+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Massive warrior quitting/rerolling?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    4 level 50s is the answer , work on them all . But thats what trion wants, because if you are building 4 lvl 50s then you play longer whch means more money spent ,

i

I am not sure how other classes play out but a Warrior who is not R8 is garbage. I don't have the time to level up 4 R8 characters.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blade View Post
    I only get on my 2 warriors for the pvp dailies/weekly. Other then that, I been playing my rogue heavily, and keeping up with my alt mage and cleric more.

though I love warriors, always have. Been playing Warriors since I've been playing games. So there is very little stopping me from jumping to the next MMO to try their warriors. and SWTOR is the next MMO, and they better get the warrior class right, you can't mess/screw up the Jedi/Sith warrior class. You'll have so many pissed off fans lol
    From what Ive been reading, the "warrior" classed in TOR are gonna be A) Tank; B) Melee DPS; C) RE-Roll...Seems every other class there is capable of self healing, doing good dps and also tanking. Picture the cleric of Rift all over again.

So all you warriors quitting in December for TOR, try again haha.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

Quote Originally Posted by Xandoras View Post
    Serashen, do u really think that this patch is what was necessary to separate the good warriors from the bad? I do agree that it now takes more intuition for a warrior to be successful in WF's, but...daym. You seem like a rationally thinking and probably expirienced MMO'r (tbh im generally new to MMO's). Forget warfronts for now, go to your guild and pick 3 equally geared and skilled guildies from every other class...duel them.......still feel the same?
    Yes, I will smash their faces in too - lmao...horrible example. Look. Just because 20 people out of 100,000 log into the forums and cry about things sucking now, doesn't mean they actually do. 99/100 people who cry on the forums, are people who just got owned, and they need the other people who just got owned to show sympathy.
    Last edited by Serashen; 10-02-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Yes, I will smash their faces in too - lmao...horrible example. Look. Just because 20 people out of 100,000 log into the forums and cry about things sucking now, doesn't mean they actually do. 99/100 people who cry on the forums, are people who just got owned, and they need the other people who just got owned to show sympathy.
    Well i agree that alot of ppl just use forums as an outlet to cry about getting beaten...lol sometimes even humiliated casue they thought they were "good" before being bent over lol. Reading ur signature it seems that you have quite an accomplished toon. I'm R8 as well (don't PVE) and i can tell you in all honesty that i have absolutely no problem being beaten by a player who is better than me. hell, I even gave opponents props in WF yells on various occasions, but slowly imo the pvp mechanics of the game are begining to favor all the other classes. All they have to do to beat us is mitigate our burst and sustain dps on us. fight over. We are basically a one trick pony right now...and everyone knows the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    swtor will fail, just like rift. age of conan, aion etc. Nothing can live up to WoW. Companies just piss the player base off too much.
    Guild Wars 2.....there is hope.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Really? What scale are we referring to exactly? The 10 people on these forums saying they quit? Don't make me LOL anymore please.
    You think it is only the people that post on the forums that are quitting?

I know several hundred players (five different raiding guilds, several servers that are becoming ghost towns) that have quit Rift in the past month, they are gone and not coming back... and none of them have posted on the rift forums. What you fail to realize is that one warrior quits, his brother that plays a cleric quits, his girlfriend who plays a mage quits, and then his friend who is the raid leader of the guild quits... then the whole raiding guild quits.

MMOs are about social groups more than anything... and if you can't see that then we have nothing to talk about.

I am not posting this on the forums just because I have nothing better to do. Truthfully Rift is one of my favorite MMOs of all time... but I am not kidding myself. Rift has some challenges in front of it. I have seen it happen, just ask yourself this...

how many guilds are there now then there was about a month ago? If you are in raiding guild, has your guild absorbed any other guilds lately?

Plane Touched

I just quit my rank 8 warrior too, expires tomorrow, actually 2 accounts im cancelling. So sick of Trions knee jerks buff and nerfs rollercoaters.
    Playing Forsaken World atm for free! lol, till at least GW2 is out!

R8 Warrior, subs end on the 8th, Looking forward to trying some other games. As to the guy who said people leaving separates the goods from the bads, its more like separating those that have time/money to waste, and those who dont. Face reality, out of the what 6 major patches we've seen in this game 2 were good for us. 1.1 and 1.3 (1.2 was so so) aside from that, warriors have been cannon fodder. Im out. Love the game, not impressed with the Devs or the constant changes to abilities. (OGCD, long *** CD on ranged, lack of support/heal rolls, worst pvp tree in the game)
    Deamonos
    Dayblind

I just found the joy of TF2.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Soulwalker

I choose to cancel my subscription. Tired of playing learn the patch, and there is no point in re-rolling because it's not exclusive to the Warrior class. Trion's development team has done a fairly good job with many things, but I would not count class development/ stability amongst them.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Guild Wars 2.....there is hope.
    If you're waiting for a game with no nerfs you'll be waiting until Hell Freezes over... or playing a terrible game.

PDZ
    Telaran

i personally dont understand why people are mass qqing or quiting but then again i dont pvp much,its more for laughs.

As far as i know we still do decent in pvp from the hardcore pvpers in my guild have said.

Pve wise we are fine
    PDizzle - F@#K yea bm back in 1.8

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by PDZ View Post
    i personally dont understand why people are mass qqing or quiting but then again i dont pvp much,its more for laughs.

As far as i know we still do decent in pvp from the hardcore pvpers in my guild have said.

Pve wise we are fine
    Warrior was OP for so long that all the FotM rerollers accumulated in one spot.
    What we are seeing now is just a redistribution of spineless players.

Telaran

Just got rank 8 and my sword last night, I'm rolling kids twice as hard lol. I don't think there's an issue with the limited souls we can use for decent output, but the fact that we're confined to so few of them. Every other class has all this cool stuff, phase shift for mages, overload for clerics, slip away/warping around w/o targets or depending on a buff for rogues. Most people QQing about warriors being op are bad players who don't know what purge is, take away planar blade and we]re useless. With that being said, I absolutely love this game and am sad to say that my sub is also cancelled, but I fully plan to come back to this game once the devs get their heads straight.
    Last edited by Thirdstringhero; 10-02-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Desjardin/Signatures/Comeatmebro7.png

Champion

Can still get kills, it's just less fun. Properly made burst macros used to be seriously dangerous and it mattered when you used the abilities. You can still be tactical with cc's etc, but there's a lot less thought to the actual melee, and you can't spike your damage output as dramatically. Just feels regressive rather than progressive, as in this isn't how I'd like to see the class developing. I lived through 1.2, I'll live through this.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast