Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Makexevil

Thread: Planar Attunement - Make the Polearm also count towards Hammers

Plane Walker

Default Planar Attunement - Make the Polearm also count towards Hammers

My Intimidating shovel is considered a Hammer and so is the new Hammer from the T2 Earth Rift. We have no PAs for Hammers and I think the easiest way to fix this would be either change those weapons to Polearms OR add Hammers to the Polearm PA.
    Last edited by Makexevil; 12-15-2011 at 11:36 PM.

no responses cause no warriors use hammers.
    Funny part being there are only 2 specific warrior hammers @ level 50.
    Therefore Trion will ignore you. :P

I have the T2 raid rift hammer, because i never got a T1 relic, and no HK 2hander yet... and refuse to grind P8.
    PA hammer bonus would be nice to compare with those who get axe/sword/polearm + 2h... but i guess Trion never thought about that one. Hammers for warriors seem to be an after thought... or accident.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Champion

I would have thought it would be better to have mace mastery apply to hammers.

Shadowlander

Anything would be better than nothing. Polearm, Mace...doesn't matter to me.

It'd be nice to have the same options for hammer as for the other weapon types, aside from the "2-Handed" option available to everything else on top of their specific types.

There may not be a lot of hammers, but the new one is a pretty good bridge to HK weaps, especially if you've had the crappy luck my guild has on GBS/RoS relics.

Soulwalker

They should replace ranged weapon mastery with hammer mastery.

i would like all dps increase hexagons be changed in to either 2h-mastery or 1h mastery, it makes so little sense we have to gamble what wpn we be getting.

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

Rift Chaser

mace and 2h weapons for hammer

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    i would like all dps increase hexagons be changed in to either 2h-mastery or 1h mastery, it makes so little sense we have to gamble what wpn we be getting.
    Yep. Back when they put PAs on the PTS for the first time, I made about 30 posts to this effect. The weapon types are otherwise completely cosmetic and typically only come with 1 or 2 available types per tier. These weapons can also switch types. ie p8 sword becomes p10 axe. Whole system is dumb with regards to weapon specialization. It takes the control completely out of the player's hands.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Yep. Back when they put PAs on the PTS for the first time, I made about 30 posts to this effect. The weapon types are otherwise completely cosmetic and typically only come with 1 or 2 available types per tier. These weapons can also switch types. ie p8 sword becomes p10 axe. Whole system is dumb with regards to weapon specialization. It takes the control completely out of the player's hands.
    Agree. Now we have relic 2h sword, relic 2h axe, relic spear. So next 20 men will give a relic warrior hammer? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
    Agree. Now we have relic 2h sword, relic 2h axe, relic spear. So next 20 men will give a relic warrior hammer? -.-
    if it really is a hammer, it will be dps downgrade for me unless it has more than 9.6 wpn dps difference compares to the epic version on the new tier. assume t3 pa is enabled then.
    Last edited by Sharogy; 12-17-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    if it really is a hammer, it will be dps downgrade for me unless it has more than 9.6 wpn dps difference compares to the epic version on the new tier. assume t3 pa is enabled then.
    Trion really did not think about this long term, if you invest in your current weapon your pigeon holed into having to wait for that particular type of weapon to drop. What pre-PA would have been an automatic upgrade you actually have to do the math and figure out if that 9+ dps on weapon is gonna be better then the points invested in PA specialization that will become dead points. I got to 6 out of the 8 PAs filled out for axe before I had to weigh if it was worth it to waste points filling out a teir of stuff i didn't need to get the last 2 hexs filled for axe. I decided to go for my Polearm instead with the hope that is not a 2 month wait for it drop. So I take a slight dps loss now in hopes of getting a jump on my next weapon.

Bad system, 2 easy fixes. Either make them all 2hand and 1 hand masteries or allow a reset of PAs to be used once per raid lockout.
    Last edited by KK; 12-17-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Forced name change FTL

KK - Warrior - A-Hole - Greybriar
    <Trinity> Retired

Rift Chaser

Well, they can charge like 50p-100p per reset for anti-inflation.

I can sympathise with the potential problems min/max raiders have in the warrior weapon planar attunement trees with regards weapons, but it goes even further than that.

I play rift how I imagined it would be, in the open world, dynamic content, rifts, invasions and now onslaughts. As the lone wolf type who groups up at the drop of a hat with strangers several times a day but is solo specced. For a warrior that often means a Kruunch-like spec, S+B dps survival, and hell is it effective.

I was delighted to see the recent patches extend on this part of the game which really had fallen by the wayside in favour of the same old same old dungeon and raid progression. Not that I have anything against the presence of that content, it has to exist.

So now we have this real planar theme.

Planar Attunement.
    Real Planar Content.
    Tiered decent Planar Gear.

All in all an alternative advancement path based on the dynamic planar content and theme.

Yet, the only planar 1H dps weapons available for my warrior are daggers, daggers which are completely missing from planar attunement.

What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Closed Thread