+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: stop asking for nerfs on warriors. we need buffs!!

OMG people just **** and play the game.
    F^#k Clerics!!
    -----=======-----
    Punisher - Lucidium - Greybriar
    11/11 HK - ?/? ID

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    You know warrior's complaints would be more validated by not *****ing about other classes right.
    Except Mages, go ahead.
    There are only 2 ways of balancing the game.

Either Warriors get a buff so a DPS build survivality is higher than that of a candy in front of a school or the other classes get the well deserved nerfs.. they deserve.

Unfortunately after the 'Hey Trion, look at Warriors, we are screwd!' maybe it's time for some QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    There are only 2 ways of balancing the game.

Either Warriors get a buff so a DPS build survivality is higher than that of a candy in front of a school or the other classes get the well deserved nerfs.. they deserve.

Unfortunately after the 'Hey Trion, look at Warriors, we are screwd!' maybe it's time for some QQ.
    for real for you to be in here talking about warrior having low survivability in pvp is just kinda silly.

get on a non warrior and take a lightning burst or a deadeye shot. You wont, you will be dead.

For real go read up on specs if you are having a problem with survivability on a warrior, they have it in spades.

Tank don't hit more than 1k crt, most of his attack don't even break 500.
    hitting someone twice for 800 with one attack is not an 800 hit, its a 1600 hit, and if it has a 700 dmg earth burst on it, it is a 2300 hit, just because it doesnt say 2300 on your screen does not mean that attack did not just do 2300, you just have to be able to do 3rd grade addition.

Your lack of understanding of warrior is amazing. A warrior that migrated that much is a full 66 pt tank .
    You are wrong here, most of the mitigation to MM damage has nothing to do with spec, but valor and AC, if you are then running avatar of water, or have some passive DR...well I am not going to sit here and have to explain things to you since you seem to think you have it all figured out, and just let you keep thinking warriors have no survivability.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-14-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    for real for you to be in here talking about warrior having low survivability in pvp is just kinda silly.

get on a non warrior and take a lightning burst or a deadeye shot. You wont, you will be dead.

For real go read up on specs if you are having a problem with survivability on a warrior, they have it in spades.

.well I am not going to sit here and have to explain things to you since you seem to think you have it all figured out, and just let you keep thinking warriors have no survivability.
    Uhh, lighting bursts with r8 gear/pvp sigil hit me for upwards of 2800.

But yeah, get on your mage and lighting burst them back for just as much.. or just drain all their mana or or just outheal the damage.

Or get on your rogue and sprint way, or slip away! or just spec nb/rs and use one of the 18 2 min cd's you have!

Or or get on your cleric and outheal the damage while bunnyhopping across the map!!!

For someone who trolls the warrior forums as much as you do, try harder.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Uhh, lighting bursts with r8 gear/pvp sigil hit me for upwards of 2800.

But yeah, get on your mage and lighting burst them back for just as much.. or just drain all their mana or or just outheal the damage.

Or get on your rogue and sprint way, or slip away! or just spec nb/rs and use one of the 18 2 min cd's you have!

Or or get on your cleric and outheal the damage while bunnyhopping across the map!!!

For someone who trolls the warrior forums as much as you do, try harder.
    for someone that cant figure out that that 2800 LB is one shotting everyone else and it does like 20% of your health, you sure do have it all figured out.
    GG
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

for someone that cant figure out that that 2800 LB is one shotting everyone else and it does like 20% of your health, you sure do have it all figured out.
    GG
    It might one shot a lvl 39.

When I have 14000 hp and 2800 damage does 20% of my health in a dps spec then I will concede to your brilliance.

Otherwise, stop trolling.

ps.. other classes have damage + survivability (cough rogues/mages/clerics) without one penalizing the other to the extent warriors go thru.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

When I have 14000 hp and 2800 damage does 20% of my health in a dps spec then I will concede to your brilliance.

ps.. other classes have damage + survivability (cough rogues/mages/clerics) without one penalizing the other to the extent warriors go thru.
    just use spell breaker and residual absorbtion and he cant even stack electrified on you...what are you even trying to say here?

ok, sorry if it more like 25% of your 10k HP. point is it is closer to 60-70% when it hits someone else and less than 30% on a warrior.

the whole stacking electrified + ice shear combo + LB + icicle is killing anyone not warrior if they eat it.

oh are those the other callings? suprised you even know considering your complaints

and just stop playing warrior and go play somehting else if you cant get this figured out, warrior doesnt sound like your calling.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.

just use spell breaker and residual absorbtion and he cant even stack electrified on you...what are you even trying to say here?

ok, sorry if it more like 25% of your 10k HP. point is it is closer to 60-70% when it hits someone else and less than 30% on a warrior.

and just stop playing warrior and go play somehting else if you cant get this figured out, warrior doesnt sound like your calling.
    Again, lack of warrior knowledge! 38vk/28rb is such terrible dps spec! (if you are using spellbreaker AND residual absorption more than likely you are that spec)

10k hp with heavy tank talents i.e. no damage output. Grats you can take a hit, but contributing nothing but being annoying.

Average r8 warrior with a 2h specced slightly into tank trees will have maybe 9k hp with endurance enchants.

[Edit]
    Last edited by Alyn; 12-14-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Rudess to another member
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

All PvE aside for warrior, I'm refuse to run a S&B tank soul in PvP. I've beaten different spec mage specs using my 2H rb/champ spec but it was pure luck and only have did it 4x out of pleny of duels and I used pots/stones/ every trick in the book. All 4x I won I only had like 200-400 HP left so thats saying something. I fight P6rogue using the stealth and I barely win with like the same HP as with mages. Needless to say dueling clerics isn't to hard if their dps specs but clerics were meant to be the best healing class anyways. Point is most would agree out PvP dmg needs work, I'm not asking to be OP or rapeface against mulitple enemies. I wish we had like 3 viable souls to choose from that compliment each other for PvP. Our pvp soul vindicator definitely needs some love. I really haven't seen anyone go more than a few points into it, maybe trion should look into why that is. and BTW no bama guys if you leave in the states, progression is communism with a different name
    Pls respond

hitting someone twice for 800 with one attack is not an 800 hit, its a 1600 hit, and if it has a 700 dmg earth burst on it, it is a 2300 hit, just because it doesnt say 2300 on your screen does not mean that attack did not just do 2300, you just have to be able to do 3rd grade addition.
    You are wrong here, most of the mitigation to MM damage has nothing to do with spec, but valor and AC, if you are then running avatar of water, or have some passive DR...well I am not going to sit here and have to explain things to you since you seem to think you have it all figured out, and just let you keep thinking warriors have no survivability.
    1)66 pt tank don't have Earth brust.
    2)A warrior with High Earth brust crt is 51RB spec and they don't have the mitigation. Earth burst don't hit twice.To hit hard with Earth burst, you basically need Enhanced burst and at least 20 pt in RB
    3)I get 5x300 rapid shot. 900 from deadeye with no debuff in 51rb. That is 270x5, 810 with Avator of water used.
    4)My rogue is R7 , warrior is R7 as well, so please don't tell me that I don't understand what they can do.
    5)MM has AC ignore skill. You can ignore huge % of armor. Did you use them?
    6)Everyone have valor. SO?
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

I bet that if you have 14k hp , the LB will do 5k dmg to you since you have no valor.
    Any warrior with 14k hp are most properly using PvE tank gear+ tank Essence.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Soulwalker

For you to be talking about something you don't understand is utterly annoying. How about yo pay any attention to what others say BEFORE quoteing them and ending up saying something stupid, like you did?
    ( You won't understand now, so keep reading. READING. )

No geared character can be one-shoted. Yet. Your argument is false so it Fails.

Leaving aside the part where I said 'DPS build' (since you seem to have skipped that part.. ) the fact is that with a Warrior you have to choose between 3 options:
    - Hit hard. Die even faster. You will be so easy to down that you will have a big 1 over your head.
    - Annoy. Meaning VK/RB build. Meaning locking a mage/cleric for good. No kills.
    - Tank. Medium survivality, no damage. No kills. Useless except to push inside a party and try to CONFUSE them by running wild doing crappy AOE.

Melee crit 2300 damage after using 6 attack points ( 5/6 previous hits ) would be amazing. Curiously a mage crits for 9k in half that time from ten times the distance.

I'm rank 7. I use my own spec, and don't run what "most" warriors run. I get hit for 4500+ consistently with 1100 Valor. I don't play VK, because I play what is fun for me. The highest crit I've EVER seen in this spec, is 1600. It takes roughly 4 GCD to get that. FOr a mage to hit me for 4.5k, requires 3 stacks of electrified (one skill (30m range... out of my range for anything and has a root/stun effect)) Ice shear and Lightning burst. Roughly 4 GCD. With a end result 3x as high and the damage on the way is 3-5x as high. All from 30m away and unless someone happens to wander closer I cant rift walk out of it to get to the mage intime to interrupt lightning burst, and even then they can just cast it again and unless I missed something, it takes less than 6 seconds(CD on interrupt) to cast. weanwhile, theres no way in hell I can burn a mage in that time unless they are in PvE gear. As much as I'd like to.

All that aside, If I close on the mage before any of this happens, I promise I will melt him before he'll do any significant dmg. The problem is, the insane burst. 4500+ dmg on 1100 valor with 10k hp. I have ... nothing that can even come close to that kind of dmg. MAYBE, if mages ran around with 3500hp I'd consider us on a lvl playing field. But they don't, so I don't. Our damage is low and needs a boost. A minor one, but a boost all the same.

Warriors, to me, are the weakest link in PvP. I have all 4 classes at 50, all are geared, but none offer any real challenge compared to the warrior. My cleric is p3 and can tank 2-4people without breaking a sweat. My mage is p4 and can tank 2-4 people and heal through it (though I'll admit, there are a lot more healing debuffs now and its much harder t sustain myself at low rank) my rogue is p5 and NB/RS is just stupidly OP and makes the rest seem severely underpowerd. If I choose to not die on my rogue... I can just not die. Pretty simple. That leaves the warrior. Very little self healing (buying restorative seeds on Seastone... in-game mail them CoD) and low dmg. But, being able to top the dmg chart consistently while being the weakest class, feels pretty good. Its by no means easy, and I take a **** ton more dmg than most people, and die a helluva lot more than anyone but p1 nubs, but thats the trade off I choose to make, to be able to do a decent amount of dmg(read: less than anyone else).
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Champion of Telara

Shar I dont know what happened to your post talking about adding up the damage, but good thing it was deleted because it was laugable. As a 38vk build, you know that one that will have that 10k hp, you will not get a 600 damage crit on any component of ragestorm (that build doesnt have sweeping strikes, stop mashing 5 different builds together and calling them one). In fact your lucky if BOTH components of ragestorm together crit for a total of 600 damage in that build.

In a full dps build with 12 pally, sweeping will generally crit for 1200-14oo depending on targets valor, whereas a mages fireball will crit for 1.5k-1.75k on the same target, at a much greater range. And range is survivability in this game (and it offers a lot of it), dont make me have to make you look like a fool again by explaining how it is despite the numerous gap closers.

GG
    Math much? Show me a full dps spec warrior with 14k HP plz
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast