+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is there anyone here that agrees our tanking specs should trions focus right now?

Default Is there anyone here that agrees our tanking specs should trions focus right now?

I mean forgive me if I'm out of touch. but what gives them the idea our tanking abilities need to be messed with?
    Last edited by Izualy; 11-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.

I believe they are trying to create a more balanced view of tanking accross all classes, I have no problem with them balancing the tank trees. I do find their timing to be somewhat awful, especially considering the terrible survivability of warriors in pvp, not to mention energy issues regarding PvE. 1.7 is supposed to be our saving grace, but that could be any number of months away at this point.
    Kaidagar - Dayblind- R8 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    I mean forgive me if I'm out of touch. but what gives them the idea our tanking abilities need to be messed with?
    tank changes, from what i gather, are going to help pvp snb warriors.

big boost in HP at the very least. i don't really check PTS aside from reading notes, so I'm not entirely sure how the skill/talent changes (if any) are going to affect us
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    tank changes, from what i gather, are going to help pvp snb warriors.

big boost in HP at the very least. i don't really check PTS aside from reading notes, so I'm not entirely sure how the skill/talent changes (if any) are going to affect us
    You are spot on, SnB warriors are going to get a decent upgrade in health as are high VK ones or anyone using a tank tree honesty. I suspect that there will be many new builds using the tank trees just to survive, sadly I don't believe any low level self heal options have been added in the lower sections of any trees. I know that the reaver tree also had a small dps boost as well so that build might be slightly more useful.
    Kaidagar - Dayblind- R8 Warrior

Rift Disciple

pointless thread because the work is already half finished.

But I have big threat issues in live. Our top mage does insane dps and it is really hard to keep agro off him - especially during kiting phases - so some threat changes were needed

However energy/pvp should be a bigger priority ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Draagh View Post
    pointless thread because the work is already half finished.

But I have big threat issues in live. Our top mage does insane dps and it is really hard to keep agro off him - especially during kiting phases - so some threat changes were needed

However energy/pvp should be a bigger priority ofc
    If you are having threat issues in live you are bad.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

I never really thought it should be a priority.. we had builds that could handle every encounter. We had much more pressing issues.

But whatever, like someone said, the work's already done so it doesn't matter. Anyone know when 1.6 is comin out?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I never really thought it should be a priority.. we had builds that could handle every encounter. We had much more pressing issues.

But whatever, like someone said, the work's already done so it doesn't matter. Anyone know when 1.6 is comin out?
    ^THIS. I no longer expect Trion to base 100% of their changes based on community feedback. It seems more like 50/50. 50% of the time you see changes that seem to come directly from player feedback (the loudest complaints) like all the recent rogue buffs to dps and tanking for example.

the other 50% of the time, they change things according to what THEY see the metagame as needing... and somehow they decided tanking soul balance was more important than the plethora of borked skills and DPS issues in both PvP and PvE that warriors have.

*shrug* i kinda just roll with the punches until D3 & GW2 are released.
    Last edited by batou079; 11-08-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Plane Walker

The thing i dont understand is that there has always been preferences in what tank class to bring to encounters and i dont really see the point in normalizing it across the board other than to stop the rogue QQ train. Personally from my memory Rogue was the preferred tank class in GSB (a warrior could do everything easily up to greenscale himself and then the rogue tank was a HUGE advantage in early progression stages of this encounter). The only fight in RoS that preferred a warrior tank was plutonis but rogue definitely had its advantages against the aggravating *** dragon encounter in this instance (been many many months since i was in this instance and forgot his name lol). I just dont understand how we constitantly get extremely slow response rate as to improvement for our class and almost never having anything hotfixxed. The only things that seem to get fixxed are things that make our class even more broken even if they are steps in the right direction.

The lack of counter balance that the warrior class recieves from these nerfs are usually poorly implemented if even implemented at all is rediculous. I'm not QQing about the warrior class because I personally have survived all of the nerfs and still been competitive in PVE and PVP. I just find it kind of lack luster that we have to put up with this huge amount of downtime in between our fixxes when other classes have such good feedback and response rate via hotfix or patch updates from their class devs.

Plane Touched

I believe 1.6 is slated for release on the 16th.

Also, everyone knew that 1.6 was going to be the tank patch. Trion said it as 1.5 was being released (dont exactly remember when). They are making changes for energy issues this patch as well.

You guys expect way too much all at once. "Warriors suck in PvP! FIX IN 1.6!!", "Warriors need 38paragon to be any good in PvE! FIX IN 1.6!!" "FIX EVERYTHING I COMPLAIN ABOUT IN 1.6!!". Just relax, things will get changed.

Ascendant

They can see the future and cross-team patterns we can't.

If they plan to roll out major low-man content akin to T1 and T2, they need to equalize rogue and cleric tanking images compared to warriors first. Tanks are the undisputed bottleneck for such a content, and warriors would enjoy too much privilege. Privilege leads to manipulation and behaviors that shouldn't be tolerated.

They see when raid teams fail and why across the board. Raid teams stalling out and breaking apart is a MAJOR rift issue that is killing their retention rates. Tanks failing is the prime suspect. My guess is that this focus on tanks also addresses some common ways raid teams statistically fail.

They may want to eliminate warrior's superior tanking image if it means salvaging their superior meleeing capability. After all, most of us are willing to give that up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coel View Post
    I believe 1.6 is slated for release on the 16th.

Also, everyone knew that 1.6 was going to be the tank patch. Trion said it as 1.5 was being released (dont exactly remember when). They are making changes for energy issues this patch as well.

You guys expect way too much all at once. "Warriors suck in PvP! FIX IN 1.6!!", "Warriors need 38paragon to be any good in PvE! FIX IN 1.6!!" "FIX EVERYTHING I COMPLAIN ABOUT IN 1.6!!". Just relax, things will get changed.
    Warriors have been having issues since before 1.5 came out. This isn't a "all at once" thing. I think part of the problem is that their choice in what to address when it comes to warriors is not what a majority of the warriors would say needed to have the priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by caper View Post
    Zin can't be female. He's also Repear. He told me so in 50 chat. And he never trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    I don't disagree. However they stated pre-1.5 that 1.6 was going to be to evaluate and play with tanking across the callings. We just kinda ran with it. If I had control of anything, my priorities would be:

1. PVP survival and effectiveness.
    2. PVE DPS variety
    3. Tanking

And heck... I barely pvp (R5 only).
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I don't disagree. However they stated pre-1.5 that 1.6 was going to be to evaluate and play with tanking across the callings. We just kinda ran with it. If I had control of anything, my priorities would be:

1. PVP survival and effectiveness.
    2. PVE DPS variety
    3. Tanking

And heck... I barely pvp (R5 only).
    same. i would prioritize the same... and i also hardly pvp. lol

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Plane Walker

its astonishing at how more in tune with the warrior class sebb is than the devs are =( they havent offered you a job yet bro? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast