+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Massive warrior quitting/rerolling?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Well - Two of my rank 8 warrior friends have unsubbed, and don't plan on looking back.

My rank 5 friend unsubbed, and said he might come back if SWTOR flops (Which it will. that game sucks)

2 Rank 7 warriors, and another rank 5 friend have rerolled a mage, and 2 rogues.

How are your friends doing? or better yet. How are you doing?

Not a QQ post. Seeing how our community is doing super! or I hope so.
    Eh everyone has their reasons for quitting.

Bad - PVP balance, bugged to hell PVE, crappy devs who don't even communicate with the player base anymore which results in a lot of the mess this game is in, bugged souls, zerggy warfronts that gets boring fast, and etc.

I'd like to name some goods but its late and I just can't think of any right now because well...........hell w/e I probably wouldn't be able to think of any even if it wasn't but I'm not unsubing since its still a decent pass time until gw2 comes out but that might change in the future since I might just play ff14 since its starting to look better now and its still f2p lol.

Rift Chaser

Well - Two of my rank 8 warrior friends have unsubbed, and don't plan on looking back.

My rank 5 friend unsubbed, and said he might come back if SWTOR flops (Which it will. that game sucks)

2 Rank 7 warriors, and another rank 5 friend have rerolled a mage, and 2 rogues.

This might not be a popular opinion, but here it is:

This game is horribly unbalanced, buggy, and frankly just not a lot of fun. There are a few cool elements (the ways you can tweak the soul system for hybrid specs, Asha Catari, multiple ways of progressing your character solo and in groups, Asha Catari, real support roles that make 5mans and raids unique and fun, did I mention Asha Catari?). But for the most part, I just don't feel like this game overall just has the polish or the fun factor to keep it going.

Your friends who quit, I bet they were playing solely because some people find it fun to be "god mode" and just roll over people. Warriors are still #1 PvE dps, #1 tanks, and still very effective in PvP - but are no longer god mode killing trains in pvp. So once Trion took that away, your friends probably look at the rest of the game, and go "meh, not interested."

I'm actually not bashing them, because I think that is a very valid and human way to feel about a game. It's a game - it should be fun. Rift has felt like a massive grindfest for me from the beginning, and the new advancement system feels like another one on top of it.

I would honestly be very surprised if rift has 250,000 subs at the year-end of this year, and they'll be lucky to have 100k by the end of next year. I don't mean to QQ, that's just my opinion.

Regarding specifically people giving up the game, the only difference i see now is i see warriors quitting at the same rate as mages, clerics, and rogues (although less rogues now since they are the somewhat god mode pvp'ers).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    This might not be a popular opinion, but here it is:

This game is horribly unbalanced, buggy, and frankly just not a lot of fun. There are a few cool elements (the ways you can tweak the soul system for hybrid specs, Asha Catari, multiple ways of progressing your character solo and in groups, Asha Catari, real support roles that make 5mans and raids unique and fun, did I mention Asha Catari?). But for the most part, I just don't feel like this game overall just has the polish or the fun factor to keep it going.

Your friends who quit, I bet they were playing solely because some people find it fun to be "god mode" and just roll over people. Warriors are still #1 PvE dps, #1 tanks, and still very effective in PvP - but are no longer god mode killing trains in pvp. So once Trion took that away, your friends probably look at the rest of the game, and go "meh, not interested."

I'm actually not bashing them, because I think that is a very valid and human way to feel about a game. It's a game - it should be fun. Rift has felt like a massive grindfest for me from the beginning, and the new advancement system feels like another one on top of it.

I would honestly be very surprised if rift has 250,000 subs at the year-end of this year, and they'll be lucky to have 100k by the end of next year. I don't mean to QQ, that's just my opinion.

Regarding specifically people giving up the game, the only difference i see now is i see warriors quitting at the same rate as mages, clerics, and rogues (although less rogues now since they are the somewhat god mode pvp'ers).
    I duno about other warriors but me and many wars i've spoken to feel completely useless in pvp now. we are there for subdue and lingering wounds. everything else we do can be done muich better by any of the other classes.

It is not uncommon to find 1-2 wars in wf's, out of 30. we get zerged due to melee range, it's not fun. we cant kill anything without an assist train behind us. then ppl moan coz they STILL Fing think it's us killing them; except now it's the 10 MM assist train behind spamming.

we do well when the team does well. we are poop when our team does poop. basically we get carried and hardly change the game now. wana argue? roll a war and play it in a pug.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdstringhero View Post
    Just got rank 8 and my sword last night, I'm rolling kids twice as hard lol. I don't think there's an issue with the limited souls we can use for decent output, but the fact that we're confined to so few of them. Every other class has all this cool stuff, phase shift for mages, overload for clerics, slip away/warping around w/o targets or depending on a buff for rogues. Most people QQing about warriors being op are bad players who don't know what purge is, take away planar blade and we]re useless. With that being said, I absolutely love this game and am sad to say that my sub is also cancelled, but I fully plan to come back to this game once the devs get their heads straight.
    Did you just say Phaseshift for mages?

really?

... i mean.. really?
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

it's getting to the point where I am ready to unsub. Rogues do everything we do and sometimes better plus they have ranged and bard. Every patch brings a nerf to us and there seems no effort to improve us or make warriors more fun to play.

I cant really be bothered to reroll, I put so much work into my warrior I dont want to go through that again.

Like many, I am just totally fed up and dissapointed that my class has been nerfed into a 'half class' that every other class can match or exceed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Draagh View Post
    it's getting to the point where I am ready to unsub. Rogues do everything we do and sometimes better plus they have ranged and bard. Every patch brings a nerf to us and there seems no effort to improve us or make warriors more fun to play.

I cant really be bothered to reroll, I put so much work into my warrior I dont want to go through that again.

Like many, I am just totally fed up and dissapointed that my class has been nerfed into a 'half class' that every other class can match or exceed.
    Same I have only logged in for two short goes since the patch.

I played library maybe 50 times over the weekend. I won't go into how boring it is. Anyway, I was consistently highest 1-3 Kill Death Ratio, but the problem now I find is I am kill stealing. I'm not the damage dealer, not the game changer. Whilst my end game report looks kewl and flashy, it's entirely does not reflect how useful I am as a warrior. It's not unusual to see warriors farmed even if teams are equal or losing.

part of the problem maybe coz ranged classes all crit from ranged more than wot i can crit for... usually triple. so much for balance eh.

TRION FIX BUNNY HOPPING. what drug were u smoking to allow bunny hopping to even exist.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Severos View Post
    You think it is only the people that post on the forums that are quitting?

I know several hundred players (five different raiding guilds, several servers that are becoming ghost towns) that have quit Rift in the past month, they are gone and not coming back... and none of them have posted on the rift forums. What you fail to realize is that one warrior quits, his brother that plays a cleric quits, his girlfriend who plays a mage quits, and then his friend who is the raid leader of the guild quits... then the whole raiding guild quits.

MMOs are about social groups more than anything... and if you can't see that then we have nothing to talk about.

I am not posting this on the forums just because I have nothing better to do. Truthfully Rift is one of my favorite MMOs of all time... but I am not kidding myself. Rift has some challenges in front of it. I have seen it happen, just ask yourself this...

how many guilds are there now then there was about a month ago? If you are in raiding guild, has your guild absorbed any other guilds lately?
    This is a bunch of circumstantial CRAP that you generated.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Champion

Rerol in rogue ftw, MM/Ranger with 90+ killblow its reality (10-15 min on Library of Runemasters)
    Last edited by Ekso; 10-03-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekso View Post
    Rerol in rogue ftw, MM/Ranger with 90+ killblow its reality (10-15 min on Library of Runemasters)
    SS or it didn't happen imo...
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    SS or it didn't happen imo...
    Its versus random pug ofc, but its the sad reality

Shadowlander

OP:

Its not the changes that make me want to unsubscribe at all, I've adapted. The quality of the content that is making it to the live servers, is making me scout elsewhere.

I'd like to say they will fix the bugs at least with skills/talents that aren't working correctly, but lets be honest, they still havn't updated in game tooltips to reflect changes......(Yes it is minor, but these slip ups should NEVER make it to live servers...and there are quite a few - Never before this game, have I been required to consult the forums to find out whats really going on in game)

Am I paying to play, or test this content for future generations? I tend to believe the latter the longer I remain.
    Welchs/Exergonic - Temporal Insurgence - Faeblight

Rift has its unique stuff but overall it's the same old recipe (leveling, raiding, warfronts, farming, slacking in major city) that everyone got bored of after so many years of WoW or other games. I see that as the common reason of people leaving. I myself am quite bored of doing anything outside progress raiding.
    Stoneblock - Warrior - The Fires of Heaven - EU Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Xanoth View Post
    I don't know a single warrior that has quit, intends to quit, or intends to re-roll. I'm not even sure what all the fuss is about to be honest, not much changed.
    Two of our best raiding Warriors have quit over the past month.

One of them also happened to be one of the best PvPers in this game as well ... Zin (author of the Ragestorm build).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 10-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    If you honestly believed that Warriors weren't moronic in 1.4 then you simply did not play any other class.

My personal favorite was the guy on the warfront forums complaining his Warrior with shield now does terrible damage in comparison to two handers and duel wield.

It's about the same as someone whining "I can't go full dps on my warrior and survive, I have to pick up paladin or VK for survivability which is bull ****"

Why do you think there is a large amount of Chloro/Lock Mages? It's not because the damage is amazing, Trust me when I say there is a CRAP ton of better specs for Mages concerning DPS. That is why you don't see Chloro/Lock in any 5 man, Because other then Solo, They're pretty much ***.

The Reason you see a Large Amount of them now, Is because They've given up a large portion of DPS for a crap ton more Survivability, Because running into combat a 51 Stormcaller or a 51 Lock or a 51 Pyro, and having a Single Warrior get on ya and kill you in about 5 Seconds gets old.

As a Mage, I highly recommend you go up VK. Because I've played a Warrior in pretty much every MMO up until now, and Mages usually **** on those Warrior Classes, There were only a few instances in WoW (When Protection Warriors could break roots/snares on Charge/intercept) where I could take on a Frost Mage in that game and actually win. So When people say, Hey I have this entire line dedicated to screwing over mages, I'd be taking that line in a heart beat.

In the End, I think what you're suffering from is the same thing the mage/cleric is suffering from, The Abundance of Rogues. Which I think they frankly overbuffed this patch, Esp Related to Warriors (Like why are they get armor ignores? If a Rogue is going to be able to **** on my mage 100% of the time, then I fully expect a Warrior should have the ability to **** on a Rogue 100% of the time)

Personally I'd like to see Beastmaster get a PVP revamp designed to make them better vs Rogues.

That'd be interesting..
    It's really surprising to me how many narrow minded people feel the need to turn this into a "XXX class vs. XXX class" issue.

Really surprising coming from a Mage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast