Closed Thread
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1030
Like Tree272Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback for PVP Physical DPS issues and Power Starvation concerns

  1. #826
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Bulls rush base is 10 and I don't think they changed any skill that was below 15 base. I think patch notes are not clear as only skills that built AP were reduced. Like I said they did not change any silence based skill even though they build AP. Cyclone Strike has its cooldown reduced and cost increased and tempest had its cooldown reduced. Good troll huh.
    Yeah that's true Cyclone Strike did have its cost increased and CD reduced, but it does the exact same thing as Tempest so why the difference in power?

    Trolling was referring to you saying Windspear was ogcd (which people use to say something is off-GCD). <- nvm with this, read "Stoneshield" and thought you meant Stonespear ;p. I don't know where you got Stoneshield from my post before, though.

    Aaaand like I said before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    Their statement of "rebalanced Power costs of non-Finisher abilities" in their PTS in-progress patch notes should definitely be changed to something more accurate since follow-ups, reactives, taunts, bull rush, some tank AoE abilities, and many more haven't been touched as well as reducing the power cost of some finishers.
    Last edited by Value; 11-11-2011 at 05:03 PM.

  2. #827
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    Yeah that's true Cyclone Strike did have its cost increased and CD reduced, but it does the exact same thing as Tempest so why the difference in power?

    Trolling was referring to you saying Windspear was ogcd (which people use to say something is off-GCD).

    Aaaand like I said before.
    I said stonespear is ogcd you just didn't read. Don't worry I won't blame you for not taking the time to read.

    Like I said if it don't build AP not reduced.

    No idea on cyclone strike.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-11-2011 at 05:07 PM.

  3. #828
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    I said stonespear is ogcd you just didn't read. Don't worry I won't blame you for not taking the time to read.

    Like I said if it don't build AP not reduced.

    3 seconds different cooldown maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Actually Windspear is a silence and that is the reason it was not reduced and Stoneshield is ogcd...
    Stonespear is on GCD as well, though.

    There is no cool down difference between Cyclone Strike and Tempest. Both are acquired at 26 points into the trees as well.

    Fork was reduced to 17 power which isn't an AP granting ability. The ability you use after it is, though. Death's Touch is 20 power yet not reduced as well as all the other follow-ups. Again, if these are the changes they wanted then they need to re-word their patch note statement.
    Last edited by Value; 11-11-2011 at 05:13 PM.

  4. #829
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    Stonespear is on GCD as well, though.

    There is no cool down difference between Cyclone Strike and Tempest. Both are acquired at 26 points into the trees as well.

    Fork was reduced to 17 power which isn't an AP granting ability. The ability you use after it is, though. Death's Touch is 20 power yet not reduced as well as all the other follow-ups. Again, if these are the changes they wanted then they need to re-word their patch note statement.
    I think the fork change was the only mistake I saw. Tempest does slightly more damage maybe the reason.. VK the new Mini Cabalist.

  5. #830
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Not only did they miss abilities, but 16 is the balanced sweet spot, not 17. We are still suckin on tablets at 17. Need to adjust some skills they missed, and make the energy reduction 1 more and make most skills cost 16.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  6. #831
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Atrius,

    Disregard..............
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.

  7. #832
    Plane Touched id0l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    If I had to wager a guess I would say the energy changes are done. If you want the 4k parses then you have to use the best consumables and not trivialize it. The 4k parses without the changes being done in 1.6 prove you only needed a little and now you got that...
    So you think we should have to use expensive consumables that don't last through death to achieve *almost* equal DPS as a ranged class from 35m? And that's if the boss is standing still and we don't have to dodge crap?

    I don't think so. I know you want your LOLROGUE to stay ahead of everyone else, even if it means acting like a warrior and trolling our forum, but seriously? Nobody is gonna buy that.

  8. #833
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    So you think we should have to use expensive consumables that don't last through death to achieve *almost* equal DPS as a ranged class from 35m? And that's if the boss is standing still and we don't have to dodge crap?

    I don't think so. I know you want your LOLROGUE to stay ahead of everyone else, even if it means acting like a warrior and trolling our forum, but seriously? Nobody is gonna buy that.
    Sorry Bro, I don't have a rogue... And I do think the tablets should last through death and Melee do more damage than ranged.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.

  9. #834
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Sorry Bro, I don't have a rogue... And I do think the tablets should last through death and Melee do more damage than ranged.
    I don't think I should have to rely on tablets period.

    And we shouldn't have to. No other class needs consumbales to compete with a class, without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  10. #835
    Plane Touched id0l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Sorry Bro, I don't have a rogue... And I do think the tablets should last through death and Melee do more damage than ranged.
    You still haven't made a case as to why warriors should be forced into using tablets (or anything else that requires farming/plat) to remain competitive (with a ranged class/spec no less) while other classes do not. If anything, a ranged class/spec should be required to use a tablet to remain competitive (read: similiar dps) with melee...not the other way around.

  11. #836
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    You still haven't made a case as to why warriors should be forced into using tablets (or anything else that requires farming/plat) to remain competitive (with a ranged class/spec no less) while other classes do not. If anything, a ranged class/spec should be required to use a tablet to remain competitive (read: similiar dps) with melee...not the other way around.

    I think the tablets should be craftable, have a use time of 60 minutes and last thru death. And don't you think clerics and mages don't have to spend just as much plat on consumables as a warrior. Giving Controlled fire to rogues was a flat out mistake. I guess if you calculate it right now 1 Brightsurge = 1 powersurge and 4 tablets.

    Sure there is issues in power but they did the right thing by making changes slowly to see how things work out.

    Quick Fixes:

    Make Tablets craftable.
    Extend the duration to 60 mins.
    Last thru death.

    Then Brightsurge will be equal to powersure and elder tablet, and Raid consumable cost will be closer in line.

    You are power starved because you try and force as much DPS out as possible while this is always expected if a pure healer tries to non stop AOE heal they will oom really quick.

    And yes to remain competitive a Cleric and Mage have to use a Brightsurge. So warriors are not alone.

    I hope this answers your question
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-11-2011 at 06:55 PM.

  12. #837
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    I think the tablets should be craftable, have a use time of 60 minutes and last thru death. And don't you think clerics and mages don't have to spend just as much plat on consumables as a warrior. Giving Controlled fire to rogues was a flat out mistake. I guess if you calculate it right now 1 Brightsurge = 1 powersurge and 4 tablets.

    Sure there is issues in power but they did the right thing by making changes slowly to see how things work out.

    Quick Fixes:

    Make Tablets craftable.
    Extend the duration to 60 mins.
    Last thru death.

    Then Brightsurge will be equal to powersure and elder tablet, and Raid consumable cost will be closer in line.

    You are power starved because you try and force as much DPS out as possible while this is always expected if a pure healer tries to non stop AOE heal they will oom really quick.

    And yes to remain competitive a Cleric and Mage have to use a Brightsurge. So warriors are not alone.

    I hope this answers your question
    Sounds like trion should make every calling require a tablet and balance around that too, sounds great......../sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

  13. #838
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Mages do not have to use tablets, and they are beating us in single target on the pts... so why should warriors have to use em again?

    Atrius, we need energy regen boosted by 2 a second and the current pts cost recuction, or we need the cost reduction to make builders 15-16... I would rather have more regen.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  14. #839
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Why do we have to keep putting up with these jokers and anony-trolls? This is an official Trion Warrior post, get off of it if you're here to bait people.

    Powersurge = Brightsurge

    Warriors have an additional consumable everyone else does not, tablets. There is no justification for this. Remove this requirement by fixing our power issues: Fix Grim Satisfaction to not overwrite. Fix Serenity to crit on DW. Or up base regen.

    Or make ALL other classes have to use tablets too. Let's see how much they like that.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-12-2011 at 04:24 AM.

  15. #840
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Powersurge = Brightsurge
    Price wise not even close...

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts