Closed Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback for PVP Physical DPS issues and Power Starvation concerns

1.6 is looming closer, and closer.

Atrius why are you being so quiet with regards to power regen... lowering builders is a good start, now how about ability fixes for grim satisfaction and serenity, or upping base regen rate?

Lowering builder is still not enough, we're still required to use a tablet to sustain energy. Why are we the one and only class with such a requirement?

Power generation issues affect both PVE raiders, and PVP warriors man.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-10-2011 at 07:18 AM.

General of Telara

Been a week now with no word from our Dev in this thread?
    Why some people should delete their character, and uninstall the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    Common sense tells - it's bug and no need confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Itís intended that 2-handed weapons receive bonuses from both the two-handed masteries and the weapon type masteries e.g. a 2-handed axe will receive bonuses from both the 2-handed masteries and the axe masteries.

Ascendant

I was in ipp for several hours the other day getting some openworld solo pvp on. I get jumped by this rogue who shaves half my health clean off on the opening stun and few globals after. So I get free and riftwalk in back off and start kiting and tearing him down and such. Well he got to about 25 percent health healed up and switch to guardian phase. In guard phase he started blocking and mitigating my damage. Now we are 2 tanks battling at this point as I am in 38vk/28rb. We are going at it man, I am rifwalkin and summoning him and we aare both getting low, but I am winning. He gets to the 20 percent health range again, and some crazy stuff happened. He started killing mobs to use "Rift Scavenger" top gain health, like a free mini pot from killing mobs. He killed several mobs to regain life and ultimately I lose 30 seconds later when a mage joins in and they kill me.

Now, "rift scavenger" is a 15 point investment in riftstalker, and the build he was using ws 30ish sin/18rs/rest in nb... I find it interesting that a main spec dps with stealth can come out of stealth and chew half my life off while I am in a sword and board tank spec, and have the option of going into guardian phase when stuff gets heavy, and even use mobs to heal himself. Where the heck is this kind of utility in the warrior trees? 18 point investment in a tank soul that can boost dps in one stance, and then block and heal in another... while I enjoyed our fight, I want to point some things out.

Now in other games warriors had a similar mechanic (Guild wars), and it worked nicely. Apply pressure as a tank, and then go attack mode when you need to take out the trash. Why on earth do warriors have none of these type of abilities? Why is a rogue in leather tanking me in a DPS spec, and even healing up? Where is the warrior in our warrior class? That's right, it is nowhere. This same rogue with only 18 points in a tanking tree can now use arkryons mirror...

I suggest we add stance type talents into the pvp tree, and also add more usefull pvp type heal and dps abilities. The stance switching would enable us to be defense oriented in one stance, and offensive in the other. It would improve pvp, while not touching pve. In order for this to work, you would have to add a large +player damage into the pvp tree much like grace of the 5 rings and weapon spec.

Please take a moment to see how this could help warriors a lot. We could be front line fighters when needed, then turn around and dps when needed. If this is not acceptable, then I find it unacceptable that I am playing a 38point spec investment in a tanking tree and still taking more damage than a 18 point tank investment rogue. He even heals more than me. He can change to offensive and take half my life from stealth, and I am still stuck as the tank. This seems severely limiting as a warrior. Please read over this atrius.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 11-10-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

I'm now lvling a rogue.
    At lvl14, in bard spec, i do more total dmg in Black Garden than a 2h warriors several lvls higher than me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nam19771 View Post
    I'm now lvling a rogue.
    At lvl14, in bard spec, i do more total dmg in Black Garden than a 2h warriors several lvls higher than me.
    Your point being?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Your point being?
    My point being that everything's fine as it is!
    People should fear seeing a warrior joining their team in warfronts.

No problem guys, the stuff that nobody as a warrior actually legitimately complained about (Tanking) Is being changed and (Partially nerfed on PTS - I only did the first round of testing though)

And the issues we've had since they over-nerfed us in 1.4, continued in 1.5 and so on...are still continuing.

Good game RIFT.

Trion - 3

Warriors - Half a point for being FOTM for 1 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Ascendant

My point being that everything's fine as it is!
    People should fear seeing a warrior joining their team in warfronts.
    Oh, true - Game should be balanced around all possible level 14 specs. My bad.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

As depressing as this realization is for me, Autecher (The stupid troll guy) is actually right, some of you really won't be satisfied until we're completely overpowered again.

Life is only really bad for warriors in PVP, all other "problems" are minor/aesthetic ones that don't really hinder our ability to do what we're supposed to, Tank and DPS.

If you keep exaggerating like some of you are, you completely discredit us and make us all look like a bunch of whiney crybabies, please just stop posting in this thread if it's just to say the same unhelpful things some guy three posts up from you put.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Oh, true - Game should be balanced around all possible level 14 specs. My bad.
    Where did I write such a thing?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    As depressing as this realization is for me, Autecher (The stupid troll guy) is actually right, some of you really won't be satisfied until we're completely overpowered again.

Life is only really bad for warriors in PVP, all other "problems" are minor/aesthetic ones that don't really hinder our ability to do what we're supposed to, Tank and DPS.

If you keep exaggerating like some of you are, you completely discredit us and make us all look like a bunch of whiney crybabies, please just stop posting in this thread if it's just to say the same unhelpful things some guy three posts up from you put.
    Trolls are everywhere, point is to ignore them like you would in any other thread. Do you really think it is any different on the other class forums? They cry just the same, possibly more on the rogue side. The problems in pve are actually very big ones if you are looking for this game to flourish and actually be "polished" like it should be. Well actually the pve problems we are having now is not just a warrior problem, its a problem for all of the callings and its something that shouldn't of even existed in a mmo that boast about how "polished" it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    1.6 is looming closer, and closer.

Atrius why are you being so quiet with regards to power regen... lowering builders is a good start, now how about ability fixes for grim satisfaction and serenity, or upping base regen rate?

Lowering builder is still not enough, we're still required to use a tablet to sustain energy. Why are we the one and only class with such a requirement?

Power generation issues affect both PVE raiders, and PVP warriors man.
    If I had to wager a guess I would say the energy changes are done. If you want the 4k parses then you have to use the best consumables and not trivialize it. The 4k parses without the changes being done in 1.6 prove you only needed a little and now you got that...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post

you obviously havnt played a high end warrior.
    Nerds In Denial
    GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 11/11 PVP 8/8 ID 3/8

Telaran

At this point really feels like we are the black sheep of this family. Morale is down, and look what the forums have done creating this fight between each other. Where is the UNITY people?

I'm now lvling a rogue.
    Rogue bard hybrids own hard in the 10-30 bracket. I paired mine with NB and Ranger for a pet. Make some macros. Nobody can touch you because you out damage them while healing and buffing yourself at the same time. It's insane. Things tone down a bit after 30 bc people can start hitting you for 1k damage and bards heal too slow for that. But I often had people 5 levels higher than me running away lol. So OP. But you can't expect Trion to balance the entire 10-50 pvp bracket.. hell they can't even balance the level 50 bracket.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-11-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast