesn't make any sense. What class typically has the most armor in pvp? So you are improving warrior physical dps against...........warriors?

How does that help me kill mages, rogues, and clerics again?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i think the better way would be to increase (aka introduce) elemental resists (for pvp) on items instead of nerfing the armor. Overall i think we have to MUCH damage generally in the game, not to less. So mitigation resistwise should increas not physical mitigation be reduced.
    This makes way more sense.

Having just read and not really tested anything this fix appears to be borderline ******ed. I could be wrong ofc and in case it persists I hope I am but still.

Ascendant

The problem with adding resists is... Focus absolutely CRUSHES it with ease.

Ascendant

Focus/Hit shouldnt have any mean in PVP ANYWAY, this is total flaw in the whole pvp concept from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    In exploring the issues that were at play here we found that behind all of them was the fact that we increase Armor values by far more on items post level 50 than we do Elemental defenses.
    Wait...what elemental defenses on gear?
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Rift Disciple

What they should really do is just make armor give 50% of the normal damage reduction to spells (player damage only). So if you 60% reduction to phys damage from armor you also get 30% to spells. Then casters getting double bonus from vengeance and focus mucking with resists will not be an issue. It will also temper their damage a bit to tank classes.

I could see a 1/3 also be viable as well.

such a simple change for such a massive quality of life improvement.
    Last edited by Phillthy; 01-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.

All I can say is, I'm barding at the dummy on the PTS and some of these wars can execute rotations for prolonged periods of time WITHOUT FERVOR. Just completely unbuffed, they are not going dry. That's a little... yeah.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    All I can say is, I'm barding at the dummy on the PTS and some of these wars can execute rotations for prolonged periods of time WITHOUT FERVOR. Just completely unbuffed, they are not going dry. That's a little... yeah.
    Yeah, I tried it, and it was 31 seconds before I ran out of energy.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Yeah, I tried it, and it was 31 seconds before I ran out of energy.
    What rotation? Because that does sound pretty good.

Rift Chaser

I love the new energy regen! Never run out of energy now.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

The two concerns listed so far seem to be.

1) What about Rogue Armor Penetration? Won't this make it better?

2) How can this be a fix? Why didn't you just increase Physical DPS?

So let me address both of those real quick.

1) Rogue Armor Penetration affects Armor Value, not Armor Mitigation. This means that the Armor Value number you have on your character sheet gets reduced. The way we handle Armor Value in Rift is that as the value gets higher, it adds less and less value to actual armor mitigation. This value is not being changed at all, what is being changed is the mitigation percentage that is increased by Armor Value. the Armor Value is still being reduced by the same amount it used to be by armor penetration abilities. The outcome is slightly different but in none of our testing did Armor Penetration abilities ever gain enhanced effectiveness from this system.

2) Because the core of this problem was in the Armor Mitigation and how much it increases as you gain new sets of armor (each time we release new armor with higher armor values) this problem was just going to get worse. So if I added new Physical DPS onto Warrior abilities and talents, then in a couple months I would just have to increase it again. The problem would continue and get worse and require more and more extreme enhancements to balance it. Which would in turn have a severely negative impact on those wearing armor values that do not increase as much, such as Mages. So this problem had to be fixed before anything else was ever done.

I mentioned in this chat a few months ago that I was going to be making small changes, steps in the right direction for getting these issues handled. This is one of those small steps. If this is not enough, and there is still an issue with Physical DPS then we will make further changes at an ability or talent level. And we will make those changes knowing that we have a stable base from which to work.
    Last edited by Atrius; 01-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    What rotation? Because that does sound pretty good.
    RW with 3FB. It's better than live, but not crazy without fervor or living as rogues are crying about.

P.S: Please, Atrius, for the love of god, if you look at any feedback please take it from us, the guys that play your class. If you look at any other threads, specially the Rogue forum, you will see a lot of crying about the improved energy regen. I can provide videos showing that without fervor or living energy we do not go forever and ever like they suggest.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 01-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Damn, I can't handle another nerf... We really need more info on this "fix", please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast