+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tired of RB? .....Enter Paradin

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default Tired of RB? .....Enter Paradin

    First and foremost: I don't take credit for this build. I'm just posting it here because I haven't come across it yet.

    I tried a ParaVK but it didn't work out too well, so I went with this instead, because it's basically more fun to play

    What you need: a bit of patience, and solid 1-handers (I use Matron axe and hk trash drop (quickblade))

    The spec: 44 Paragon 18 Paladin 4 Reaver

    What you get in this build:

    a) Solid DW dps (2k+ crits with PoTH will be seen in just about every match with 2x 44 dps wpns)
    b) Solid energy regen (the macros are a bit clunky but I NEVER go power hungry with the macros below... the macro lag HELPS!!)
    c) Solid AoE.. there is no need to have two separate AoE and Single Target builders or finishers here... they are pretty much one in the same
    d) Excellent survivability: Tank gift points, Paladin 5min full heal, Paladin break free, Power in the Blood from Reaver

    The buffs: Way of the Mountain, Focus of Body, Aegis of Vitality, Shield of the Hero, Binding of Affliction

    The macros:

    I run these macros to make this build a button masher. You can move the followups to their own key if you like, along with bend like the reed (note: I don't use RW at all, but you might find it useful at times).

    Single Target Builder

    #show dual strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Loadequip 1 {your dual wield setup}
    Cast path of the hurricane
    Cast path of the raptor
    Cast paired strike
    Cast sweeping strike
    Cast turn the blade
    Cast dual strike
    Cast path of the wind
    Cast soul sickness

    Single Target Finisher

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Loadequip 1
    Cast strike like iron
    Cast bend like the reed
    Cast shifting blades
    Cast reaping harvest
    cast path of the tempest

    Charge

    #show shield charge
    Cast thread the trees
    Loadequip 9 {your sword n board}
    Cast shield charge

    Other keys you should definitely have at the ready:

    Touch of Life, Fleet of Foot, Light's Hammer, Predictable Movements, Touch of Tranquility


    I tried this build, then went to 51 RB for a few runs, and then went running back to this build shortly thereafter... due to it being flat out fun to play. This build is not top dps, but merely an alternative to having RB as your core pvp soul.

    Thoughts? Comments?

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Interesting build, and I don't want to knock it before I try it, but my gut instinct is that because this is purely physical damage it will do much less DPS than its RB counterparts. Will test it soon and report back though.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Interesting build, and I don't want to knock it before I try it, but my gut instinct is that because this is purely physical damage it will do much less DPS than its RB counterparts. Will test it soon and report back though.
    Trust me, I had those same reservations

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Looking forward to trying this build!!!
    Camzor R8 Warrior - Laethys - Outbreak - HK 10/11

  5. #5
    MiO
    MiO is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    take reaping harvest out, tempest hits harder

  6. #6
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    I too don't want to knock the build or new ideas...

    But with serenity only activated while you parry, seems it might not be suited well for PVP...

    Only half the classes in PVP will cause you to parry, and many might be running hit that reduces your chances further. So I see a lot of starvation...

    I could be wrong, have not tested. How did that work for you when fighting mages/clerics, and overall?

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I too don't want to knock the build or new ideas...

    But with serenity only activated while you parry, seems it might not be suited well for PVP...

    Only half the classes in PVP will cause you to parry, and many might be running hit that reduces your chances further. So I see a lot of starvation...

    I could be wrong, have not tested. How did that work for you when fighting mages/clerics, and overall?
    ZERO starvation issues. Part of that is due to macro lag, but what you see here is a lack of power-greedy abilities. I don't know how much contribution the Serenity has to overall regen, but it is definitely useful.

    Against casters I do fine, but against a full heal spec this won't do much (as expected).

    Overall it's just a fun build to play due to the massive aoe crits. I had some of my first ever 2- and 3- shot kills ... that was something awesome to watch... as I never got the chance to pvp much during the ParaChamp days of old.

    It does require patience while running this build... because the macros will seem very clunky and slow if you're used to a RB spec where you're constantly proccing riftwalk and using your insta-FB finishers
    Last edited by furo; 12-14-2011 at 06:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Zaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I too don't want to knock the build or new ideas...

    But with serenity only activated while you parry, seems it might not be suited well for PVP...

    Only half the classes in PVP will cause you to parry, and many might be running hit that reduces your chances further. So I see a lot of starvation...

    I could be wrong, have not tested. How did that work for you when fighting mages/clerics, and overall?
    Always get in melee range of any caster if you have any sort of benefit from parry/block/dodge etc, they still auto attack. Serenity isn't amazing most of the time though.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

  9. #9
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    I'm going on a hunch here but you're no P8 are you?

    HK weapons are amazing when you're low ranked and placed in matches with P1-4, however vs P7-8, physical damage builds just dont offer much.

    Also, lacking a silence, clense, purge, and LW - outside of "damage" this build isn't offering much to your team.

    that said, I may give it a try simply because I'm bored of VK and RB specs.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    I'm going on a hunch here but you're no P8 are you?

    HK weapons are amazing when you're low ranked and placed in matches with P1-4, however vs P7-8, physical damage builds just dont offer much.

    Also, lacking a silence, clense, purge, and LW - outside of "damage" this build isn't offering much to your team.

    that said, I may give it a try simply because I'm bored of VK and RB specs.

    I am P8 and I use the 1h's from HK for the hit bonuses... I too am tired of VK and RB specs and this is exactly why I use this. I normally use the P8 2h axe in PvE, so I get plenty of use out of that .... good to give it a rest now and then esp in PvP

    I doubted this spec's viability as well, but when you pair this spec with 4pc champ crystal (assuming you've got the appropriate Valor stacked) you'll see why it is a bit more viable than you may have thought...

    My original intent with this build was to run Para VK which gives you the cleanse, mana drain, and purge.... but it was just too d a m n boring! ymmv though...
    Last edited by furo; 12-14-2011 at 08:25 AM.

  11. #11
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furo View Post

    but when you pair this spec with 4pc champ crystal (assuming you've got the appropriate Valor stacked) you'll see why it is a bit more viable than you may have thought...

    This is just one reason why warrior pvp sucks.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

  12. #12
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    I am SO SICK of 38vk

    But when I tried to go away from it I went back to it right afterwards... you just get creamed otherwise. If we could rely on some form of healing or even pug healers it wouldn't be such a problem.. this whole situation is idiotic.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    This is just one reason why warrior pvp sucks.
    Yeah, I think the 4pc set might be holding back warriors in pvp (the ones that dont have it that is) due to how ridiculously good the bonus is. I wont be shocked if they nerf the crystal at some point.

    Beyond that, my only suggestion for your build is to take sweeping strikes out of your macro, using it when your trying to chase someone at range will cost you a gcd every 5 seconds and very likely do no damage for you.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    One of the most interesting builds seen in a long time.

    combining + 50% sli + 10% paladin 1hd bonus + 5% reaver is pure win. Keep it up and pls make a video!

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortim View Post
    One of the most interesting builds seen in a long time.

    combining + 50% sli + 10% paladin 1hd bonus + 5% reaver is pure win. Keep it up and pls make a video!
    I just got my 4pc champ bonus last night so might make a video... I don't have the heavy valor sigil yet though, so even at Rank 8, I'll get squished.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jewrel
    Beyond that, my only suggestion for your build is to take sweeping strikes out of your macro, using it when your trying to chase someone at range will cost you a gcd every 5 seconds and very likely do no damage for you.
    Good point, I think I'll just make a ranged dps macro w/o sweeping strike in
    Last edited by furo; 12-15-2011 at 05:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts